Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Golden Knights, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Recently got back from the Vault. I'm pretty sure that was my first away game viewing. It didn't disappoint, in fact it exceeded my expectations. The crowd and atmosphere was like at a home game !

First, I hope Kuzy is not badly hurt. He's played very well these playoffs. Without him it will be a tall order to prevail. Holtby was superb, especially in the 3rd.

After seeing two games, and I concentrated more on game 2 bc there's less distractions, it's clear what's going on. Vegas is clearly the NHL establishments darling here. The Reaves goal in g1 should've been called back and the Caps on the PP. Good chance Caps win that one or - at worst - an OT. Refs did us no favors in g2. I'm not saying they're not a very good team, but how did they go 12-3 vs the West??

Ok you can say LAK are a tired team. Is SJ that tired? The Jets are a fresh team w.r.t. recent years playoff wear n tear. Yet they were eliminated 4-1. Is the West that bad that an "expansion" team can roll them 12-3 in the playoffs?! It makes little sense - until you pay attention to how the NHLs Cinderella story is being played out. I don't think CBJ, PIT, or TB are any worse than LV.

LET'S TAKE GAME 3 !

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I’m amazed people aren’t furious about the McNabb hit. Am I missing something here? The principal point of contact was 100% the head and he was rising into it, pushing his elbow into Kuz’s face. I don’t see how this isn’t a league review.

Naw it was a legal hit. Kuz saw him coming the whole way, raised his arm up to brace for the hit and it got caught in an awkward angle...nothing more nothing less

Reactions: Roshi

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Ordinarily I'd say the longer the series goes, the more it benefits the Caps, i.e. grinding them down, but who knows.

Vegas' style of play is perfectly suited to their hideous ice. They get in on you and then force you to clear rolling and bouncing pucks.

It's not ****ing hockey, and may the Hockey Gods punish them.

Yet Vegas held the 2nd best road record in the Western conference only behind the Predators so yea....

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Naw it was a legal hit. Kuz saw him coming the whole way, raised his arm up to brace for the hit and it got caught in an awkward angle...nothing more nothing less

If this had been a straight body to body hit Kuzy might have been ok. Instead McNabb drove himself upwards leaving his feet and driving his arm/elbow into Kuznetsov's head. That's how his hand got jammed. There's definitely follow through and contact to the head with intent. If I was the league I would be reviewing this. But of course it's the finals and Vegas so nothing will happen.

Jun 15, 2007
Everything about the NHL makes sense when you realize hockey players are meatheads and that former hockey players run the NHL.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
From a Japers Rink commenter:

Per a pretty reliable source, heard Kuz partially dislocated his shoulder, unfortunate that it’s the same one that he’s had issues with. Better than a broken bone though. Assuming that it will come down to mobility and pain tolerance, hope the extra day helps. Get well Kuz!

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
From a Japers Rink commenter:

Per a pretty reliable source, heard Kuz partially dislocated his shoulder, unfortunate that it’s the same one that he’s had issues with. Better than a broken bone though. Assuming that it will come down to mobility and pain tolerance, hope the extra day helps. Get well Kuz!

That would be an unbelievably good result.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

shelco

May 7, 2018
Just finished watching the pvr of the game and a couple of thoughts. James Neal is a whiney bitch who probably had a concussion and wouldn't go to the quiet room. Lars Eller is a Golden God

Reactions: foundhockey

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Nah, i dont think theres anything suspension worthy in this series, yet. Its the playoffs, its the finals, just suck it in and play on.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nah, i dont think theres anything suspension worthy in this series, yet. Its the playoffs, its the finals, just suck it in and play on.
While I don’t really give a shit about any of the plays in this game. The larger issue of whether the NHL actually has a rule book or just some guidelines is real and the makes the league look like amateur hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad