Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 5: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This years playoff avatars have to be #ItsAllKuzy'sFault related since he's already being blamed for what happens in this year's playoffs before they even began. :nod:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Watch Reirden's post game presser from last night. He clearly makes the case that the Caps will keep Dillon.
GMBM said that he's been watching Dillon ever since coming into the league, I wouldn't be shocked if he was retained.

I would take Dillon, lose Jensen and Gudas and replace them w/ Siegs and a rookie, and call it good. Ditch Holtby and we can make that cap work.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I would take Dillon, lose Jensen and Gudas and replace them w/ Siegs and a rookie, and call it good. Ditch Holtby and we can make that cap work.

Would definitely be interesting in regards to who to protect against Seattle around this time next year. If we resign Dillon, and we go the protect 3 Defensemen route which is likely, it would have to be Carlson, Orlov, Dillon right?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Would definitely be interesting in regards to who to protect against Seattle around this time next year. If we resign Dillon, and we go the protect 3 Defensemen route which is likely, it would have to be Carlson, Orlov, Dillon right?

No question those are our top 3 NHL D, but I'm still unclear about the need to protect Fever if he plays with the Caps all next year, which I think is likely. Losing Siegs, but keeping Dilly and Fever, would not be devastating.

Reactions: tenken00

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No question those are our top 3 NHL D, but I'm still unclear about the need to protect Fever if he plays with the Caps all next year, which I think is likely. Losing Siegs, but keeping Dilly and Fever, would not be devastating.

If they protect 3 d which top 6 forward do they lose?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If they protect 3 d which top 6 forward do they lose?

I think Oshie and Backs are the likely candidates to not be protected based on age and contract, if I had to choose one its hard but its probably Osh simply because of Backs place in the organization.

Also would remain to be seen if Vrana is even with us then, right, he'll be a UFA that summer so we would not need to protect him, IINM.

Ahh just looked, he would be an RFA then it seems. So, f*** me!

Its also possible they could lose Siegs if left available.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Watch Reirden's post game presser from last night. He clearly makes the case that the Caps will keep Dillon.

Don't get your hopes up. Think he was referring to Matt.

source.gif

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We would not lose both, only one. And I doubt they would leave Backs exposed but technically it might be be the smartest move.

Bottom line is, a good roster like the Caps is going to lose a good player. Thats the whole point.
With the play Backstrom showed yesterday you expose Siegenthaler every day of the week and thrice on Sundays. That's who Caps will lose.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I thought we discussed it earlier and came to conclusion Fever doesnt need any protection. He's not exposed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think Oshie and Backs are the likely candidates to not be protected based on age and contract, if I had to choose one its hard but its probably Osh simply because of Backs place in the organization.

Also would remain to be seen if Vrana is even with us then, right, he'll be a UFA that summer so we would not need to protect him, IINM.

Ahh just looked, he would be an RFA then it seems. So, f*ck me!

Its also possible they could lose Siegs if left available.

Which forwards are you projecting? I forget how many

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I know the solution WRT Dillon and ED.

1) Sign Dillon
2) while not giving him any NTC/NMC
3) play next season
4) decide on who to expose when you have to

So even if they will have trouble keeping everybody, the decision next May/June could be much more obvious than it is now

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Put Kovalchuk with Kuznetsov. Kovalchuk was getting no separation with the puck. He'd be much more dangerous if he had Kuz giving him twister passes or throwing the puck ahead of him letting Kovalchuk pick it up with speed. Plus Kuznetsov knows how to separate to get clean passes back as well

Good as Eller is a playmaker he is not.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Put Kovalchuk with Kuznetsov. Kovalchuk was getting no separation with the puck. He'd be much more dangerous if he had Kuz giving him twister passes or throwing the puck ahead of him letting Kovalchuk pick it up with speed. Plus Kuznetsov knows how to separate to get clean passes back as well

Good as Eller is a playmaker he is not.
Kuz is doing that for Ovi. Ovi is a killer. Kovy is less reliable. They wont switch them. Its counter productive.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad