Post-Game Talk: Caps stumble but then bully their way to a 5-4 OTW over the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What is the sonk movement? Did I miss anything?

They explained it when they had Yandle as a guest.

That thing he does behind the net where he takes the slapshot dump out/ pass, the first time he ever did it he yelled SOOONNNNK when the opposing player fell for it.

So the official name for that move is Sonk

Reactions: Boothinator

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Also just throwing it out there but I really think we've got a good shot at winning tommorrow. Remember that like 13 game win streak a couple years ago? That was followed by a couple losses in a row once the pressure of the streak came down. Islanders JUST ended their streak so here's to hoping they suffer the same fate we did!

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
2018-2019 SV% through 14 games; .890 that's **** and Reimer and Luongo are thrash!
2019-2020 SV% through 14 games; .876 Bob is amazing and it's everyone else's fault!
Absolute ****.

We, especially our D, must really suck so bad this year, way more than last year when everybody already said how bad they were. Maybe the worst defensive performance of all time? I mean our goalie has been amazing right and he has a SV% of .876, and it is all on the D.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Caps 1rst goal - Weird ass re-direction
Caps 2nd goal - Wide open net - over play the pass PP goal
Caps 3rd goal - Weegar re-directs the puck past Bob
Caps 4th goal - One ****ing lucky bounce again just under the bar too
Caps 5th goal - Bob and dman overplay passer

Pretty much Bob had no chance on 3rd and 4th goal.
2nd and 5th goal overplaying the pass by Bob and defensive player

Look at every goalie with bad SV% in the league, do you think they only let in softies? Far from it, you can find plenty of excuses for most of the goals they let in as well. The thing is a very good goalie will save some of those where nobody could blame him for letting them in.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Also just throwing it out there but I really think we've got a good shot at winning tommorrow. Remember that like 13 game win streak a couple years ago? That was followed by a couple losses in a row once the pressure of the streak came down. Islanders JUST ended their streak so here's to hoping they suffer the same fate we did!

Yeah, I think it's a common thing.

I like when a team is "due" for a loss though :) so I wish they were still on their winning streak when facing us.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
We played a good game against the best team in the league. I don't think we're too far off from beating them.

Don't think Weegs had a good game, or Hunt, or Scve. Which is fine, you're not going to play your best hockey every single game.

Thought Bob played good. I'd say he let one soft in, the rest were not much of a chance for him. I had him making two saves this game that would not have been made last year.

Also really liked with about 20 seconds left Washington was rushing up the ice on a 5 on 4 and Hoff broke it up in the neutral zone forcing the puck carrier towards the sideboard by The Penalty Box, then stealing the puck.. Not sure many fans saw that as they would have been busy complaining.

We really got to get our 3 on 3 overtime and shootouts fixed before they come to be an issue in playoffs :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->