Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Reading a room and benefit of the doubt have nothing to do with factual events. You can form your own opinion and very well may be right. But the reality is none of us know what has really happened so let’s not act like we do.

I think its fair to see how Laviolette talked about the 4 players who broke COVID protocols and got busted earlier this season and how he is talking about these two this time. The team is going to tell us what happened. There is a certain amount of common sense and connecting the dots that is required.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kempny just re-injured himself using a shovel.

No dude. Kempny was standing next to the bench with the team when someone scrapping the ice with the shovel accidentally hit him in the lower leg with it.

See the guys in white in the background? See the big ass shovels??

481228801.0.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Guys in white???

The Maple Leafs standing in front of their bench. Thats where Kempny was when one of the skaters with the shovels hit him. For a guy coming off achilles surgery getting jammed in the back of the leg with a shovel moving at the speed those skaters are is bad

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The Maple Leafs standing in front of their bench. Thats where Kempny was when one of the skaters with the shovels hit him. For a guy coming off achilles surgery getting jammed in the back of the leg with a shovel moving at the speed those skaters are is bad

All I see is orange, sorry. ;)

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I saw that and thats good, but Oshie is also the consument professional. I wouldnt expect anything less from him regardless. Its not his job to saying anything that would draw attention to that situation.

There's one way to give a diplomatic response, and then another to give a glowing one. His is definitly the later.

Like...you can't get more glowing then that as a response.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Oshie sounds like a guy who's extremely pissed that Kuzy missed his dad's funeral

saying all the right things….anyone expect anything less from Oshie? I sure as hell don’t. Great leadership. He knows those two will be needed to win this year. Important thing now is rallying the team….let the chips fall where they may in the summer.

Reactions: HecticGlow

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
saying all the right things….anyone expect anything less from Oshie? I sure as hell don’t. Great leadership. He knows those two will be needed to win this year. Important thing now is rallying the team….let the chips fall where they may in the summer.

Which Cap player needs to give a glowing welcome statement for you guys to believe it lol? Hagelin?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Kempny was on the ice and not actually using the shovel from what I understand.

And I think it’s obvious I’m giving 8 & 9 a pass because as Sammie and Kuzy missed more time I assume they were ones that actually brought it into the locker room, plus the fact that they did it again makes it not a one time thing. Not criticizing people for hanging out with teammates, they already share a locker room.

We have no way of knowing who brought it into the locker room, only that all four of them were breaching protocol together. Beyond that, we only know that Ovies wife claims he and Orlov “already had antibodies” (suggesting both of them had been infected previously), so either of them could have easily been the carrier without being symptomatic.

Caps fandom has been particularly disappointing lately, jumping to conclusions to support the narratives that bash their latest whipping boys.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Which Cap player needs to give a glowing welcome statement for you guys to believe it lol? Hagelin?

Which Caps player at the start of the playoffs do you expect to publically slam a teammate or no comment in a way that has the same value. Which? I'll wait

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We have no way of knowing who brought it into the locker room, only that all four of them were breaching protocol together. Beyond that, we only know that Ovies wife claims he and Orlov “already had antibodies” (suggesting both of them had been infected previously), so either of them could have easily been the carrier without being symptomatic.

Caps fandom has been particularly disappointing lately, jumping to conclusions to support the narratives that bash their latest whipping boys.

Yea, I am not a big fan of waiting for official comment from a team in a sport that makes a habit of tell us nothing. I am just fine having a conversation trying to connect the dots. I dont think that is being a bad fan.

I remember when people thought the Caps were giving DSP a raw deal

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Which Caps player at the start of the playoffs do you expect to publically slam a teammate or no comment in a way that has the same value. Which? I'll wait
Just admit your speculation was nothing more than hysteria and move on. Oshie didn’t have to give such a glowing statement. He could have given a bland answer but chose not to. We don’t see that type of comment if there was any type of internal rift. Clearly it was handled and they’re moving on.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just admit your speculation was nothing more than hysteria and move on. Oshie didn’t have to give such a glowing statement. He could have given a bland answer but chose not to. We don’t see that type of comment if there was any type of internal rift. Clearly it was handled and they’re moving on.

shouldn’t we wait until he’s at least back in the lineup, then maybe see how the summer shakes out? Lol….Gloatamus Earlyus….

Besides that….that’s a BS angle. As if Oshie is going to say something to the press to detract from the team goal….come on. This is nothing more than Press 101 for a Veteran.

Last edited:
Reactions: g00n

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

I'll take them at their word.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

I’m disappointed in you not being disappointed in a goalie who’s been unavailable 2 straight postseasons. Not even mad, just disappointed.
How is this some taboo topic when we can’t even evaluate the goalie we took over Aho in pressure games?

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad