Post-Game Talk: Carey Price records a shutout as the Habs lose 7-1 to the Wild

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Man this thread would be 10 pages long by now, guess the pro tank talk has really died down...
Nah!
For myself, I have watched about 10 games this seasons as opposed to 70+ last year. I have lost interest in the team and the NHL a little. I got myself snowboard equipment and a year pass plus some snowshoes. I'll be enjoying beautiful BC instead of watching a pathetic hockey team.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
We need Coyle

Our top 6 is small and it shows. Shaw experiment needs to end. Danault isnt very good.

We need Coyle while KK can be ready down the line. This year they could always switch KK and Coyle between #2 and #3 depending on the situations in a game. Danault meanwhile could be switched to the wings or traded.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It is just a more positive-less negative way to look at the result.
You need to pick your moments...when you lose 7-1...you don't have to spin anything positively. Habs played like crap. That's it that's all. It happens. You move on.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm curious to see what we can get back for Petry, Danault, and Byron.

I like Byron,I do feel like Danault will have to be moved sooner than later though. Petry I think will wait till next year once they see what the younger guys look like.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a first for petry though

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lost track of so much in exam season I completely forgot our record and stats. I see we're teetering on the edge in the final WC spot, have a minus goal differential now, Pittsburgh lurking with 2 games in hand and Murray coming back, Detroit and the Rangers are somehow above .500 and Carolina has no offensive talent to pose a threat to our spot whatsoever.

So I expect this be what we are for the remainder of the season and fighting it out for the remaining WC spot. I mean... it's better than what was expected coming in.

As for the game tonight, I completely forgot we were playing and I saw it was 5-0 when I opened TheScore app in the 2nd intermission lol. Jesus.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I missed the game. But an interesting stat is that if you take away goals score 5 on 4, it's a 2 -1 hockey game...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Here's another stat. Remove all of their 7 goals and we win 1-0.

We were outscored 2 to 1 5 on 5. The pk clearly sucked, as did the powerplay, as usual. Care to make a relevant non-snarky comment for someone who missed the game? Such as: we were also thoroughly outplayed 5 on 5, it just didn't show up on the scoreboard...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
We were outscored 2 to 1 5 on 5. The pk clearly sucked, as did the powerplay, as usual. Care to make a relevant non-snarky comment for someone who missed the game? Such as: we were also thoroughly outplayed 5 on 5, it just didn't show up on the scoreboard...

What? No, alluding that the score isn't representative of the outcome in a negative way would be moral tankery and we don't do that here, no sir. Only moral victory and true fans stuffs.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad