Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Golden Knights, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
While I don’t really give a **** about any of the plays in this game. The larger issue of whether the NHL actually has a rule book or just some guidelines is real and the makes the league look like amateur hour.

Yep I totally agree with you - I was pretty angry during my beer fueled viewing of this game. Loved the result but I was swearing at the officials for some of the ridiculous crap they were overlooking by Vegas. And also yelling at a couple of bs calls against the Caps.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I am by no means what you would call "a high IQ hockey viewer" - but I love the sport and I love the Caps. So here are my thoughts.
Caps played a very smart game. They don't panic and the players know where they are on the ice and they make beautiful, controlled passes in dangerous situations. They also provide Holtby with incredible support and are always there to clear the puck or take it out of the danger zone.
Holtby was "the real Holtby" tonight. That save was amazing - but in the 55 minutes prior to that save he did some awesome stuff as well :)
The Caps are the better team. There is no doubt in my mind. And they'll win the Cup as long as they keep playing the way they did in game 2. It is like watching 19 different pieces of a machine all working together. They are more a team than I can recall seeing ever before.
Vegas? LOL - let's be honest, Caps fans. If Fleury isn't playing like the best goalie to ever put on a pair of skates in the history of the game, this Vegas team isn't in the Cup final. I saw sweet eff all to make me think they are a Cup winning team.
Having said that - Caps need to win their games at home. go back to Vegas with a 3-1 lead, why bother dropping a game and making it harder than it needs to be? I don't even give a crap if they lose game 5 in Vegas - all the better if they win it at home in game 6.

I love this team. I don't want to say they deserve it, because I don't believe in entitlement (you might not win something just because you've been around a long time and you've tried really hard) - but of all the teams in the league, these guys have given their blood, sweat and tears to win it. And they continue to do so.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Woke up happy but then immediately came down a couple notches when I remembered Kuz is hurt. Man really hope some good news comes out in the next couple days. It's still a winnable series without him but so much harder. I think with him we got this thing. As long as HoltGod is on our side we have a chance, Kuz or no Kuz

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Burakovsky is invisible / looks terrible for 25 games then looks like a future star for 10 games. By my count we’re 3 games into one of his hot streaks...

So true. But if he can keep up hot streak for few more games though..

Two days break. Bllllaaaaah! Atleast its 1-1 now, would have felt double the time if down by 2.

This win is not important now, as its only first stop of the goal, but history was made. Next up; Lets have a win for home opener this series for change, shall we.?

Edit. Watched the game live (tv), but now after watching the recap twice im starting to feel it. If *knocking the wood* we would happen to go all the way, like the announcer says on the recap, that Holts steal on Tuch would forever be known as ”the save” for our franchise. And even more fun is Holts answering to the media like it is jus a routine hockey play. And to add even more, Ovies priceless reaction of breaking down on it. Just that moment there, with the 20 years wait, is all what this is about :)

Edit2. The most dangerous thing we can do is to get ahead ourselves now. It was another good road trip and we are heading home feeling confident, looking good. Still, we needed our share of the puck luck in Vegas aswell as a ridiculous game and even more ridiculous save from our goalie to be just in for a tie here. This Vegas team is so dangerous, they keep pushing and dont just understand to give up even when everything is looking to go against them. And they will be looking to come up to meet us with a bang in Capitol One. Add the pressure of home crowd and im still worried. The series could be 2-0 for Vegas aswell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Hope Kuzy ist ok. Even if he is not than we still have Eller who has done the job in the playoffs, especially when Backs was missing.

I am impressed with this team, because it is a team an every game somebody else steps up. That was missing in the past.
Very happy for Orpik he deserved that one.

Win game 3 an than we are in the driving seat. I would not be suprised if Kuzy can not play that the team steps it up.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Was on the road driving in the rain for the first two periods. Almost skidded off the road, when the radio blared: "Scoooore! Brooks Orpik!" Those are not words you expect to hear while driving in the rain.

Caught the 3rd period in my hotel room. Holtby in full unleash the kracken Holt-beast mode. For him to pull out a performance like that after we lose Kuzy is just monstrously huge.

So how f***ing cheap and weasel-ly are the Vegans. I had no idea. There's nothing lovable about that team. Marchessault and Perron in particular are little cheap-shotting run away and hide punks.
Have a lot of respect for how Tuch plays though - very tough, but not over the line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So how ****ing cheap and weasel-ly are the Vegans. I had no idea. There's nothing lovable about that team. Marchessault and Perron in particular are little cheap-shotting run away and hide punks.
Have a lot of respect for how Tuch plays though - very tough, but not over the line.

I have hated Vegas since having to sit thru the first on ice pregame show. Now its occurred to me that if the GK win the Cup, it will become a movie and I couldn't stomach that. I am all the more desperate that the Caps and Ov stuff them

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I am not happy. We lost Kuzya. **** you Vegas, **** your refs, **** you nhl, **** you McNabb, **** the world. It looks like Caps against the world.

Now, even with the best news about Kuzya, we will have our 1 and 2 C playing injured.

With normal, not biased refs, it's 2-0 for the Caps.
How many bs calls went in favor of Vegas once again tonight. **** them.

Eller, ****ing animal. goal and 2 primary assists. Once again he elevates his game when 1C or 2C isn't there.

I wasn't too happy with 13-19-77 breaking up, because they had 4 very good periods of hockey against Vegas. But then I remembered that 13-20-77 had some good games when Backy was injured.

I knew the game would finish in 60, so with less and less time left on the clock I knew at the end the Caps would win, but then, I thought, you know what, 2 goals in 1 minute it's still possible. So when I saw Tuch wide open, I was like, **** it's over, they'll score now and then score once again just after. But Holtbeast made that save.:bow:

OFFICIAL, it's the best save in Caps playoffs history, Varlamov's save on Crosby is now 2nd.:nod:

And how can I forget Orpik? ahahahahahahaaha. The last time he scored it was more than 2 years ago :laugh::laugh::laugh: he couldn't choose a better moment to score a GWG. (maybe he should wait the OT in G7 :cool:)

The Captain with his first goal in the SCF:wave:

We found an opponent that we are better than them on 4on4 :lol:

smd333

May 2, 2012
I love the fact that they are cycling the puck effectively. This Vegas team has some holes defensively

Reactions: Sk8M8

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Vegas takes a ton of dives. Olympic level gold medal material

Injuries, bad bounces, terrible officiating....and we still win. This doesn’t compute as a long time Caps fan
This is what upsets me most. They are making the refs look even more foolish.

Hopefully, they will pay for this in DC.

Reactions: BobRouse

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can't think of anything other than Kuznetsov. Don't think I could handle the, "what if Kuznetsov never got hurt... would the Caps have won the Cup," should he be injured and they lose. Plus, he deserves to be out there with his team. He's one of the biggest reasons we're here. Please, hockey gods, do us a solid and heal thy son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad