Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
For all the pessimists...thinking of you in your time of need. Seek help.

5ywbmV.gif

Especially if you voted Broons in 4.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
What does it mean that Oshie and Wilson were part of the optional skate today?

None of this sounds very good.

I imagine Oshie in particular is trying to knock off rust from having barely played in the last week or two and having had limited practices. Getting back into a rhythm might be more important to both of them than conserving energy right now - I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Reactions: Calicaps

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Is Craig Anderson going to have to factor into this? Looks like VV is banged up too.

I don’t think VV is banged up, I think it was just an unfortunately-phrased tweet by Tom Gulitti that juxtaposed Kempny’s status with Vitek, as both left early. It was an optional that most guys expected to dress weren’t at, so I imagine Vitek was just limiting his workload.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Vitek was one of the players offered the media today. They wouldnt do that with a dinged player. Particularly him, under the circumstances.

Reactions: HecticGlow

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
So Samsonov has missed the past two playoffs because of (1) an ATV injury and (2) suspension leading to COVID protocols. I hope BMac fires his ass into the sun this offseason along with Kuznetsov — get assets back who actually care about, you know, playing hockey. End rant

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
All I can say is despite the criticism and outlook on VV by some posters, I support him until he shows me otherwise he's an AHL starter or NHL backup. He's played way beyond my expectations and shown a good attitude. What a wonderful story for the NHL to cover about a rookie goalie despite not being the chosen one like Sammie. Whatever VV does, please don't try to be Holtby or Brodeur with playing the puck. Just make the saves and not be fancy with clearing. This is his time to shine!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All I can say is despite the criticism and outlook on VV by some posters, I support him until he shows me otherwise he's an AHL starter or NHL backup. He's played way beyond my expectations and shown a good attitude. What a wonderful story for the NHL to cover about a rookie goalie despite not being the chosen one like Sammie. Whatever VV does, please don't try to be Holtby or Brodeur with playing the puck. Just make the saves and not be fancy with clearing. This is his time to shine!

He started 13 games in a row thru February. The team was toast if he couldnt handle the pressure. He proved he could handle the load.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
He started 13 games in a row thru February. The team was toast if he couldnt handle the pressure. He proved he could handle the load.

I know. I was talking about the upcoming playoff games. Some folks come down hard on VV though, but they are entitled to their opinion.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Have to troll a little.

When I first saw 8-19-39 on the ice for G1 I thought Lavi lost it.
We all know Ovi needs puck retriever on his right flank and Mantha isnt that type of player, or at least thats what txpd always preaches.

So when I did suggest that kind of line... I was not too dumb that day, have to find out what I had for a breakfast...

Reactions: Calicaps

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So it seems like Kuzy did get COVID again and Sammy was the close contact. I am pissed at Kuzy but maybe he got it from a family member or some other way that isn't a violation. The only issue with that is I believe Kuzy missed a game before he showed up on the COVID list. Regardless of how he got it, he got it and it seems like the Caps will be without him for at the very least, round 1.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
So it seems like Kuzy did get COVID again and Sammy was the close contact. I am pissed at Kuzy but maybe he got it from a family member or some other way that isn't a violation. The only issue with that is I believe Kuzy missed a game before he showed up on the COVID list. Regardless of how he got it, he got it and it seems like the Caps will be without him for at the very least, round 1.

Let's blame Kuzya because he got a disease that more than 160 million people had.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I have my suspicions that he got it doing something stupid, but until the facts come out I'm not willing to ship him out of here like everyone else is.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have my suspicions that he got it doing something stupid, but until the facts come out I'm not willing to ship him out of here like everyone else is.
For me, it's not about Kuzy getting Covid a second time that makes me want to ship him out; the issue I have is that this is another data point that he's not reliable. Covid twice, getting suspended for missing the team function, getting suspended for the cocaine mess, mailing it in during the bubble last year... this is a guy who can be a top player in the league and is paid to be this team's top line center and has put his teammates in a bad spot a handful of times at this point. At what point do you say enough is enough? They can't risk having ~9.5% of the cap continually dropping the ball.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->