Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

How surprising, right?

I know it's all suspicious. It did jump in my mind when they announced his injury yesterday. But I highly doubt they'd lie about an injury when they can simply say he will be with his wife for the birth of their second child. That is much better PR. So I'm leaning on him actually being hurt.

Reactions: Lshap

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
NHL and NHL PA should allow emergency leave for family reasons.

It's stupid to use IR to attend this event.

Tell that to the stupid medias that announced Angela was pregnant 2 years ago before the couple had the chance to told their family and friends....As she said: " They robbed us from a very special moment".

Having said that, Price could still have a small injury though

Reactions: llamateizer

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I know it's all suspicious. It did jump in my mind when they announced his injury yesterday. But I highly doubt they'd lie about an injury when they can simply say he will be with his wife for the birth of their second child. That is much better PR. So I'm leaning on him actually being hurt.

I kind of agree....but as my other answer to someone else, never forget what happened 2-3 years ago and who wants reporters waiting in the delivery room. It's Montreal...from dumb ass ex-player like Tremblay who will reveal personnal information (Galcchenyuk) to dumb fans and dumb radio host like JC Lajoie spreading dumb story like "Price slept with a young fan" to "Angela kicked Price out".......i would also ask for privacy.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Using IR and lying about an injury would be a huge violation and would at the minimum carry some hefty fines.

A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minimum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.

So the medical team would have to commit fraud for this to work , I really doubt it. They would have just used personal days if he wasn't really injured and just wanted to be with his new kid. (as they did with Shaw "personal reasons")

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Using IR and lying about an injury would be a huge violation and would at the minimum carry some huge fines.

Yeah right.....sprained ankle, 2 days rest. Good to go after.
Try to prove this wrong. We never knew what the injury are....and still could be really injured, he's in the hospital after all

I don't think Hossa suddenly had an allergy to his helmet, do you?

Reactions: Ana Crusis

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yeah right.....sprained ankle, 2 days rest. Good to go after.
Try to prove this wrong. We never knew what the injury are....and still could be really injured, he's in the hospital after all

I don't think Hossa suddenly had an allergy to his helmet, do you?

Players can play with an injury and if it's worth their while they will do so. However when Hossa's salary dropped , it was much less worth his while. That doesn't mean he didn't have the iritation from this equipment but whether it was debilitating is another story. The rules simply state it has to be backed by the team's medical doctor. I doubt they would use the IR and claim a fake injury that needs to be supported by proof when they could simply use the personal time off and it would allow Carey to be with his wife. As I mentioned , Shaw recently took some personal time off , he wasn't injured and he wasn't playing while still getting paid. Not everything is a conspiracy theory just because it can be , anything can be...

Apr 28, 2010
Tell that to the stupid medias that announced Angela was pregnant 2 years ago before the couple had the chance to told their family and friends....As she said: " They robbed us from a very special moment".

That's horrible.

But this is what happens when you become famous. Medias want all the scoop. It sucks but It is what It is.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Players can play with an injury and if it's worth their while they will do so. However when Hossa's salary dropped , it was much less worth his while. That doesn't mean he didn't have the iritation from this equipment but whether it was debilitating is another story. The rules simply state it has to be backed by the team's medical doctor. I doubt they would use the IR and claim a fake injury that needs to be supported by proof when they could simply use the personal time off and it would allow Carey to be with his wife. As I mentioned , Shaw recently took some personal time off , he wasn't injured and he wasn't playing while still getting paid. Not everything is a conspiracy theory just because it can be , anything can be...

All you wrote is right....but Price isn't on IR either.
And there's the story for fans and reporter and what is said to the NHL, don't have to be the same thing.

You know some dumb ass fans and dumb ass reporters or whatever would not be smart enough to understand that a 10,5M guy is missing important games, no matter what is the reason (And as i said multiple time, could still be injured)

But again, perfect timing to get that news out before Julien meets the press this morning.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Does this really bother you at this point? It's not like knowing the truth will somehow change anything... He won't get back earlier or later based on what the organization releases as information...
Price's recovery is beyond everyone's control. However, the organization can control how they share information with their fans. We quite obviously want to hear what's going on with this key player; the org can decide we're owed an update, or they can ignore us. They can fulfill their own promise of being more transparent, or they can avoid, ignore, and deflect.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
All you wrote is right....but Price isn't on IR either.
And there's the story for fans and reporter and what is said to the NHL, don't have to be the same thing.

You know some dumb ass fans and dumb ass reporters or whatever would not be smart enough to understand that a 10,5M guy is missing important games, no matter what is the reason (And as i said multiple time, could still be injured)

But again, perfect timing to get that news out before Julien meets the press this morning.

Absolutely he is on IR:

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-place-g-price-on-ir-mcniven-recalled-1.1232040

I'm not saying the logic behind the conspiracy theory is ridiculous just that occam's razor applies here.
The simplest answer is often the correct one , no matter how much people like to dig ;).
I don't see how it's worth taking such a huge risk in terms of medical fraud and organizational reputation , just to appease some fans as if they are on the brink of burning down the city...This isn't Vancouver afterall...:sarcasm:

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Absolutely he is on IR:

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-place-g-price-on-ir-mcniven-recalled-1.1232040

I'm not saying the logic behind the conspiracy theory is ridiculous just that occam's razor applies here.
The simplest answer is often the correct one , no matter how much people like to dig ;).
I don't see how it's worth taking such a huge risk in terms of medical fraud and organizational reputation , just to appease some fans as if they are on the brink of burning down the city...This isn't Vancouver afterall...:sarcasm:

Got me there, only F and D can be hurt without being on IR, my bad.
Let's still wait to see what Julien and the organisation has to say about his injuries cause it all could be just coincidence.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
so he's been dealing with this injury for a few days...i'm going to guess this stems from when he tweaked something vs the Sens?

Reactions: Chili

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Price's recovery is beyond everyone's control. However, the organization can control how they share information with their fans. We quite obviously want to hear what's going on with this key player; the org can decide we're owed an update, or they can ignore us. They can fulfill their own promise of being more transparent, or they can avoid, ignore, and deflect.
As you said it happened yesterday apparently, can we wait a couple of days or something? The whole media is already overfilled with Price something... I don't blame the organization in such a crazy market, to be honest.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
As you said it happened yesterday apparently, can we wait a couple of days or something? The whole media is already overfilled with Price something... I don't blame the organization in such a crazy market, to be honest.
According to Julien...he's been dealing with whatever this is, for a few days.

So it didn't happen yesterday, other then maybe re-aggravating it.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
The most obvious injury to me was when he was tripped up by Tkachuk and they allowed the goal against him, that left knee didn't look right in that fall.

Reactions: peate

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The most obvious injury to me was when he was tripped up by Tkachuk and they allowed the goal against him, that left knee didn't look right in that fall.
It seems like every time this guy gets touched there's a mysterious injury following up the next 2-3 weeks later.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
According to Julien...he's been dealing with whatever this is, for a few days.

So it didn't happen yesterday, other then maybe re-aggravating it.
But he was on the ice yesterday so it was nothing special right? Time for speculation... :laugh:

Reactions: 417

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm not a fan of Bergevin at all, but I don't see why people expect the team to give detailed injury accounts to the public.

First of all, the information is then available to other teams.
Second, medicine can be complex, sometimes doctors, even great ones, need time to figure things out.
Third, one can argue that the medical information is private. The patient, doctor, and team deserve to know, but the public is not entitled to that information.
Most teams don't bother withholding details of a goalie's injury. There's very little other teams can do with that info, either physically or strategically, that would affect their game plan. As to the issue of medical privacy, I agree they would be bound by confidentiality if it was unusually sensitive or personal. But aside from the Zach Kassian situation, almost every injury has been the mundane sort.

So the Habs' public response to injured players mostly reflects their relationship with us. If they think their fans want to know (we do) and they've made a promise to share information more transparently (they have), then I think it's fair to expect them to honour their word and give us the basic courtesy of an update. It doesn't take a medical degree to say that Price had an issue with his knee/ankle/groin/foot. For me, it's really not about panic. It's simple courtesy.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
How difficult would it be to announce that Price felt something in his knee/ankle/groin/wherever? The situation grows larger and the speculation more intense when they say nothing.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How difficult would it be to announce that Price felt something in his knee/ankle/groin/wherever? The situation grows larger and the speculation more intense when they say nothing.
They told us he's injured! Relax...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad