Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Golden Knights, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I got the Haula slash on Orpik. It seems they called intent, as the ref got in the way. Heck he probably slashed the ref. But I heard Orpik needed stitches... it must have been from something right before that.

How about Orpik. 1 minute left, Holts standing tall, yet Orpik plays goalie and takes one off the chest and then off the post. We will all remember Holt's generational save, but Orpik was a beast too.

0EZuile.gif

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
One thing that make me think it could be long term is that Kuzya was hurt in the first and he didn't came back after in a tight game. If it was a 5 0 game, yeah you can rest him.
I just hope he'll be able to play

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Vegas indeed deserves hatred, but I think the topic should be saved for after it's over. If the Capitals win, it won't be time for magnanimity.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Vrana reminds me of a young Peter Bondra. Speed, shot, trying to stickhandle too much at times and generates a ton of chances and comes close to finishing but no cigar

Except Bondra put his shot on the net often enough that some of them went in. He is getting chances but isn't a threat really.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Except Bondra put his shot on the net often enough that some of them went in. He is getting chances but isn't a threat really.
What do you mean by isn't a threat? Someone hitting posts is a threat. Not to mention that Vegas has to be careful with him on the ice, which opens up space, which helps line mates.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
One thing that make me think it could be long term is that Kuzya was hurt in the first and he didn't came back after in a tight game. If it was a 5 0 game, yeah you can rest him.

Well.. if the rumor was it was a slight dislocation which i've done before there is quite a bit of pain and swelling for a couple days.. If that's what happened he will be ok to play again but if it was anything more than that don't count on it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What do you mean by isn't a threat? Someone hitting posts is a threat. Not to mention that Vegas has to be careful with him on the ice, which opens up space, which helps line mates.

I mean that he has numerous quality chances. That few of those chances end up with the puck on the net and none with the puck in the net. I am much more impressed with Eller right now than Vrana

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Vegas takes a ton of dives. Olympic level gold medal material

Injuries, bad bounces, terrible officiating....and we still win. This doesn’t compute as a long time Caps fan
Well they set the tone early with their repetitive medieval times pregame.

Thought I was watching Ronaldo on the hook where it looked like Miller got shot. Or when he saw Oshie, backed into him,then flopped

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Eller is a hardened veteran. Vrana is just a whelp and is just opening the door of his career

I understand that and I am not complaining. I am just explaining why I don't see him as a major threat even with the scoring chances he is getting. If one goes in then more will. Right now they are getting the glass more than not.

Reactions: Heath

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
He said that Orpik doesn't get any credit for anything other than in their room. He said that he is the heart and soul of the team. He seemed kind of indignant about it in fact.
Interesting that this had been the knock on past Capitals teams that they lacked the locker room presence which translated to the ice to go far in the SC playoffs. But now you hear of the Orpiks, the Beagles, the Wilsons and what they mean to the team and their roll in the locker room and coupling that with the likes of Ovechkin, Oshie, Holtby, Eller . . . and it just seems that this team has gelled like no other Caps team ever did.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

That wasn't as telling to me. If you hurt a hand or wrist your going to need x-rays/MRIs or whatever to know what your dealing with. What is more telling to me is his reaction. I have a bad feeling he broke something.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Well.. if the rumor was it was a slight dislocation which i've done before there is quite a bit of pain and swelling for a couple days.. If that's what happened he will be ok to play again but if it was anything more than that don't count on it.

I hope that's what it is, I'm expecting something worse.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I got the Haula slash on Orpik. It seems they called intent, as the ref got in the way. Heck he probably slashed the ref. But I heard Orpik needed stitches... it must have been from something right before that.

How about Orpik. 1 minute left, Holts standing tall, yet Orpik plays goalie and takes one off the chest and then off the post. We will all remember Holt's generational save, but Orpik was a beast too.

0EZuile.gif

When I saw it I thought suspension. That's a 2 handed chop. F him an F vegas.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I understand that and I am not complaining. I am just explaining why I don't see him as a major threat even with the scoring chances he is getting. If one goes in then more will. Right now they are getting the glass more than not.
Of course he's a threat. He was very noticeable in his 12:56. It seemed like he played a lot more than that given how many opportunities he had. He had eight shot attempts...the next closest was Orpik's five. He and Burakovsky both need more minutes, particularly if they are starting to get their collective defensive timing down. The next step is to gut their defense game and plant that seed of doubt in their structure.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

0EZuile.gif
Wow if the ref didn't get in the way that would have been horrendous. That definitely needs to be looked at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad