Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm morbidly curious as to what people actually want here.

Somebody picks Wilson up and breaks his neck? I'd enjoy it but when has any of this ever happened?

Colton Orr is full of shit. I f***ing WATCHED him do nothing on multiple occasions. His only role was fighting the other team's Colton Orr. He did nothing to stop good players who are assholes because we wouldn't dare put him on the ice with good players.

People are just mad we lose and as always, toughness is the security blanket.
Just an elbow to the face, maybe a good boarding. Make it hurt, fighting won't do shit. We needed a sneaky dirty play against him, Messier style.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Gauthier can play anyway he wants, it’s a free world. But there is no room for him on my roster if he doesn’t stand up in situations like this. What has DQs message to Gauthier been? He hasn’t been given the message.

It’s just one of a myriad of areas this team is mismanaged. Unprepared. What happens when things get out of hand? How does we as a team react? When you are not prepared you stand there with your pants down.

Quinn is what he is. He wants to do well, but don’t know how and has many characteristics his players won’t like one bit. But the big issue to me is, Gorton is responsible for this team and has followed this for almost two years now. How can he let this go on?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Him mentioning Colton Orr is basically him “talking about” the players not doing anything on the ice. We all saw what didnt happen.

And what players do you want him to suggest? He isnt the GM. He is a broadcast analyst working for MSG.

Him referencing Colton Orr repeatedly as if he was Bob Probert and reading texts on air from Orr saying "Wilson would never do that if I were there!" is beyond dumb.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm morbidly curious as to what people actually want here.

Somebody picks Wilson up and breaks his neck? I'd enjoy it but when has any of this ever happened?

Colton Orr is full of shit. I f***ing WATCHED him do nothing on multiple occasions. His only role was fighting the other team's Colton Orr. He did nothing to stop good players who are assholes because we wouldn't dare put him on the ice with good players.

People are just mad we lose and as always, toughness is the security blanket.

We want retribution, until we get to the end point where someone goes full Bertuzzi. Then we don't want that any more...

The solution is actually simple; the NHL/NHLPA need to actual protect the players from actions that are outside of the game through lengthy suspensions. Do that and we don't have to worry about vigilante justice bullshit that will really only end one way

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Miller isn’t blocking Robertson that’s ridiculous.

Robertson has a spot wide open for him when and if he earns it.

Miller may actually have to fight for a spot in camp next year which would be far superior to forcing him into the top four line we had to this season
Not saying he is blocking it. They need bodies at LD in the short term and a placeholder will be brought in. Instead of keeping Miller and shoving aside the placeholder for Robertson, ship out Miller for some other need. He has gone backwards recently. My biggest gripe with him is his passiveness, and not just for his size.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
These games are the ones that really turn us all against each other and can be tough to curb reactionary posts.

No one wants a team full of fighters when we say we want toughness. Just like I'm sure those proclaiming physicality/toughness isn't going to change anything don't want non-contact hockey.

We have a team that is so soft, we'll get dumped out of the playoffs for years to come if we don't add some real grit. Not plugs, but guys who can play and are not pushovers. Those guys will cost ya...but I think we have pieces to trade to make it happen, possibly a FA or 2.

NHL hockey is a contact sport, and we have a roster that mostly plays non-contact. That draws a HUGE spotlight come playoff time.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
We want retribution, until we get to the end point where someone goes full Bertuzzi. Then we don't want that any more...

The solution is actually simple; the NHL/NHLPA need to actual protect the players from actions that are outside of the game through lengthy suspensions. Do that and we don't have to worry about vigilante justice bullshit that will really only end one way

Lets face a fact.

If Wilson was on any other team besides the Penguins, he would've gotten the Raffi Torres treatment by now.

Bettman coddles Ovy and Crosby.

Reactions: GbgRanger

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Not saying he is blocking it. They need bodies at LD in the short term and a placeholder will be brought in. Instead of keeping Miller and shoving aside the placeholder for Robertson, ship out Miller for some other need. He has gone backwards recently. My biggest gripe with him is his passiveness, and not just for his size.
I’d much rather just send the still 21 year old monster defenseman to the AHL for a year and let him develop rather than sell early on him.

There’s nothing he is struggling with that can’t be fixed with coaching and experience

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
They need Ryan Reeves. He is competent enough to play the game. We have a young team. We need Reeves.

Khaira was available earlier in the year.

Not addressing this team’s toughness is negligent.

I'd pass on him but I live in CGY so I might be biased. ;) (Plus he got his clock cleaned this season when he was running around tough, Ritchie put him to sleep)

But otherwise I agree with the point you were making. :)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Tom Wilson must not be allowed to leave Manhattan. Only the most elite strike-force duo can achieve this task.
flJpOSU.jpg

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
These games are the ones that really turn us all against each other and can be tough to curb reactionary posts.

No one wants a team full of fighters when we say we want toughness. Just like I'm sure those proclaiming physicality/toughness isn't going to change anything don't want non-contact hockey.

We have a team that is so soft, we'll get dumped out of the playoffs for years to come if we don't add some real grit. Not plugs, but guys who can play and are not pushovers. Those guys will cost ya...but I think we have pieces to trade to make it happen, possibly a FA or 2.

NHL hockey is a contact sport, and we have a roster that mostly plays non-contact. That draws a HUGE spotlight come playoff time.
see you say this but then there are posts like this

Kaapo Cabana said:
no, he needs to be cheap shotted, and injured

what is Darren Langdon doing these days?

or Ryan Hollweg for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->