Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 2: Happy Hockey Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
PS — Maacosharks Account is gone. I’m pretty surprised. I’m actually sad to see him go. I mean that.

Wow - I'm sad to see him go as well. No matter the differences he had with (most of) us, he was a loyal Caps fan.
Do you think the Chandler Stephenson trade was the final straw? Kind of feels that way.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Troll account perhaps

I don't understand your comment? Are you saying he's closed his real account and created a troll account? Maaco doesn't seem like the kind of person who would bother.
He might create a new account and start posting but it wouldn't be long before everybody knew it was him again :laugh:

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I don't understand your comment? Are you saying he's closed his real account and created a troll account? Maaco doesn't seem like the kind of person who would bother.
He might create a new account and start posting but it wouldn't be long before everybody knew it was him again :laugh:
Say what you will about him but he seemed to stand by his opinions with a righteous passion, agree that he doesn't seem the type to want to hide behind another layer of anonymity (an ironic thing to say on a message board, perhaps)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Dude — so not cool. @kicksavedave, @txpd , @BiPolar Caps, @g00n , @Calicaps , @CapitalsCupReality , @WanderingCapsFan , etc etc.

We are all 72. I’m not 73 til next week.

don’t be so rude!!!

PS — Maacosharks Account is gone. I’m pretty surprised. I’m actually sad to see him go. I mean that.

Hah well from a former mod here (vapor ware dollars) I give full on blanket "OK Boomer" passes to those here since I have seen no hockey specific boomer nonsense here

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
My dad's side of the family made a turducken once... 8pm Christmas Dinner started at 12:30am :laugh:

8b0189e65aec93453397c45416d3a15c.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looking out for a new defense corp strategy in the coming games. The Caps have been using a 1d-4d, 2d-3d, 5-6d distribution of assignments. With Kempny struggling and Jensen not yet where they want him, I wonder if we might see more of a 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 breakdown.

Orlov and Carlson getting the top shutdown assignment. Siegenthaler or Kempny with Jensen playing against the opposing 2nd tier and Gudas getting 3rd pair mins. Jensen and Gudas have relieved Carlson of much of his PK duties and that means there are some more even strength defensive minutes available for Carlson if Rierden wants to use them.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Looking out for a new defense corp strategy in the coming games. The Caps have been using a 1d-4d, 2d-3d, 5-6d distribution of assignments. With Kempny struggling and Jensen not yet where they want him, I wonder if we might see more of a 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 breakdown.

Orlov and Carlson getting the top shutdown assignment. Siegenthaler or Kempny with Jensen playing against the opposing 2nd tier and Gudas getting 3rd pair mins. Jensen and Gudas have relieved Carlson of much of his PK duties and that means there are some more even strength defensive minutes available for Carlson if Rierden wants to use them.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Orlov-Carlson happened? I can't even remember. 5 years ago?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

as opinionated as he is, I think he WOULD bother....thing is, unless he totally revamped his response style, it would be immediately obvious.

Reactions: Heath

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Thanksgiving is the GOAT holiday but turkey is the worst and most overrated food on the Thanksgiving table. The skin is delicious and it's palatable if drenched in gravy but otherwise hard pass. And turkey sandwiches are only good w/ bacon and avocado. Ham is far superior during Thanksgiving and in sandwiches, don't bother to @ me.

I like beef brisquit, although it's not every Thanksgiving or Christmas. Smoked ham for the win.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
You're still new here... this is just what we do. Crapfest over whoever is the worst player, even on the best team. Because some people want everyone to always be the best player all the time. Or something like that...

Remember the ESPN forum days when everything was doom? To think Jagr killed that great forum. Fast forward 20 years and things have changed with Ovy, a championship, and a physical team. Some Caps players just don't get any mercy when it comes to Caps forums and that will never change.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
You lost me. I was going to say under Hunter, lol. Then I realized Hunter had Orlov benched a lot.

I think Orlov was a rookie under Hunter? Can you believe that it's been almost 8 years already since Hunter was the Caps coach? Where does the time go

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think Orlov was a rookie under Hunter? Can you believe that it's been almost 8 years already since Hunter was the Caps coach? Where does the time go

Yeah, it's amazing and I was one of Hunter's few supporters. He's best where is now though developing our future prospects and those future draft picks :). Orlov gave us shades of that classic hip check that year and Hunter actually made Schultz play somewhat better. If you're a fan of scoring goals, well Hunter hockey isn't going to cut it. To think we were 6.6 seconds from making the ECF, but all that is good now. Also, I think it is cool he watches every Caps game and keeps loyal to the franchise despite having a new life and successful Jr. hockey operation.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019

Tex, do you think that long-term they will pair Orlov & Carlson together, if Fever and AA take the next steps in development in the next couple years and are able to carry pairings themselves? I definitely see the argument for spreading out your pairings (and keeping 9/74 on different pairings), but, you also see teams - with enough talent and depth - that stack their top-pairing and it does tilt the ice, while providing stout D.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tex, do you think that long-term they will pair Orlov & Carlson together, if Fever and AA take the next steps in development in the next couple years and are able to carry pairings themselves? I definitely see the argument for spreading out your pairings (and keeping 9/74 on different pairings), but, you also see teams - with enough talent and depth - that stack their top-pairing and it does tilt the ice, while providing stout D.

I don't think they want to use Carlson as a shutdown defender. They want him as free as possible to attack. Which he cant do if he is with Orlov and matched against Pastrnik tonight. Going Orlov Carlson is a way to stretch their available defenseman talent. Basically giving the competition that Carlson and Kempny get to Jensen and Kempny. That slows them down offensively and tightens them up defensively.

The two guys you mention in Hershey are not ready to be matchup defensemen for a while. The 3rd pair anytime now. The Kempny spot next to Carlson next. Playing next to Orlov against Kucherov and Barkov and Giroux, is not in the near term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad