Post-Game Talk: Carey Price records a shutout as the Habs lose 7-1 to the Wild

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We were outscored 2 to 1 5 on 5. The pk clearly sucked, as did the powerplay, as usual. Care to make a relevant non-snarky comment for someone who missed the game? Such as: we were also thoroughly outplayed 5 on 5, it just didn't show up on the scoreboard...
Habs sucked all game, nothing more to make of it.
If you remove the special teams and replace that with ES time, odds are the Wild would have scored a couple more.

Sometimes, there isn't some deep analysis to do. Habs just sucked bad. That's all there is to it. It's no more representative of their ability as if they'd beat a team 8-2 either.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The Danault line is no longer clicking, we should refresh the lines:

Tatar-Domi-Drouin
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers

The top six becomes a stacked offensive line, which can hold its own defensively, and a balanced 2nd line with talent and speed (sheltered minutes). Byron and Gallagher have had chemistry before, and KK can feed them.

The bottom six has the fourth line which can play heavy and forecheck with some chances, it remains untouched. The third line takes on the defensive minutes and can solidify our pressure/momentum creation output from our bottom two lines.

The defence should be:

Kulak-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Schlemko-Juulsen

Give Reilly a chance and sit Benn. Schlemko can have a more appropriate slotting with Juulsen.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
And that’s exactly it........next

We should never think we are that great when we win a game 8-1 just like we should never think we are that bad after last nights spanking.........

Glad I passed out for that one though lol
I was working.. Big evening at the airport.. I checked RDS.ca during break and at 6-1 I thought ''back to work''

Reactions: jaffy27

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Undisciplined and not prepared mixed with the Ghost of Red-Light Racicot

Will call it a draw between Clode and Niemi who owns this steaming coil

Reactions: jaffy27

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sad really! I get the Price contract might be scary, but Niemi is not the hill to die on rofl

Both suck, but the other loser being paid over ten times more does count. Niemi's just a below average backup and no one needs to expect otherwise.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I was working.. Big evening at the airport.. I checked RDS.ca during break and at 6-1 I thought ''back to work''
Good call!!......I flew all night the night prior and only got a few hours of sleep after landing so I packed it in early last night, Couldn’t keep my eyes open.....think it was 1-0 when I fell asleep, looks like I didn’t miss much lol

Reactions: HabsDood

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Seems very strange you are more interested in games last year than this year, a markedly more interesting team? Do you enjoy watching losses? I can't really wrap my head around your comment to be honest.
His interest dwindled with what transpired last season, hence he has little care for the Habs this season, a team which is heading towards a lesser reward at the end of the road.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What's crazy is, half way through the second period, and it's still 1-0 and we were dominating that period, out shooting the Wild 8-1 during the first 10 minutes, and then wham we give up 4 goals in less than the last 10 minutes...the shortie that made it 3-0 essentially ended the game....

Head home and get ready for the Canes...Sens, and Bruins.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Clod, plod.

I would rather a guy who though he makes defensive mistakes, he can move and pass the puck , like Reilly, than guys who cannot make the offensive plays but yet still make the defensive gaffes, like all those other guys.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wild are the type of team that we will struggle against. Any team with strong mobile players (especially on D), we tend to struggle. Frustrating game to watch but it's a road game and they boys will rebound.

I'm also Mooseheads fan and our Habs team is built the same. Smaller type players that can get knocked off the puck and neutralized easily when they face a complete team.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Danault line is no longer clicking, we should refresh the lines:

Tatar-Domi-Drouin
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers

The top six becomes a stacked offensive line, which can hold its own defensively, and a balanced 2nd line with talent and speed (sheltered minutes). Byron and Gallagher have had chemistry before, and KK can feed them.

The bottom six has the fourth line which can play heavy and forecheck with some chances, it remains untouched. The third line takes on the defensive minutes and can solidify our pressure/momentum creation output from our bottom two lines.

The defence should be:

Kulak-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Schlemko-Juulsen

Give Reilly a chance and sit Benn. Schlemko can have a more appropriate slotting with Juulsen.

Habs need to struggle a bit more for Julien to make drastic line changes IMO. I do agree that a shuffle up front should be tinkered with. This is my version

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Byron / Danault / Shaw
Agostino / Chaput / Armia or Deslauriers

Hudon

Danault can still be used as shutdown 200' center without Tatar and Gallagher IMO.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You could tell from puck drop the team wrote it off. Very similar to the CLB game two yrs back.

Every player was pretty much varying degrees of hot garbage.

Niemi needs to be waivers bound.

A 4.14 GAA and .876 SP is not acceptable
niemi has been very solid, you cant take stats after a 7 goal night, and use as a reason to let go a goalie.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Niemi should be waived

Lol,

yeah, its okay and acceptable for Price to stink for an entire year,

Niemi has one bad game and its "GET RID OF HIM!!" :rolleyes:

Niemi still has a better win %, better GAA, and better SV% then Price since he was aquired,

Niemi also has something Price will never have....a cup!!

Price plays a bad game....."Well look at the AHL level D he is playing behind!!"

Niemi has a bad game....."Niemi SUCKS!!....waive him!!!"

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Genesis76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->