GDT: Caps @ Hawks 11/7/14 8:30 PM EST

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
but but but....if KOOZY-POO were playing we'd have won by 3.

So whatevs

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Holtby haters, how does that shoe taste?

don't I told you so.

Holtby is young slumps happen. He was sharp
Bura with a big goal.
Johansson with a big assist and a goal.
Niskanen with a couple big hits and a goal.
Carlson was solid.

Trotz got his win.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Oh yea, shouts to Holtby!! Much needed stud game by the net minder!! Hope he takes the confidence and runs with it!!

Bura needs a star too.. He's trending toward Beast and was the spark that lit the 5 minute fire! :nod:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's one game, don't you have some math to do?

after watching this guy play for a few years now, aren't you reasonably confident that the solid player is the real player and not a 4 or 5 game slump? you don't think he's done, do you?

I think its far more likely that holtby tonight is the real holtby

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I gotta say, as skilled as Chicago is they have no physicality in their game. We beat them the f down tonight. And none of them even wanted to get back at any of our players. Doubt they are going to beat the likes of LA in the playoffs. They will still win a lot of games in the regular season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
after watching this guy play for a few years now, aren't you reasonably confident that the solid player is the real player and not a 4 or 5 game slump? you don't think he's done, do you?

I've never said I thought he was done. He's just wildly inconsistent. I'm happier when he's playing well trust me.

This team needs consistent good goaltending and it hasn't gotten in going on 2 seasons now. Getting one good game out of 6 isn't very inspiring, but hopefully he can build on the win and play up to his abilities.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
5m0bwk.jpg

Burakovsky95*

Can we stop with the main board "Caps in need of a goaltender" threads so Cancuks fans can stop shoving Lack and Tanev down our throats?

Govechkin

Nov 10, 2010
Impressions

Green looked pretty good, had some nice zone clearances and took hits well. Had a few pinches that could have turned into something, and didn't notice him whiffing too much. Healthy Green makes our O better.

MoJo looked pretty good too, saw him making little plays that I didn't see a lot of before this year. Smart passing and knowing when to use the wheels. Like him a lot more this year.

Holtby, what do we have to say about him. We saw it. When those shots got ripped from the point in the third, I assumed the shot (or the rebound) was going in. But then there was Holts. Great game, love how pumped he was. Holtfully he gets going.

Now you can put Kuzy in against the Canes tomorrow and rest someone (any lingering bumps and bruises, etc) and maybe try and get Peters back on track at home.

Take the two.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not a fan of the 3rd period game plan from Trotz.

I hear you, but sweet mother of science, thank God we got the win! That one was a long time coming.

I wish Ovie could get untracked.

More than that, i wish for a W tomoro v. Canes, no matter who is in our lineup. Would be awesome to see this squad get on a bit of a roll.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
after reading the hawks board, i'm now convinced that only 90% of you have 2+ ex-wives. doom and gloom over there.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I've never said I thought he was done. He's just wildly inconsistent. I'm happier when he's playing well trust me.

This team needs consistent good goaltending and it hasn't gotten in going on 2 seasons now. Getting one good game out of 6 isn't very inspiring, but hopefully he can build on the win and play up to his abilities.

he is a young goaltender. young players are inconsistent. young goaltenders are notorious for that. carey price among them. you have to work your way thru it. I don't recall a lot of support for keeping neuvirth there to have a 1a 1b situation continue. if you have a 1 and a 2 program going the 2 is never going to be as good as your one except in short spurts. the caps have holtby unless you want to threaten him with grubauer. which means giving grubauer enough playing time to allow him to develop.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

That's the question, isn't it? Can Korn fix in a few months what Oates broke over the course of 2 years?

Other than the late break on the telegraphed pass on the 2 on 1 goal, I generally liked what I saw from Holtby tonight. He was quick and deliberate in most of his moves and took no chances with loose or flying pucks around the crease. He acted like a confident, determined goaltender hell-bent on protecting he **** out of his net, no matter what.

If he can just get back to being that guy and add some further guidance from Korn, he could be even better than before. If he just keeps slipping into bad habits and succumbs to pressure instead of rising up to face it he may never get the confidence needed to be a solid everyday #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad