Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Caps Fans saying Buch was kicking VV, anyone see any clips of that actually happening or is it all space dust?

Skates were there trying to push the puck over the line, like 100% of goal mouth scrambles. (that was when Buch was still on his feet)

Reactions: bl02

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Devs fan coming in to say f*** Wilson, the caps, their fans, and their social media manager. Scummiest team in the league. The Bruins exist, and Marchand is a shitbag, but Wilson, Hathaway (he’s spit on players before), Dillon, OV (he’s dirty, especially early on with he’s high hits and kneeing) Chara all are dirty as hell. And OV has defended Wilson’s unhinged dirty plays.

Any updates on Panarin and Buchnevich?

Wilson legit could’ve ended two careers tonight. The league can’t just let that slide. I expect very little though.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Tom Wilson must not be allowed to leave Manhattan. Only the most elite strike-force duo can achieve this task.
flJpOSU.jpg
That guy looks like Tanner Glass. !

Reactions: Captain Lindy

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That deleted tweet from a team's official Twitter account is unprofessional at best and is inciting violence and condoning assault at it's worst.

I'm still flabbergasted minutes later that this was on an official Twitter account. Throw the book at Wilson and make him reapply for reinstatement to start next season. Is the league waiting for him to murder someone on the ice before they toss him?

JFC, f*** that shit sipper and those that condone and celebrate his style of play.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It's amazing I watch KAM and see insane potential. Other's complain that he's not perfect at 21. He's not a finished product. Sky is the limit for the kid.

He needs coaching and vet help

Miller needs to be sheltered a bit. He looked his best in the early games when the Rangers played much more compact and defensive hockey and didn't expose themselves to rushes. When the game is stretched Miller sometimes struggles. He has things he needs to iron out in his game and shouldn't be rushed like he kind of has been this season.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
That deleted tweet from a team's official Twitter account is unprofessional at best and is inciting violence and condoning assault at it's worst.

I'm still flabbergasted minutes later that this was on an official Twitter account. Throw the book at Wilson and make him reapply for reinstatement to start next season. Is the league waiting for him to murder someone on the ice before they toss him?

JFC, f*** that shit sipper and those that condone and celebrate his style of play.

you just know their fans would lose their shit if someone on your team did that to Ovechkin or anyone of their stars

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Devs fan coming in to say f*** Wilson, the caps, their fans, and their social media manager. Scummiest team in the league. The Bruins exist, and Marchand is a shitbag, but Wilson, Hathaway (he’s spit on players before), Dillon, OV (he’s dirty, especially early on with he’s high hits and kneeing) Chara all are dirty as hell. And OV has defended Wilson’s unhinged dirty plays.

Wilson legit could’ve ended two careers tonight. The league can’t just let that slide. I expect very little though.

pens fan echoing the statement... when he snaps someone’s neck they should grind his name off the cup

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I dont think there is a single rangers fan who wouldnt want Ovechkin, Wilson, or Marchand on this team. A star who is also not afraid to get physical and get dirty.

These players are unbelievably rare. Those who are advocating for toughness have to realize that a massive overpayment is required for one of these players or they are okay with talentless goons being on this roster. Usually they argue that they dont want talentless goons, but tonight I guess Hollweg is in vogue, thus dropping the false talent pretense.

I dont want to overpay for toffness, nor do I want to employ goons. I want my team to ice a competitive hockey team. If there is an element of grit with that talent, I would be more than happy with it. It is without a doubt a secondary component to icing a good or great team, though. Tampa did not win a cup with Hollwegs, despite this insane revisionist history thats being attempted.

Ovechkin and Marchand yes. I would never want the team with a guy that tries to hurt people. Much less Tom Wilson who is a decent player otherwise but nothing that my team NEEDS. Anyone that wants a guy that tries to end players' careers needs to reevaluate what they are as a person.

Last edited:

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
pens fan echoing the statement... when he snaps someone’s neck they should grind his name off the cup

this legit could’ve turned out worse than what Bertuzzi did to Moore even if the worst out come happened to just one player, not the two he tried to intentionally injure.

I’ve seen people on Reddit compare Wilson to Torres. Torres threw very predatory hits that targeted the heads of unsuspecting players, but he never did that and what Wilson does on top of it.... like sucker punching a player face down on the ice with a stick in his throat as the punch is coming down, or grab a player by the hair and attempt smash their face into the ice then taunt the opposing team who’s two players he just assaulted over said assaults.

I’m just happy Wilson isn’t Marchand levels good because he would get the same protection Marchand does for dirty shit

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I despise Wilson as much as anyone, and I do think adding good players with a more physical edge to their game would be a benefit to the team, but are we seriously, unironically advocating the return of goons? Who don't "deter" anything and are functionally useless as actual hockey players (and that was before the game became as fast as it is now!)?

This is how you end up drafting McIlrath over Tarasenko and Fowler.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
The upside to this incident is that JD must be irked that there are not enough "o"s in soooooft to describe his team. It's one big reason this season is over. It needs to be addressed or maybe making the playoffs will be this squad's apex next season.

Backstreets Back

Jul 1, 2019
I despise Wilson as much as anyone, and I do think adding good players with a more physical edge to their game would be a benefit to the team, but are we seriously, unironically advocating the return of goons? Who don't "deter" anything and are functionally useless as actual hockey players (and that was before the game became as fast as it is now!)?

This is how you end up drafting McIlrath over Tarasenko and Fowler.
I agree but it could never hurt to have 1 guy like this as a 14th forward to dress 5-10 games a year for crap like this.

The problem is that this team goes after a guy like Glass to "deter" these things from happening. And he ends up playing 70 games a year, being useless, and losing or holding onto the other guy for dear life in any scrap he got into.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Quinn said Panarin is "ok" and Buch played the rest of the game. Still lucky that Wilson didnt actually end both their careers.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I’m all for keeping fighting in hockey; in fact vehemently against efforts to remove it, but saying we have to get some goons to go toe to toe with Wilson is just crazy.

I know Wilson has a history of this shit but I’m not intimately familiar with every one of his incidents, but this should be a rest of season banishment and a lifetime exile if it happens again for him.

The league has to fix this problem, not the Rangers. It detracts from the game that teams would have to employ 2-3 enforcers who aren’t talented enough to do anything except protect your stars. It’s stupid and bad for the skill level of the game and thus the game overall. And again, I say this while also saying pure hockey “fights,” ie a consensual dropping of the gloves to give your team an energy jolt should be enshrined in the North American hockey Constitution.

Wilson f***ing attacked a guy and head punched him while he was down, then tried to slam another guy face first down into the ice. That’s not dropping the gloves, it’s acting like an out of control animal.

Again, this is a problem the league needs to fix, not the Rangers by going out and getting a Joey Kocur.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Another moment that pissed me off was later in the game that was already lost after Shesty makes and save and holds for the whistle, Hathaway gets essentially on top of him and stays there. No one comes near...I believe at least Jones was in the vicinity. (but I'll give him a pass for now)

Top to bottom the Caps team know they can all chase us around the rink, part 2 coming up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad