Post-Game Talk: Caps stumble but then bully their way to a 5-4 OTW over the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Ya'll bitchin' and moaning back n forth and here I am just enjoying the fact we have a 3x Stanley Cup winning coach, 2x Vezina winning goalie, and are top 5 in the conference in what are historically bad months for this franchise.

This is a playoff team and if you can't see that, then you're a b*tch

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
It's a learning curve, we're just 15 games into the season under Q. I don't have any problem with the way they played, they'll get better as the season progresses.

There’s a lot to like. I think we are a playoff team. At the very least we are showing up to work every night.

I just think we have had a really unlucky schedule, not only road heavy but running into teams consistently on an upswing or winning streak.

Reactions: Boothinator

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ya'll *****in' and moaning back n forth and here I am just enjoying the fact we have a 3x Stanley Cup winning coach, 2x Vezina winning goalie, and are top 5 in the conference in what are historically bad months for this franchise.

This is a playoff team and if you can't see that, then you're a b*tch

They're a playoff team but I'm tired of being happy about taking loser points in games the Panthers led 3-1.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
My questions:

1. What is the deal with Hoffy's wife? I don't dig into the drama-llama stuff (and despite what some may think & despite that I do, in fact, follow Lauren Boyle's IG account, I NEVER state anything that's not already public and very rarely with that either) so with Hoffy's wife, I do not know... did the stuff with EK become public? How much of that has been apologized for, remediated, etc?
Okay. I apologize for chastising whoever criticized these posts before.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
still good to get a point against a team like them but yet again another 4+ goal game against. granted 2 of them were extremely lucky, but still. its getting old. at least we're hanging in there.

Reactions: Boothinator

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Proud of the cats. They're gonna be even better by the end of the season when they get into the playoffs. Guarantee Caps do not want to meet them in round 1. Those guys barely won a game they should have wrapped up in regulation, but they couldn't. Cuz we're good.

Reactions: pantherbot

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He's certainly not helping. If he's going to play like a mediocre goalie (and I'm being generous), it would have been nice to save 8M of his salary to shore up the defense or scoring since we need to pot in 4-5 goals a game to win when he's in net.
Do you literally not watch the game or at least highlights and just check the score to make such conclusions ?
Panthers players scoring on Bob not helping him much either

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I don’t think the d men are as bad as you guys make it out. A lot of this is a team defense thing, especially the forwards and committing bad plays at both blue lines. Upgrade Brown, easy enough to do, and we have a solid d core that is good enough to not consistently be giving up 3.5 goals a game.

One good d-man would help but isn’t going to make a big enough difference imo. Gotta let Q and kitchens fix this.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm down on how Hoff is playing right now -- it hurts -- but I'm not going to scapegoat him for everything. There are a lot more problems on the ice than just Hoffman sloughing it in 5vs5.
Yes. But he doesnt help. He hurts the possession game 100%.

I'll say it this way, who is to say we dont allow as many goals had we had a player who plays 5v5 better than Hoff? Hard to say, but I'll say that too many times he has killed possession and it led to Dzone draws. Who knows, maybe we score more if the second line had a better winger?

His 5v5 game sucks. His wild passes are awful. He doesnt help along the boards. Its annoying.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Are yall seriously f***ing moaning about getting a point against the Caps when two of our centers are out?

Jesus christ you all need to calm the hell down. This is a playoff team and once our schedule becomes normal and we face Ottawa 5 times our record will follow suit.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The goal was to just get to the 14 out of 16 home game part of the schedule not too far out of it. They'll either be in a playoff spot or 9th when they get to that spot, so it's tough to be that upset. Team could really use Tro back in the lineup over the weekend.

Also as of this post Florida has a better record than 12 of the 16 teams they'll be facing. It's going to even out.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Tough to throw away a point but good to keep pace in this conference. Habs and Canes have it easier coming up but soon Florida catches a break.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Felt like an ALWGAP game as soon as the Cats made it 4-3. You just get that feeling sometimes and it doesn’t go away

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Hoff is just good at shooting other players' balls off because he himself doesn't have any to battle in the corners or in the front of the net...

Yesterday his aim was off, he should have hit Tom Wilson in the 'nads. If you can't score, at least hurt someone. No nutcracker - no playing time!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Any news when Trocheck's retirement ceremony will be held?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
They're a playoff team but I'm tired of being happy about taking loser points in games the Panthers led 3-1.

4 leads in this game and we lost. Sure we played well and showed up against a good team, but I think we’re a good team too and we should’ve won that game. 1/5 on the PP too.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Let's face it

I've been one of the biggest Bob supporters but it's time he starts to steal us some games

Tell me which goal last night he had a legit chance on. Maybe the first Ovi goal? The other 3 in regulation were ridiculous bounces or tip -ins and the OT goal is a 2 on 1. C’mon. I don’t understand putting games like these on Bob. Fact of the matter is we had 4 leads and went 1/5 on the PP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad