Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MTL] Habs acquire Joel Edmundson's rights for MTL 5th '20

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If a team has decided that Joel Edmunson at 3x the pricetag in a flat cap world is better than you (talking about Mete and Kulak) then they wouldn't have the kind of value to bring back a scoring winger.
Alone no that’s for sure but either one packaged in a deal say with domi and a pick might . My mistake though I didn’t mean kulak and mete traded in the same deal .

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Not a very good hockey player. Big guy with no edge or meanness who can play on the 2nd PK and block shots from the 3rd pair.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have, Weber, Chiarot, Petry, Romanov coming, let’s not act like we were physically abused in the playoffs. The lack of quick transition and offensive talent is where we got outplayed.

False in terms of how we got "outplayed". We lost to the Flyers the same way the Knights are down 1-3 against the Stars. Lack of scoring playing against very good defensive teams with good goaltending. Habs lost cause our wingers were acting like centers and were pass happy cause their shot sucks!

If you think the Flyers outplayed us, I question you even watched the games. If you did, I question your hockey knowledge. Strong statement yes but it's one or other other.

Reactions: NewDef

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If a team has decided that Joel Edmunson at 3x the pricetag in a flat cap world is better than you (talking about Mete and Kulak) then they wouldn't have the kind of value to bring back a scoring winger.

Mete or Kulak could be adds to a 2nd on top of Domi. That's what they were talking about.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Scouting report on Eddy

W4bb1rFtC9kL3njz9

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Mete or Kulak could be adds to a 2nd on top of Domi. That's what they were talking about.
I understand.

Now let's imagine someone makes an offer for Tatar involving a worse F + a 2nd rd pick + a guy who they've just decided is their 8th best roster D.

Is the addition of that #8D doing anything for you?

Now personally, I'd rather play Mete and Kulak over Edmundson but people on the 1 hand can't say Edmundson (who is a replacement level player) is better than these guys AND that these guys add any value to any deal since a team could just say "No thanks we'll wait until you waive them and get them for free, or anybody else like them for free".

Reactions: Blueston

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I understand.

Now let's imagine someone makes an offer for Tatar involving a worse F + a 2nd rd pick + a guy who they've just decided is their 8th best roster D.

Is the addition of that #8D doing anything for you?

Now personally, I'd rather play Mete and Kulak over Edmundson but people on the 1 hand can't say Edmundson (who is a replacement level player) is better than these guys AND that these guys add any value to any deal since a team could just say "No thanks we'll wait until you waive them and get them for free, or anybody else like them for free".

I think Edmundson is the RD insurance for someone to play with Romanov on the last pairing... Juulsen is healthy but who knows if he can get back to his form before the injury. Fleury and Brook should play in Laval and our AHL needs the RD depth too.

This is a sum of all parts move. One of Kulak or Mete could be traded (in the Domi package) or sit watching games. That's on them to decide how much they want to bust their ass to grab a spot and stay consistent. My gut tells me this move is about ensuring we have someone to play with Romanov (if he plays bottom pairing). Edmundson is a LD that can play both sides? Someone said he played with Slavin on the RD side? I know Edmundson's style of game but don't know that much about him to be honest.

The other factor that could be at play is a GM is asking for Chiarot on top of Domi and signing Edmundson could be Chiarot replacement? Just speculation as a fan

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Gardiner was a close second worst mainly because of regular season having lost much of his speed. But still a bit better than Ed.
Gardiner the guy who started in the o-zone 66% of the time at 5v5 (compared to Eddy's 48%) but still scored 6 less points (4 less goals) than Edmundson at 5v5?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
False in terms of how we got "outplayed". We lost to the Flyers the same way the Knights are down 1-3 against the Stars. Lack of scoring playing against very good defensive teams with good goaltending. Habs lost cause our wingers were acting like centers and were pass happy cause their shot sucks!

If you think the Flyers outplayed us, I question you even watched the games. If you did, I question your hockey knowledge. Strong statement yes but it's one or other other.

We still got outplayed, we lost, we got outplayed in scoring. offensive talent is vaste. We lacked scoring and overall talent and skills. There’s alot of way to create offense and 2 things Montreal lacks is a scoring winger, puck rushing Dman. Edmundson is neither of these, we can argue Mete doesn’t create much offense but like i mentionned, we saw Mete joining the rush and jumping the puck in the Ozone MUCH more and he’s still 22 year old. (Edmundson was still in the AHL) To think Mete is a final product at 22 is pretty crazy. He’s much more of a need when you already have Chiarot and Weber. Like i said i don’t mind Edmundson on the team, i just hate that it pushes Mete out of the team or Romanov to the AHL and i feel like i will hate the term and money, but i will wait until everything settles down.

i could live with him joining if the lines look like this

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak

Fleury in the AHL
Juulsen on a conditional AHL stint and see how he does before making a move.

and Edmundson on a fairly cheap contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We still got outplayed, we lost, we got outplayed in scoring. offensive talent is vaste. We lacked scoring and overall talent and skills. There’s alot of way to create offense and 2 things Montreal lacks is a scoring winger, puck rushing Dman. Edmundson is neither of these, we can argue Mete doesn’t create much offense but like i mentionned, we saw Mete joining the rush and jumping the puck in the Ozone MUCH more and he’s still 22 year old. (Edmundson was still in the AHL) To think Mete is a final product at 22 is pretty crazy. He’s much more of a need when you already have Chiarot and Weber. Like i said i don’t mind Edmundson on the team, i just hate that it pushes Mete out of the team or Romanov to the AHL and i feel like i will hate the term and money, but i will wait until everything settles down.

i could live with him joining if the lines look like this

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Mete
Kulak

Fleury in the AHL
Juulsen on a conditional AHL stint and see how he does before making a move.

and Edmundson on a fairly cheap contract.

1) I think we lost cause our wingers have flaws and we lack shooters. But in terms of us being outplayed? I disagree. Maybe outplayed is the wrong word as to why they beat us. Those redirect goals off of our own players is not an indication of being outplayed.

2) Edmundson is just one thing on the list to go along with the back-up goalie and other needs... A goal scoring winger and PP QB. Some easier to accomplish more than others. Attacking any GM for depth moves like Edmundson is childish

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
1) I think we lost cause our wingers have flaws and we lack shooters. But in terms of us being outplayed? I disagree. Maybe outplayed is the wrong word as to why they beat us. Those redirect goals off of our own players is not an indication of being outplayed.

2) Edmundson is just one thing on the list to go along with the back-up goalie and other needs... A goal scoring winger and PP QB. Some easier to accomplish more than others. Attacking any GM for depth moves like Edmundson is childish
Sounds like you need a bit of Beaucage added to your roster :sarcasm:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Lol your turning what i’m saying around, my point and why i’m frustrated is THAT depth move has good chances of pushing either a young player i like outside of the team or an other player i would have liked on the roster in the AHL.

Call it whatever you want, outplayed/outscored, it’s an obvious flaw on the team and i can’t wait for Caufield to join this team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounds like you need a bit of Beaucage added to your roster :sarcasm:

A player before they turn pro? Sure, I'm interested. But he's years away from being an impact NHL'er. We have Poehling who had a higher value (before turning pro) vs Beaucage. What are the Avs asking for if you move him? Interested but not desperate for him. We are after more proven guys we can slip in the line-up now. Otherwise, we will just target those types in the next draft.

Just explaining where we stand and what our strategy is

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol your turning what i’m saying around, my point and why i’m frustrated is THAT depth move has good chances of pushing either a young player i like outside of the team or an other player i would have liked on the roster in the AHL.

Call it whatever you want, outplayed/outscored, it’s an obvious flaw on the team and i can’t wait for Caufield to join this team.

Semantics I guess.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
A player before they turn pro? Sure, I'm interested. But he's years away from being an impact NHL'er. We have Poehling who had a higher value (before turning pro) vs Beaucage. What are the Avs asking for if you move him? Interested but not desperate for him. We are after more proven guys we can slip in the line-up now. Otherwise, we will just target those types in the next draft.

Just explaining where we stand and what our strategy is
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. But since you asked, I think Beaucage would only be moved as an add-on in a bigger trade. There's no reason for us to move him so soon after drafting him, unless you want to do a prospect swap or something that fills a need for Colorado as well (not sure what prospect that would be).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. But since you asked, I think Beaucage would only be moved as an add-on in a bigger trade. There's no reason for us to move him so soon after drafting him, unless you want to do a prospect swap or something that fills a need for Colorado as well (not sure what prospect that would be).

Fair. Who's calling who first? :sarcasm: :laugh:

At this stage, trade talks between the Avs and Habs are cancer on HF boards. I'm sure you agree with that. Only guy we are really shopping is Domi and don't think the Avs are interested. Habs not interested in Zadorov so you know... nothing to develop there.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
All this talk about why we lost and no one has brought up that mb traded away all our depth at the dead line and we were playing ahlers on our team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A player before they turn pro? Sure, I'm interested. But he's years away from being an impact NHL'er. We have Poehling who had a higher value (before turning pro) vs Beaucage. is

not really interested in Beaucage, saw a little of him while watching Teasdale didn't like the skating but do like the shot.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
We have, Weber, Chiarot, Petry, Romanov coming, let’s not act like we were physically abused in the playoffs. The lack of quick transition and offensive talent is where we got outplayed.
Actually, we're quite clearly above average transition team. Perhaps even an elite transition team. It's what we do AFTER we've gained the offensive zone that needs improvement.

And the shambolic powerplay as well.

And the ability to defend better.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Theoretically speaking, would you take Virtanen for Mete and a second?

Or Mete and a 3rd for Gaudette?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad