Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Tony DeAngelo signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1M)

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Risk free deal, they loaded up on Defenseman as usual so they’re making sure to have options

We’ll see if he appreciates this might be his last chance

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
"attack" lol it was absolutely nothing that doesn't happen regularly in the NHL or impugns his character. Do Subban and Plekanec look like the type of players to fight each other at practice?

Oh and

Rangers' Alex Georgiev addresses Tony DeAngelo tussle

There was plenty of reporting on it at the time if you want to read about it
Lol? You wrote that the goalie attacked him. If Gerogiev punched him for being chirped at after a bad game, then good for him. You need to be a complete piece of trash to chirp at your golie after a bad game.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
definitely a buy low move due to character concerns. carolina had that hole so the fit is right.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Lol? You wrote that the goalie attacked him. If Gerogiev punched him for being chirped at after a bad game, then good for him. You need to be a complete piece of trash to chirp at your golie after a bad game.
it's shitty and he got his just desserts, but why gossip and hand wring about two grown men having a fight a year after the fact?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Honestly, what is the point in rooting against a guy maturing and establishing his value?

It's like people don't want to see others learn lessons and achieve personal growth. Miserable way to live imho.
What has he done to show any maturing or personal growth?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
who cares? why do you feel like you're entitled to deciding how many hail mary's he has to say? it's the canes' front office and locker room's business. "personal growth" means it's personal, not up to you
I don't care. I'm just curious. I'm not the one claiming he's earned a second chance or shown any growth or maturity.

Reactions: thefutures

mj2sexay

Jul 2, 2009
What has he done to show any maturing or personal growth?

Obviously he showed the Canes something in that regard for them to extend themselves/extend an invitation within their franchise.

FWIW, its been thoroughly disproven that the stuff with K'Andre Miller ever happened. Marc Stahl and Gord Miller have both come out in TDA's defense in terms of how he's regarding. Granted, TDA should've read the room and not chirped at Giorgiev right after the guy allowed a game winning goal, but multiple sources have come out and said he was sucker punched.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

Meh, I'm a canes fan and I'm over this highlight. Pesce got dangled this season on a goty candidate and we love him just the same. Everyone gets beat sometimes. One of my favorite Bure goals is him torching Lidstrom. Ditto Lemieux (times 2) and May on Bourque. Its happened to the best and TDA aint the best.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
What are you blubbering about? You are saying that it's normal to chirp at your goalie after a bad game? That's moronic.
who are you lol? if you shit talk a teammate they are liable to hit you back. what more needs written on the topic? like i said, this isn't a disney movie. you've never set foot in a locker room, admit it

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What exactly has he done to earn a second chance?
Also his 2nd chance is long past.... with a number of GMs. He's probably working of his 6th or 7th or 8th chance... maybe more. Issues have to be pretty bad before the general public gets wind of them.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
You have it backwards, the goalie attacked him. And his teammates didn't sound like they wanted him gone right after going by what Zibanejad, Miller etc said, it was management.

But yeah, he was dropped by the team only for the team to later get dropped by Tom Wilson and proceed to sack their management and overpay for a bunch of pluggers because it turned out DeAngelo wasn't the reason the rest of them had no balls
Hi Anthony, how does it feel like getting yet another chance on another team? Good luck in Carolina.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
DeAngelo is a hot head and a moron but he's not wicked as many see him. He gets along with his teammates despite a heated incident or two. Marc Staal who was his defensive partner for 2 years said he's never gotten into arguments or in anyone's face in the locker room over politics despite what many outsiders think. He's a class clown that his teammates like but can cross the line at times.

He had politically motivated rumors and attacks made up about him accusing him of bullying a black teammate and he had lots of weird strictly political attacks against him as well. From what I can tell, he's still friends with his close Rangers teammates and he reached out to Quinn after Quinn was fired not long ago. K'andre Miller reached out to him when those unsavory rumors were circulating. Trouba and Zibanejad didn't throw him under the bus in interviews the same day Gorton said DeAngelo had played his final game as a Ranger.

He'll be a popular teammate in Carolina. Fast and Skjei were his teammates and surely they were consulted about DeAngelo's personality and fit. I believe things reached a boiling point between DeAngelo and Quinn in NY which led to Gorton stepping in and compensating for his inexperience and mild mannered coach. That compensation turned into over compensation when Gorton decided to just cut DeAngelo the first chance he could rather than letting things cool off and rectifying a salvageable situation.

Posters get caught up in the stories and lore of this caricature "right wing nut" but maturity and temper issues aside, he's just a regular guy.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Hes about to tear it up this year. Huge chip on his shoulders. Wouldnt be surprised if he puts up huge numbers against NYR as well.

Lots of people are about to be mad at his success. Haters gonna hate.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Hes about to tear it up this year. Huge chip on his shoulders. Wouldnt be surprised if he puts up huge numbers against NYR as well.

Lots of people are about to be mad at his success. Haters gonna hate.
lotta people who don't understand sports really wish they could take him to HR. this little hero and villain story people want to play out in this thread about georgiev shows how many people have no conception of reality outside of the corporate world, let alone the reality of a pro locker room

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad