Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 5: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
@LesDiablesRouges missed your post in the previous thread. I'd say the most likely to acquire would probably be Senyshyn, Kuokkanen or Bracco just because they already have multiple AHL seasons under their belts. The other guys are either AHL rookies or playing in Europe

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
@LesDiablesRouges missed your post in the previous thread. I'd say the most likely to acquire would probably be Senyshyn, Kuokkanen or Bracco just because they already have multiple AHL seasons under their belts. The other guys are either AHL rookies or playing in Europe
Senyshyn - isnt he the guy Sweeney (his first GM pick) took ~15th OA out of nowhere? Half the folks thought he is out of his mind, half thought he knows something because he's in the game obviously...

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Senyshyn - isnt he the guy Sweeney (his first GM pick) took ~15th OA out of nowhere? Half the folks thought he is out of his mind, half thought he knows something because he's in the game obviously...
Yep. They picked Zboril, DeBrusk and Senyshyn in that order. Senyshyn was picked right before Barzal, Kyle Connor and Chabot. Yikes

Reactions: usiel

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Imagine if GMBM did trade for Mojo and Mike Green and they won. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the entire fan base.

Not saying it's smart or realistic or anything, but Christ I'd watch that movie.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Here some stats on our D season dynamics:

upload_2020-2-21_1-50-13.png
upload_2020-2-21_1-50-37.png

Conclusions

i) Orlov-Gudas is constantly better than Orlov-Jensen
ii) Orlov-Carlson is kicking asses
iii) Kempny-Carlson is broken for good
iv) ECHLguy-Gudas was a disaster the last 20 games, but the 3rd-pair-overkill Gudas is Ok

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Here some stats on our D season dynamics:

View attachment 323955View attachment 323957

Conclusions

i) Orlov-Gudas is constantly better than Orlov-Jensen
ii) Orlov-Carlson is kicking asses
iii) Kempny-Carlson is broken for good
iv) ECHLguy-Gudas was a disaster the last 20 games, but the 3rd-pair-overkill Gudas is Ok

Siegs is young and the grind of the season may be catching up to him.

Do Eller next! :naughty:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I have a feeling this last game helped in a sense. It gave GMBM see who is working and who isn't, and hopefully he can make some more moves (and fire 2 certain assistant coaches) to bring this team back to shape. We have the talent, we just need the effort. Another shake up to the roster could wake some players up and notify them that they arent guarenteed to play and they have to play for their jobs.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The whole competitiveness angle to trades is a bunch of bullshit if star players suck without consequences. You can't have some aggressive double standard at play for the bottom half of the roster and then act like it's sunshine and butterflies otherwise. It comes across as hollow double-speak ignoring the elephant in the room.

I suspect they'll add a fairly competitive forward that can at least threaten Panik's spot but it's just rearranging the deckchairs if they're going to avoid more substantive assessments. They're 11-11-1 over the past two months. This isn't just a recent slump...it's a long slide of wayward play. It's hardly the first time but as seasons pass you've got to wonder how much elevation certain players have. When the time comes they'll be more engaged but this is also a roster with warts regardless of any pending moves and really poor lingering habits.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
hopefully he can make some more moves (and fire 2 certain assistant coaches) to bring this team back to shape. We have the talent, we just need the effort.

Needing more moves would indicate they don't have the talent unless you are saying that the moves are all on the fringes. If they are then what kind of difference are you getting?

Which top 6 forwards need to be replaced?

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Needing more moves would indicate they don't have the talent unless you are saying that the moves are all on the fringes. If they are then what kind of difference are you getting?

Which top 6 forwards need to be replaced?

Kuznetsov needs a wake up

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Kuznetsov needs a wake up
I don’t really think he needs a wake up. He’s an extremely skilled, extremely soft player. Some games he will be the best player on the ice and others he will be the worst. He can make something happen out of nothing and he went God-mode in the 2018 playoffs, but he’s an elite talent that is generally just a decent player. He may often have a net negative impact on the team due to his atrocious defense.

Side note, this is not a Reirden bash btw, but he seems like a guy that really needs a coach like Trotz that will be stern with him and keep him accountable. He’s a player whose relative advanced metrics have gotten a lot worse the last two years. His advanced metrics were actually pretty solid from 15/16-17/18 to go along with his elite skill but now he’s a complete drag in that regard.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Noticed Dillon got caught up ice a lot and left forwards to defend. Kind of wonder what he could be flipped for. I'm not saying deal him asap but I wonder what he could return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad