Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We lost to a drunk goalie and now Cakes gets to joan on us another day plus he definitely got cised for 43 and won't be unbiased at all. Crap, whatevs.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Touché - but there's always people that fall outside the boundaries. lol

People in the GDT were also clamoring for us to go after their skill players to injure them. I would think many of us who want the grit and toughness aren't wanting that (I know for certain I don't)

But I do want us to assert a physical game right out of the gate - and not wait for it to be fed to us.
I think we want the same thing. I just think that want is a bit more of a luxury than a need. I also think it would be a poor move to try to go out and acquire the toughness via trade or FA. We would be better served scouting these players and drafting talented guys with and edge or by changing the locker-room culture. Kakko and Laf were supposed to have some edge to their game, they have the frames as teenagers. I wouldnt be surprised if its being coached out of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unpredictable1

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Caps Fans saying Buch was kicking VV, anyone see any clips of that actually happening or is it all space dust?
Did no different then many scrums in front of the net. he didn't pitchfork the goalie or kick him. Show me the video.
What i do see is a coward wrapping his stick tight around someones neck and punching him in back of the head.

Reactions: Cmox

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
DOPS will do nothing. Had Wilson broken either Buch's or Artemi's neck, a la Bertuzzi on Moore, then, maybe, there would be discipline. As much as many would like to see Wilson out of the game, it's not worth the price required; another player with a broken neck. That's on the NHLPA, not the DOPS.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Even Keith Olberman is going ham on Wilson and Caps Twitter lol.
upload_2021-5-3_22-33-54.jpeg

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
The suspensions havent been a deterrent for him. Hate to say it but you go out and hurt someone next game.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I think we want the same thing. I just think that want is a bit more of a luxury than a need. I also think it would be a poor move to try to go out and acquire the toughness via trade or FA. We would be better served scouting these players and drafting talented guys with and edge or by changing the locker-room culture. Kakko and Laf were supposed to have some edge to there game, they have the frames as teenagers. I wouldnt be surprised if its being coached out of them.

I think they'll still keep it, but we need a couple more guys who can take the next step in the rough-housing. (which we don't want Laf and Kakko getting too involved in)

I think we'd need to go the trade or FA route because we don't have the time to hope and see if a couple kids develop it...and would want it now for our prized youngsters (the lafs, kaks, foxes type-kids)

But those couple of guys I'm talking about wouldn't be kids, we need just a couple who been around the block a bit.

Cheers man

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Someone on the main board posted a tweet with slow-mo vid of Wilson on Panarin. He grabs panarin by the hair and slams his head onto the ice. It's even worse than anything they showed on the broadcast.

The league already went against the standard definition of the rules to suspend wilson citing dangerous behavior in general. They have shown willingness to suspend Wilson if there's recklessness.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Someone on the main board posted a tweet with slow-mo vid of Wilson on Panarin. He grabs panarin by the hair and slams his head onto the ice. It's even worse than anything they showed on the broadcast.
Uncle Larry tweeted it. The impact is frightening. He was slammed hard. So Wilson tries to kill 2 players. Let’s see what the NHL does ...

Reactions: CLW and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad