Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
So who sits?

Raffl starts out in the press box?

It will be Sprong based on last game. I thought they would scratch Raffl based on Sprong’s strong play down the stretch but look at their ice time in game one.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This isn’t all true. Lots of cautious people have gotten it, including a lot of pro athletes who followed the rules. I have no idea if kuzy was stupid or not, but claiming he was based only on his infection is not fair.

stop, if you’re a pro athlete you have to be more serious about who you put yourself around. If this was some innocuous infection happened through some random encounter with authorized NHL personnel, pretty sure responses from team officials would have a different tone and or message.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
So finally there is some clearance now with sammy and kuzy, some of the posters here must be almost disappointed. I read so many stupid rumours and speculations lately here from hate from the team, to drug usage, and how team no longer need their services. For me it was clear as a day that both of them were on the COVID list because of either they had it, or were in contact with someone who had it. Also if capitals is to succeed and get deep in the playoffs, we need Kuznetsov.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
stop, if you’re a pro athlete you have to be more serious about who you put yourself around. If this was some innocuous infection happened through some random encounter with authorized NHL personnel, pretty sure responses from team officials would have a different tone and or message.
What response? That’s the point, they have said nothing of consequence to this point. He may have done something stupid and I wouldn’t be shocked. But there have been multiple “he’s an idiot for getting COVID” posts and that’s not a known fact right now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What response? That’s the point, they have said nothing of consequence to this point. He may have done something stupid and I wouldn’t be shocked. But there have been multiple “he’s an idiot for getting COVID” posts and that’s not a known fact right now.

lol you think Lavi’s demeanor was that of an understanding coach who feels bad for the player who wasn’t to blame? Read the room. Has Kuzy recently earned the benefit of the doubt to be honest?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
When’s the last time a Cap has had to miss multiple games for an off ice incident besides the last 3 times Kuzy and Samsonov have had to (coke suspension/ATV accident, 2 COVID protocols), if you don’t count Ovy and Orlov missing time as COVID contacts of the 2 wild and crazy guys? Kordic maybe? Has anyone missed a few games with an illness? Is it that uncommon for anyone else?
Oshie just missed the 1 game and I was worried for him, something awful must have happened for anyone but Kuzy and Sammie to miss a regular season game for something other than an injury.

Last edited:

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
When’s the last time a Cap has had to miss multiple games for an off ice incident besides the last 3 times Kuzy and Samsonov have had to (coke suspension/ATV accident, 2 COVID protocols), if you don’t count Ovy and Orlov missing time as COVID contacts of the 2 wild and crazy guys? Kordic maybe? Has anyone missed a few games with an illness? Is it that uncommon for anyone else?
Oshie just missed the 1 game and I was worried for him, something awful must have happened for anyone but Kuzy and Sammie to miss a regular season game for something other than an injury.

Kempny got injured in the off season and missed the full year, right?

Reactions: Silky mitts

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
lol you think Lavi’s demeanor was that of an understanding coach who feels bad for the player who wasn’t to blame? Read the room. Has Kuzy recently earned the benefit of the doubt to be honest?
Reading a room and benefit of the doubt have nothing to do with factual events. You can form your own opinion and very well may be right. But the reality is none of us know what has really happened so let’s not act like we do.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
People defending Kuzy...why was his treatment from Lavi so different this time than the first time he was on the list? Why did Lavi say he was suspended at first for disciplinary reasons?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
There was that rumor about Wilson breaking something on a skateboard in the off-season a few years back.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Kempny just re-injured himself using a shovel.
Wilson hurt himself on a skateboard while partying for Canada Day and missed the beginning of the 2014-15 season.

I’m also not sure how you’re giving Ovie and Orlov a pass while blaming Samsonov and Kuznetsov. All four were in a hotel room together. Either they share blame equally, or you put increased blame on the captain. But right now you’re picking and choosing who you think is at fault based on your own narrative.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Btw, if it turns out Kuzy got covid and Sammy just was in close contact to him not being late or anything, that isnt even f*** up from him I'd say (Sammy).
From my forced upon career as a contact tracer Sammy was released first so that suggests Kuzy was a close contact of Sammy.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Let's hope the trade rumours surrounding Kuznetsov lights the fire up his ass en route to 30+ point Playoffs, Cup and a Conn Smythe. Early in his career he made it pretty clear that the team having his rights play a huge part to whether he ever comes over to NA so he definitely wants to be here. Now it's time to prove your worth again.

That being said i don't think we see him in G2 but could be back for G3 or G4. Still more than enough time to rack up the points.

Jun 15, 2007
I have come to accept that Sprong will be scratched when Kuzy returns, even if I think it should be Hathaway or Hagelin.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Let's hope the trade rumours surrounding Kuznetsov lights the fire up his ass

If/when Kuzy plays, we have seen enough to learn that Kuzy is either feeling it or he isn't. You don't light a fire under his ass. He wears nomex underwear and it has no effect.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I think Twabs listed the ice time against the Bergeron line it was all 3 guys, one of which was Raffl. It would seem unlikely that after that Raffl gets scratched
Yeah, I like what Raffl brings. Logjam right now.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah, I like what Raffl brings. Logjam right now.

I think its also fair to say that with the goaltending situation as it is concentration on defensive details gets priority over offense. Again that is Raffl.

Meanwhile If Kuzy gets back in this series it might not be til several games down the line.

Reactions: amjay13

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have come to accept that Sprong will be scratched when Kuzy returns, even if I think it should be Hathaway or Hagelin.

Hathaway leads the team in hits. Hagelin is the leading PK forward on the team. Those are the jobs those guys were hired for. With Wilson's wing clipped Hathaway is that much more important and the Caps had the 5th best pk in the league this season. With the goaltending where it is now, protecting Anderson physically and from high danger chances against is going to be a priority.

Sprong just doesnt help with those things. Neither does Kuzy

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Kempny just re-injured himself using a shovel.
Wilson hurt himself on a skateboard while partying for Canada Day and missed the beginning of the 2014-15 season.

I’m also not sure how you’re giving Ovie and Orlov a pass while blaming Samsonov and Kuznetsov. All four were in a hotel room together. Either they share blame equally, or you put increased blame on the captain. But right now you’re picking and choosing who you think is at fault based on your own narrative.
Kempny was on the ice and not actually using the shovel from what I understand.

And I think it’s obvious I’m giving 8 & 9 a pass because as Sammie and Kuzy missed more time I assume they were ones that actually brought it into the locker room, plus the fact that they did it again makes it not a one time thing. Not criticizing people for hanging out with teammates, they already share a locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->