Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Tony DeAngelo signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1M)

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Guess he finally caved. (tweet was deleted quickly)

Screenshot-20210728-100354-Twitter.jpg
Yeah, he learned his lesson…smh

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Make sure the goalies are taught how to fight a la Dean Youngblood

"You can learn to punch in the barn... but you gotta learn to survive in the dressing room"

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah I took the screenshot myself. He deleted it after a minute.

Yeah, I remember that same account praising Bergevin for the Mailloux pick and then deleting it. If that's really his burner - which there's been major indications that it is - I'm simulatenously flabbergasted and not surprised that he's still deranged.

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Ya I’m sure it wasn’t him fighting his teammate, damned media conspiracy.

You'll be very surprised to learn that NHLers fight their teammates regularly and its almost never a big deal. Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux beat the shit out of each other before going on to win the cup.

DeAngelo got scapegoated for being the only Ranger with the balls and now New York spent their entire offseason proving him right lol

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Canes probably have him on a one strike rule.

One time, and you are gone.

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Lol, his new burner retweeted his old burner.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dundon told him to get back to trolling. He absolutely loves stirring shit for publicity and uses it to create an "us vs them" atmosphere. It's all Carolina was doing their inaugural year with the jerks, over the top postgame celebrations, etc. The "we're not drafting defensemen in the first round" and "ads all over the jerseys" are more of those grenades he tossed out to get hockey fans worked up. And DeAngelo is the perfect bait for twitter outrage.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
Could this be the blow that cleans his act up? His on ice play is is worth way more.. he's gotta realize his jack-assedness is costing him a lot of money.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
You'll be very surprised to learn that NHLers fight their teammates regularly and its almost never a big deal. Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux beat the shit out of each other before going on to win the cup.

DeAngelo got scapegoated for being the only Ranger with the balls and now New York spent their entire offseason proving him right lol

You’re just rewriting reality to fit your script now- Bortuzzo and Sanford fought like 3 years ago and neither were cut, so what’s your point? Are you saying PC and media have gotten that much worse in that short a timeframe? Or did DeAngelo just cross a line by attacking his goalie after the game in a way absolutely none of his teammates were cool with? If you wanna blame media pressure for his then not being signed go for it, but I’d say no one wanted to bother with such a loose cannon in a shortened season. Once again, he tried fighting the goalie- who the f*** does that?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Guy simply will never learn to shut his mouth

You'd think the fact that it has cost him millions of dollars would teach him

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
You’re just rewriting reality to fit your script now- Bortuzzo and Sanford fought like 3 years ago and neither were cut, so what’s your point? Are you saying PC and media have gotten that much worse in that short a timeframe? Or did DeAngelo just cross a line by attacking his goalie after the game in a way absolutely none of his teammates were cool with? If you wanna blame media pressure for his then not being signed go for it, but I’d say no one wanted to bother with such a loose cannon in a shortened season. Once again, he tried fighting the goalie- who the f*** does that?

You have it backwards, the goalie attacked him. And his teammates didn't sound like they wanted him gone right after going by what Zibanejad, Miller etc said, it was management.

But yeah, he was dropped by the team only for the team to later get dropped by Tom Wilson and proceed to sack their management and overpay for a bunch of pluggers because it turned out DeAngelo wasn't the reason the rest of them had no balls

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
You have it backwards, the goalie attacked him.

But yeah, he was dropped by the team only for the team to later get dropped by Tom Wilson and proceed to sack their management and overpay for a bunch of pluggers because it turned out DeAngelo wasn't the reason the rest of them had no balls

A) Source?
B) There is absolutely no evidence that these concerns are related. What, you think friggin Tony D is gonna stop Wilson there? Completely theoretical, and you’ve used that to justify another action completely unrelated- fighting your own goalie ain’t fighting Tom Wilson lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad