Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 5: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It was even more fun when they swept the Cardinals :)

Honestly, Soto's hit v the Brewers and Howie's home runs v LA and Houston were epic.

If they play short series they will be earlier in the process, they will just have to win the first round on skill and less on the cumulative heavy.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Well the Caps are built for the long playoff haul. They are big and physical and can wear down most anyone in a 7 game series.

In a 3 game series I don't like their chances at all. A couple bounces here and there and there's no chance to recover, like they did vs Columbus.

So, we'll see.
A short series could easily favor the old age caps players. We usually come out of the season very strong at full strength.
I could see our experienced veteran players handling a short series with weeks of no open ice rinks better.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
IF it’s a shorter series, it will really depend on how it’s created. A best of 3 is scary as one loss and then it’s “back to the wall” for everyone.

best of 5 is more fair as it allows for an “oops” loss to not kill you.

we will see

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
IF it’s a shorter series, it will really depend on how it’s created. A best of 3 is scary as one loss and then it’s “back to the wall” for everyone.

we will see

The old caps history of the 3 games to 1 lead issues don't even have time to develop in the short series. Game 1 is game 5 of a tie series. In a 3 game series the Caps start on the road and finish with 2 at home. I like that

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

we will see

Caps don't have a problem with winning Games 1 and 2 usually.

They have a problem with Games 6 and 7.

Bring on the 3 game series!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
The old caps history of the 3 games to 1 lead issues don't even have time to develop in the short series. Game 1 is game 5 of a tie series. In a 3 game series the Caps start on the road and finish with 2 at home. I like that
Is that what would happen? Probably 1-1-1. And if you look deeper into Caps history, they used to play 5 game series to start. And we blew a few of those (2-0) as well. So....yeah

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Is that what would happen? Probably 1-1-1. And if you look deeper into Caps history, they used to play 5 game series to start. And we blew a few of those (2-0) as well. So....yeah

Its probably not 1-1-1 because that is 2 travel days when it well might be they are scratched for time

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

Orlov is the most hardworking guy on the team.
Vrana too.

Ovi likes to hide from the press in the locker
Orlov not, but they have to wait longtime after practices.
Kuzya is superstitious, when he's on a roll, not a chance to speak with him (the media)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
NBCsn Is re-airing the Columbus series from 2018 man what a fun summer that was

I'll never be able to explain it but after Game 2 against Columbus I woke up the next morning with a weird sense of calmness. I just knew they were going to beat CBJ and go on a run. Had a similar sinking feeling when Kempny got hurt last year.

I think I also went like 16-2 in making GDTs that summer :laugh:

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
I'll never be able to explain it but after Game 2 against Columbus I woke up the next morning with a weird sense of calmness. I just knew they were going to beat CBJ and go on a run. Had a similar sinking feeling when Kempny got hurt last year.

I think I also went like 16-2 in making GDTs that summer :laugh:

oh I know. I called on that “elixir” at least 5 times as we beat all the demons.

As I’m sure you remember. We cleared out all the other posters to make way for the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->