Proposal: Carey Price at 9mil (1.5mil Retained) For 2019 1st + Prospect + Salary Cap dump Player(s)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Just for conversations sake, if they retained 1.5mil, and took Farmer as part of the trade, AND we have a handshake deal that Price would waive his NMC for the expansion draft if we chose to leave him unprotected, what would the trade look like?

Reactions: Morinisbear

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
If it were fove years price would be valuable but anticipating 35-38 at a higj cap hit is just asking for trouble. Its just too long of term

Reactions: mdm815

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have absolutely no urge to sink well over 10% of our cap into a position that is extremely one dimensional, rarely creates offense, and only matters when the other team has possession.

There is a happy medium between that and our current dumpster fire.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Declining goalie with insane contract, no thanks. It's Bergevin's curse, not ours. Hart is our future #1, if trade him away like we traded Bobrovsky, I'm gonna be f***ing pissed off! Also we have Sandstrom and Lyon as plan B and plan C.

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Carey Price is being paid 10.5MM for 7 more years and he's 30. lmao.

In what world would the Flyers even be remotely interested?

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
What if they make the trade and don't win a cup in the three year window it would theoretically create?
I'm fine with a shot at it and think this would push us a lot closer to that dream. I also think the money can be worked out. It may have to be a different big salary being moved but I trust that they can figure that out.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I'm going to add....we all have players that we love. He is one of mine. My view can be skewed a little, especially since the only person that seems to agree is a Montreal fan. Well, and my man Bernie up there. I think @onlylordsvsmorebp may be on the same page where we love our Goalies and just wish the Flyers could have an elite one NOW!

I also want to add, Carey isnt even my favorite. I argued to no end when he was labeled as the best Goalie in the world too early! He's no Quick, but he's definitely on the highest tier of Goalies (regardless of last season).

What I'm getting at is, every other Flyer fan is probably right and the Homer/Snider in me wants a damn Goalie. I probably would have went after Bryz too. Good thing I'm not a GM. :)

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Id rather just sign Semyon Varlamov next summer to a short term deal if we can swing it to bridge the gap to Hart/Sandstrom. With the Grubauer acquisition, its clear they are moving on from Semyon after the 18-19 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod and Alex K

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
50% gets you Price at 5.25 million, not realistic, i understand your fears, if i was a Philly fan i would take Price in a minute, but it's because i know the player so well, you guys don't know him.

Thanks for your level-headed approach to this CC. In a vacuum, Price to Philadelphia makes all the sense in the world. And being a Montreal-area native, I've watched Price on the Habs ever since he first took to the ice. As someone with a particular appreciation for the stars between the pipes, I am a huge fan of his play and his demeanor. I can't count the number of times I have tried to work in my head a scenario where Price becomes a Flyer and solidifies the goaltending situation with a capital S, but that contract kills it every time. On top of the dollars and term, the NMC is significant regarding a future entry draft.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Id rather just sign Semyon Varlamov next summer to a short term deal if we can swing to bridge the gap to Hart/Sandstrom. With the Grubauer acquisition, its clear they are moving on from Semyon after the 18-19 season.
2-years deal would be great!

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But would he stay?

Doubtful if he knows he will be platooning with Grubauer. Why not go be a #1 elsewhere? Not many teams will be looking for a #1 goalie next season so we may have a shot to sign him for 2-3 years.

Reactions: Alex K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad