Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 5: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
You’ve seen his actual contract or seen this verified somewhere?
I stand corrected, it does not void the contract however the "right to offset" comes in play Quick Shifts: The great challenge of Mike Babcock's next job - Sportsnet.ca. So for argument sake, let's say the Caps signed him as their new coach for 3 million a year, that results in 3 million being reduced from the Leafs contract as the current contract will offset the previous contract by that amount.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Winning today should not mask absolutely how badly they played today. I hope BMac sees past that. This teams needs one or two moves within the next 24 hours.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Winning today should not mask absolutely how badly they played today. I hope BMac sees past that. This teams needs one or two moves within the next 24 hours.

Food for thought -- if a team needs 2-3 moves (incl. Dillon) to sort out its issues, maybe it should re-evaluate its "now or never" contender attitude.

Reactions: Raikkonen

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I think the problem with Caps today is lack of motivation. Look again at this goal, they're fighting without fear. Those are same players, but with different level of confidence. They need to find it again.

P.S. On this goal, I like how they don't even look at knights player, only puck, only on the net.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Not the same players.

Factor number 1: there was true top-4 D in Nisky.
Factor number 2: there was a leader of men Orpik still good to close out games.

That team was a defensive machine. Easy to play confidently.

Who they should have been afraid of?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Ovechkin- Kuznetsov-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie
Hagelin-Eller-Kovalchuk
Panik-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Jensen
Kempny-Gudas
I don’t hate that. Panik can play heavy and gives some more finish. Poor Hathaway can’t buy a goal at this point.

Just one of the two Russians giving a shit makes it pretty scary top to bottom if Kovy can chip in points similar to his time on the Habs.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Another thing. Gmbm doesn’t seem to move on from who he gives long term contracts too.

Eller 5 years.
Panik 4 years.
Hathaway 4 years.
Jensen 4 years

seems like a smart move front office wise. When gmbm gives a long term deal - he commits.

We may think Jensen a Panik need to move already and aren’t happy with their play - BUT from a agent standpoint... this is huge respect. It looks very good from a big picture/overall look for caps.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Colorado easily beats that, but if they say f*ck it and pass on Kreider and Boston is out and clock is ticking and no one offers nothing, then they might entertain this idea
Okay fine.

panik +1st + djoos for Kreider

any defense prospect not named Johansson, Fehrevary, or Alexiev and get it done.

third line then becomes top 6 caliber.

no huuuuuuge move like this is going to happen - but still fun to discuss.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Okay fine.

panik +1st + djoos for Kreider

any defense prospect not named Johansson, Fehrevary, or Alexiev and get it done.

third line then becomes top 6 caliber.

no huuuuuuge move like this is going to happen - but still fun to discuss.
It's on the same level bad as the Rags fans asking for the 1st and McMichael for kreider.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Food for thought -- if a team needs 2-3 moves (incl. Dillon) to sort out its issues, maybe it should re-evaluate its "now or never" contender attitude.

You mean like when the 2016 pens had to get Daley, Schultz and Hagelin mid season?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They can still trade Jensen for Petry retained.

We still have 2 defenders (Orlov and sleepy Carlson) and a bunch of guys who arent truly top-4.

Options like Brodin, Petry and Manson are superior to what we have.

Also TR should have a good plan, or it could be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad