Post-Game Talk: Carey Price records a shutout as the Habs lose 7-1 to the Wild

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
The shorty was a 50/50 call and the D didn't help him out much at all.

It's easy to blame niemi but the fact is it wouldn't have made a difference if he played his best game as a hab.

We stunk, start to finish. The best part was DLO tuning a guy in a too little too late fight.

I was just going to say that was the best part of the game for me as well, didn't expect it , thought he wasn't able to fight anymore due to his facial injuries.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I was just going to say that was the best part of the game for me as well, didn't expect it , thought he wasn't able to fight anymore due to his facial injuries.
He's no emelin.
At least he tried ( and succeeded at filling that guy in)

Reactions: Forum93

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Im still trying to wonder why Kirk Muller still got a job.

PP been garbage since he rejoined the habs.

Gotta wonder why Ducharm isn't given that responsibility. I mean Muller is a decent bench guy but our best run on the PP goes back to Therrien when Markov was out and Beaulieu slotted in with Weber they ran at a 25% clip for a while until Markov came back and then Julien took over. Beaulieu never got a second of PP time with Clode and we fell back to something like 12%. Granted we were trash for almost all of Therrien's tenure.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Went down like a pile of sissies, disgusting.

Jul 6, 2016
The game was 2-1 for Minny at 5 vs 5

5-0 for Minny with 4 PP and 1 SH goals

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Sometimes blowouts do happen. On to the next one.
Yup - 1. They are not going to win the cup this year
2. They are in a rebuild
3. They are playing better than anyone thought they would this season
Aside: F the tsn690 guys for chuckling at the dude who texted that Muller should be fired; HE SHOULD - PP hasn't been good since the last time Halley's comet was visible from earth. Discussing why the PP cannot get on track is far more relevant than why Price did not get the start tonight

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
On TSN they were saying why bring Price in as the game was clearly lost, since he's just played 7 in a row and they have some tough ones coming up vs Canes and boston in a 3 in 5 days before going on that crappy road trip from the 19th to the 31st. I guess they didn't want to embarrass Niemi any more then he already was.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Now can we stop selling our youth on main board for older LHD, we are far more than a LHD away from contending. This team is mediocre at best. Keep building the prospect pool,

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Remember when people thought Neimi was actually good and that he should be getting starts over Price.

lol. Fun times guys.

No one thought Niemi was actually good, we thought he was better than Price? That doesn't mean he was good.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think we defended pretty well in the first. The Wild played with loads of emotion, had territorial advantage, but Niemi was sharp, and we were able to squash the really high danger chances. Late in the first we were starting to find our rhythm. Then, we basically looked like we where going to take over the game in the second, but Weber took a penalty and our powerplay struck. From that moment it was 3-0 and they seem to have given up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad