Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
There's one way to give a diplomatic response, and then another to give a glowing one. His is definitly the later.

Like...you can't get more glowing then that as a response.
I don't necessarily disagree but it doesn't prove anything either. You saying you've never been smiled at and treated extra-sincerely by someone that you can tell actually wants you dead? Kill 'em with kindness (and don't tank their value) is theoretically plausible, and if they're at all disgruntled then the "smiling faces" he's saying the team needs to see is essentially another reminder to cut the shit and be a team player.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yea, I am not a big fan of waiting for official comment from a team in a sport that makes a habit of tell us nothing. I am just fine having a conversation trying to connect the dots. I dont think that is being a bad fan.

I remember when people thought the Caps were giving DSP a raw deal
The irony of YOU stating that we shouldn’t wait for or weight heavily official statements is hilarious, given that 50% of your analysis is based on presser statements from the coach.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
shouldn’t we wait until he’s at least back in the lineup, then maybe see how the summer shakes out? Lol….Gloatamus Earlyus….

Besides that….that’s a BS angle. As if Oshie is going to say something to the press to detract from the team goal….come on. This is nothing more than Press 101 for a Veteran.
Nah press 101 is saying something short like it’s good to get them back in the lineup, especially if we’re going with any of the theories about them missing the send off for Oshie. Instead he has a paragraph quote about how they miss them.

Do I give Kuz the benefit of the doubt? No, given his history it’s obviously hard to. If the locker room and the organization truly had an issue with him he would have been sent home.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nah press 101 is saying something short like it’s good to get them back in the lineup, especially if we’re going with any of the theories about them missing the send off for Oshie. Instead he has a paragraph quote about how they miss them.

Do I give Kuz the benefit of the doubt? No, given his history it’s obviously hard to. If the locker room and the organization truly had an issue with him he would have been sent home.

agree to disagree. Too obvious.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He also didn't see Backstrom being wide open for a breakaway and instead stopped near the boards and lost the puck. Small things but it does point to him not seeing the ice well enough to fulfill all of his potential.

Sort of like less-physical Connolly.
His hockey IQ is low. I think that's the big issue with his game and why Lavi doesn't trust him.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kempny just re-injured himself using a shovel.
Wilson hurt himself on a skateboard while partying for Canada Day and missed the beginning of the 2014-15 season.

I’m also not sure how you’re giving Ovie and Orlov a pass while blaming Samsonov and Kuznetsov. All four were in a hotel room together. Either they share blame equally, or you put increased blame on the captain. But right now you’re picking and choosing who you think is at fault based on your own narrative.
Correction Kempny had an incident during a time out situation in a Hershey game where he had some sort of weird accidental collision with an ice cleaning crew member shoveling snow off the ice, when he was skating to the players bench. State your facts correctly if you going to mention it!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
No dude. Kempny was standing next to the bench with the team when someone scrapping the ice with the shovel accidentally hit him in the lower leg with it.

See the guys in white in the background? See the big ass shovels??

481228801.0.jpg
Nope! I only see the 2 girls with the shovels! :naughty:

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Sep 19, 2008
Been talking about the Z Made for this documentary on Chara that they keep airing on NBCSN and I would highly recommend it. The first 3 episodes came out and they are solid, the 4th one is the pandemic one. I think they show some footage of the Caps Chara, so if you want to learn more about Chara and how he lives his life I would strongly recommend, it's a very good series

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
If the Caps can get 1 center back for tomorrow, do you want Eller or Kuznetsov?
hmmm... i like this question. it's hypothetical, but interesting-and we do have 23 more hours to kill.
i guess it would depend on the parameters(health/cardio/etc) of each player vs team need.

ok, talk amongst yourselves....
;)

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Players are loyal to each other. They accept if someone f***s up, they celebrated the Cup together. I dont expect Oshie being angry for Kuzy.

Management isnt loyal for f***ups. I expect enough is enough.

But as we really dont know what really happened, id beware of drawing conclusions. Who knows why and how they ended on the list.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Players are loyal to each other. They accept if someone f***s up, they celebrated the Cup together. I dont expect Oshie being angry for Kuzy.

Management isnt loyal for f***ups. I expect enough is enough.

But as we really dont know what really happened, id beware of drawing conclusions. Who knows why and how they ended on the list.

Ive been part of some pretty public teams and you are wrong if you dont think a player thru his behavior can break the faith with his teammates. You think the Mike Hoffman thing was just a management responses?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok...here is a tough question. If Anderson wants to play next season and Hank is ready and wants to play, which do you choose(assuming they dont go with both kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad