Post-Game Talk: Carey Price records a shutout as the Habs lose 7-1 to the Wild

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Niemi HAS BEEN better then Price,

Look at the stats since he was aquired

Give me a break. Price had a down year and Niemi got hot for 15-20 games. Now he’s back to earth. Nothing surprising. That being said, I have a hard time blaming him at all for last night. What a pathetic effort by the team and terrible time to get back in the crease.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
niemi has been very solid, you cant take stats after a 7 goal night, and use as a reason to let go a goalie.

I agree one game is just that... 1 game. So he had a bad night last night.

How about his 7 games prior?

Anyhow, no point waiving him, we got no help in the pipeline this season. Lindgren hasn’t been good at all this year.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
pittsburgh starting to turn it on,

we will be well out of the playoffs where we belong by Jan 1

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
thats exactly my point,

niemi loses and everybody blames him,

price loses and everybody blames the team and the defense

Define “everybody.” I see this a lot in Price debates where “everybody” is defending him when it’s the opposite. There may be several, if that posts blaming Niemi for the dumpster fire that happened last night.

Reactions: ArtPeur and ChikN

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I can understand people bagging on Niemi for last night but I don’t think it actually makes any sense to blame him. We scored just 1 goal and our defensive coverage was garbage.

Niemi wasn’t good or even average last night but the loss is on the team.

Anyhow, I’m not too busted up about Niemi though... he isn’t part of our future so whatever.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
if you take away 5 on 4 goals we probably have 5 less wins....news flash, all goals count

Thanks for the news flash, it was really enlightening.
If you think losing 7-1 5on5 is the same as losing 2-1 5 on 5 in terms of what it says about the team's strengths and weaknesses, more power to you.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I can understand people bagging on Niemi for last night but I don’t think it actually makes any sense to blame him. We scored just 1 goal and our defensive coverage was garbage.

Niemi wasn’t good or even average last night but the loss is on the team.

Anyhow, I’m not too busted up about Niemi though... he isn’t part of our future so whatever.

Niemi kept us in the game for 30 minutes, he's in the last year of his career. We sucked on PK. That was bad.

Reactions: sandviper

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Who ever points out the Stanley cup for Niemi should realize that the Hawks gave Niemi a cup and not Niemi who gave a cup to the Hawks. Remember those 7 to 6 games in the finals?
Niemi is probably the worst starting goalie to win a cup in the pass 50 years.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Niemi HAS BEEN better then Price,

Look at the stats since he was aquired

and pluck your eyes out because, it appears, you just don't need them.

niemi was freaking WAIVED and is nothing more than a stop gap backup. his best asset is that he is cheap. he's not in price's league even WHEN price struggles.

niemi better than price ?????? har de har freaking har !

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What is our record against playoffs teams?

Against teams currently in the playoffs as of December 12nd our record is :

4-5-4

Note that this is the record against team "currently in the playoffs" as opposed to "in the playoffs when the games were played". I decided to do that because being in the playoffs in the first 10-15 games doesn't mean much. A team like Arizona could be in the playoffs after 3 games and playing against them at this point would count as a game against a playoffs team so that's why i took the games against teams currently in the playoffs as of December 12nd.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Trading Petry at the deadline and even Byron would not be tanking. It would be good assets management. Both players value is as high as it will ever be. It can only go down from this point in time. Both players will be over 30 next season and will likely not play a big role when this team will be ready to win. Trading them for kids/picks in our current situation is just logical and is something we should do tanking or not.

Petry will gather a lot of interest at the deadline if we make him available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't get the blame the goalie crowd whatsoever. I didn't blame them last year and I don't blame them this year. If we keep on giving up goals odd man rushes and lane charges to the net like we have these last two games we will lose plain and simple and no goaltender in this league can help that. We just are not a very well constructed team currently.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Trading Petry at the deadline and even Byron would not be tanking. It would be good assets management. Both players value is as high as it will ever be. It can only go down from this point in time. Both players are 30 and will likely not play a big role when this team will be ready to win. Trading them for kids/picks in our current situation is just logical and is something we should do tanking or not.

This please. I've said it before, if MB makes these moves then he will prove to me that he has learned a thing or two during his career as a GM. Maybe I'm delusional though because the more I think about candidates to be our GM the more it seems like MB having an epiphany is the only way things will work out for this team.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lol,

yeah, its okay and acceptable for Price to stink for an entire year,

Niemi has one bad game and its "GET RID OF HIM!!" :rolleyes:

Niemi still has a better win %, better GAA, and better SV% then Price since he was aquired,

Niemi also has something Price will never have....a cup!!

Price plays a bad game....."Well look at the AHL level D he is playing behind!!"

Niemi has a bad game....."Niemi SUCKS!!....waive him!!!"

:rolleyes:
Lol. Your logic is so dumb. In that case Shaw is our best forward. 2 cups. Lol
Watch a game bud. 33 goals in 8 games he’s allowrs. Save % in the 88Os. Yup one bad game.... lol.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Trading Petry at the deadline and even Byron would not be tanking. It would be good assets management. Both players value is as high as it will ever be. It can only go down from this point in time. Both players will be over 30 next season and will likely not play a big role when this team will be ready to win. Trading them for kids/picks in our current situation is just logical and is something we should do tanking or not.

Oh..........I get that. When I was typing, I was thinking more about past trades that can be scrutinized for years. Young talent seems to have a tough time developing in Montreal and staying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad