Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Tony DeAngelo signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1M)

mj2sexay

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, not sure why everyone ganged up on you. It's a valid question if asked in good faith.

Ex-Rangers player Tony DeAngelo bares soul in interview

I think everything TDA said in that article is wholly reasonable, and I give Stahl a lot of credit for speaking on the record to stick up for the kid.

I feel bad for K'Andre for being dragged into this, and whoever the blogger was that made that shit up (and I think we can all guess as to what his motivation was) should bury his head in shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Hopefully Tony keeps the attitude down to acceptable levels and plays the way he can for the Hurricanes. He's a great hockey player, so I'm hoping he takes this chance and runs with it.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Of course he did stuff wrong but he was made a scapegoat for an impotent team. Not unlike Kadri in Toronto. They proceeded to flounder more without him.

what? If the team tells you flat out "grow up and act like a professional" or you're gone, and then you continue to do the same dumb shit... You're not really a scapegoat at that point, you're just a dumbass who doesn't learn.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
good player, despite what a bunch of sensitive hf boarders think. its almost like your opinion means nothing
Yes. The best thing about ADA are his stretch passes, and when he’s on the point, the puck flies off his stick as soon as he gets it. Very decisive player. He knows where he’s going to pass or shoot before the puck even gets to him. He’ll stand up for team mates and he’s good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Dundon told him to get back to trolling. He absolutely loves stirring shit for publicity and uses it to create an "us vs them" atmosphere. It's all Carolina was doing their inaugural year with the jerks, over the top postgame celebrations, etc. The "we're not drafting defensemen in the first round" and "ads all over the jerseys" are more of those grenades he tossed out to get hockey fans worked up. And DeAngelo is the perfect bait for twitter outrage.
Or Maybe Dundon just doesn't run a team well.

Reactions: dukeofjive

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You just don't verbally attack your goalie after a bad game. If you do it, you are a complete piece of shit and deserve to be kicked out of team.

Of all the things he was in trouble with the Rangers for, the incident with Georgiev was the least egregious.

He came into camp already on 99% thin for his COVID denial Twitter BS on the same day NY announced its deadliest day of the pandemic.

He then complained about being benched and then it was only a matter of time before the Ramgers looked for a way to move on from him.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
deangelo.png

Via Tweetgen

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I hate everything about him personally but this is the best signing of the day. Absolute steal for a guy who very well could put up 60+ pta from the backend. If he's a disaster you cut his ass and lose next to nothing. Great deal.

Reactions: Thehair17

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why the bottle of glue avatar beside this thread?

Reminder the author picked the wrong day to stop sniffing the stuff? I’m vexed.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why the bottle of glue avatar beside this thread?

Reminder the author picked the wrong day to stop sniffing the stuff? I’m vexed.
It's a baby bottle. It's there when the top post is repeated on every page. Generally in threads with warnings because some people can't help from jumping onto a soapbox.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Of all the things he was in trouble with the Rangers for, the incident with Georgiev was the least egregious.

He came into camp already on 99% thin for his COVID denial Twitter BS on the same day NY announced its deadliest day of the pandemic.

He then complained about being benched and then it was only a matter of time before the Ramgers looked for a way to move on from him.
i don't want my team to decide their roster based on social media. if he has a good season, nyr will have major egg on their face

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
You have it backwards, the goalie attacked him. And his teammates didn't sound like they wanted him gone right after going by what Zibanejad, Miller etc said, it was management.

But yeah, he was dropped by the team only for the team to later get dropped by Tom Wilson and proceed to sack their management and overpay for a bunch of pluggers because it turned out DeAngelo wasn't the reason the rest of them had no balls

Hello Tony. We´re on to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad