Post-Game Talk: Caps stumble but then bully their way to a 5-4 OTW over the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I watched a lot of Devils hockey when Boyler was playing up there; got to see 1st hand a bunch of games (was working in the city)... Hall is surrounded NOW by a bunch of decent players... and a coach that I like but don't love, like I love Q

Get Hall. He's not going to re-sign with Devs (in my op because the Devs are not playoff bound this year and no where near SCF bound).

But who would get traded?

Hoffman +

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I wouldn't even care about Hoffman being one dimensional but right now he's literally killing offensive momentum for this team. It's extremely frustrating to watch him play this season.

I think they should take him off the top PP unit.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He's certainly not helping. If he's going to play like a mediocre goalie (and I'm being generous), it would have been nice to save 8M of his salary to shore up the defense or scoring since we need to pot in 4-5 goals a game to win when he's in net.
This team is brain dead defensively. We let Hagelin go in all alone. He robbed Ovechkin on a one timer up close and then robbed him again 2 inches away from the net. He saved every single one. Bob faces super high quality chances all the time and we wonder why he gets shelled.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So cause I blamed goalies last year and this year for the first time a goalie hurt me? I didn’t blame goalies two years ago. Or before that. Why all the sudden? Maybe cause they haven’t pulled their weight
Our defense has been horrible and they are a huge reason why Bob hasn’t pulled his weight.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Hoffman +
My questions:

1. What is the deal with Hoffy's wife? I don't dig into the drama-llama stuff (and despite what some may think & despite that I do, in fact, follow Lauren Boyle's IG account, I NEVER state anything that's not already public and very rarely with that either) so with Hoffy's wife, I do not know... did the stuff with EK become public? How much of that has been apologized for, remediated, etc?

Because, to me, if #1 isn't taken care of... what team wants that to be part of their locker-room? Granted, I have never been in the locker-room and have no desire to do so but, as a leader in my own world, if I know of a cancer that can possibly spread, I don't hire it.

2. Who/what else do the Cats have to offer? Picks? Jersey has them, not quite like OTT does but I think they are well positioned (again) for the 2020 draft

Truly trying to understand... if this were the Bolts I could digress into a bunny hole discussing but I'm new to the Cats

3. Athanasiou seems like a solid player but I don't see the Yzerwizard giving him as he tries to build that team; right now his +/- is terrible but he's also playing on a semipro team (don't hate, it's true :laugh:)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
This team is brain dead defensively. We let Hagelin go in all alone. He robbed Ovechkin on a one timer up close and then robbed him again 2 inches away from the net. He saved every single one. Bob faces super high quality chances all the time and we wonder why he gets shelled.
Ovie hit the side of the net, Bob didn't save that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I wouldn't even care about Hoffman being one dimensional but right now he's literally killing offensive momentum for this team. It's extremely frustrating to watch him play this season.

I think they should take him off the top PP unit.

If he even was one dimensional. He's a black hole atm

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
My point still stands. This team is a bottom 3 team defensively. We have like 2 players that understand how to defend the crease,
If all these chances that you claim are happening they would show up somewhere in expected goals or high danger chances against. They aren’t there. Period. Every deflection thru traffic isn’t on the defense. Every rebound isn’t on defense. Bob losing track of puck and being out of
Position isn’t on defense. It’s chaotic sometimes. Game after game the opposition goalie finds ways to make more of these saves than bob cause they are happening both ways. Every metric says we create more than we give so why is it our d is so bad or bottom 3? You have nothing to back up your bogus claims. If u think .870 is good enough reguardless of our d then you clearly have a narrative.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If all these chances that you claim are happening they would show up somewhere in expected goals or high danger chances against. They aren’t there. Period. Every deflection thru traffic isn’t on the defense. Every rebound isn’t on defense. Bob losing track of puck and being out of
Position isn’t on defense. It’s chaotic sometimes. Game after game the opposition goalie finds ways to make more of these saves than bob cause they are happening both ways. Every metric says we create more than we give so why is it our d is so bad or bottom 3? You have nothing to back up your bogus claims. If u think .870 is good enough reguardless of our d then you clearly have a narrative.
You've had a narrative every year where you think all our players are perfect, but our goalies aren't. Ill trust my intuition.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Ya if 3 different goalies give you the same stat line to me that is a correlation of bad defense not bad goaltending.

As a team and I blame the forwards a lot, we just seem to not be smart enough, physical enough or positioned well enough in our own end. A lot of little errors throughout the game turn into goals against. They let the opposition d men sit alone at the blue line free to take shots which are easily deflected or rebounds put back because we can’t box out guys in front of our own net.

I’m surprised the team is playing a very loose fast transition style of hockey which we also played under bougner with little result. The panthers are not skilled nor smart enough to beat teams like Washington in this fashion. I preferred gallants teams that would trap the f*** out of the neutral zone to slow the other team down.

We concede a ton of chances off the rush as we are either lazy or unaware in transition.

The entire team needs to commit to playing better man on man defense every single shift.

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ya if 3 different goalies give you the same stat line to me that is a correlation of bad defense not bad goaltending.

As a team and I blame the forwards a lot, we just seem to not be smart enough, physical enough or positioned well enough in our own end. A lot of little errors throughout the game turn into goals against. They let the opposition d men sit alone at the blue line free to take shots which are easily deflected or rebounds put back because we can’t box out guys in front of our own net.

I’m surprised the team is playing a very loose fast transition style of hockey which we also played under bougner with little result. The panthers are not skilled nor smart enough to beat teams like Washington in this fashion. I preferred gallants teams that would trap the **** out of the neutral zone to slow the other team down.

We concede a ton of chances off the rush as we are either lazy or unaware in transition.

The entire team needs to commit to playing better man on man defense every single shift.

It's a learning curve, we're just 15 games into the season under Q. I don't have any problem with the way they played, they'll get better as the season progresses.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

I’m surprised the team is playing a very loose fast transition style of hockey which we also played under bougner with little result. The panthers are not skilled nor smart enough to beat teams like Washington in this fashion. I preferred gallants teams that would trap the **** out of the neutral zone to slow the other team down.

Again these tons of chances are a complete fabrication. The numbers don’t say that at all. We consistently create more than our opposition. Period

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad