Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MTL] Habs acquire Joel Edmundson's rights for MTL 5th '20

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Don't teams usually end up overpaying in these spots to try to persuade the player not to go to UFA? Hes a solid player - but the question is what does that next contract look like?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Great trade for the Habs. Now they get 3 weeks to get a deal done. And they’ve got cap room to overpay a but too.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
that's a head scratcher for me here, with Romanov, Chiarot, Mete, Kulak

then you have Weber, Petry, Mete, Chiarot, Juulsen, Fleury and now Edmundson that would all need protection. Will wait and see what the deal looks like and what they do with Kulak, Mete. i'm one of the few who realy likes Mete, then again i don't realy know Edmundson's games all that much as i saw him play just a couple of time and never realy scouted him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
that's a head scratcher for me here, with Romanov, Chiarot, Mete, Kulak

then you have Weber, Petry, Mete, Chiarot, Juulsen, Fleury and now Edmundson that would all need protection. Will wait and see what the deal looks like and what they do with Kulak, Mete. i'm one of the few who realy likes Mete, then again i don't realy know Edmundson's games all that much as i saw him play just a couple of time and never realy scouted him.
Indeed i don't understand this move again. Another crap d-man for this team.

Even tho Mete and Juulsen for me are donezo. Another filled d-man with no upside in the top 4.

Reactions: Morrison

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
Wonder what's the plan with the expansion draft coming up?

Assuming they sign Edmundson, will they be able to protect both Chiarot and Eddy?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Gonna be such an interesting offseason with the flat cap. Players are just being given away

Couldn't disagree more. Jake Allen and Kapanen both got way more than HF expected, even before a pandemic caused the flat cap.

This is just negotiating rights. The 5th rounder is a solid return for sitting at a bargaining table a few weeks early.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'd say he's a guy a lot of people think of as a #4 but fans of teams who have him always feel he falls short of that.

The teams too. The Blues healthy scratched him at times in their playoff run. Carolina was in the market for a similar type of player, just better by mid-season.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad