Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 2: Happy Hockey Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Before he likely exits stage right into obscurity, I wanna know...

Is it Bow (as in bow and arrow) -eee or Boo-eee? (As in the floating navigational aid)

It's "bow" as in "take a bow" "eee".

Also, because I don't want to be left out:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.01.21 PM.png

All the way and forever.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Who has ham for Thanksgiving? WTH kind of 'Murican are you?! ;)

hes obviously very “Silky”. So there is that. I cannot comment on the rest though.

and candidly, I’m concerned he’s been eating pig, not fowl, for Thanksgiving. I totally get the pig fixation. I mean, who doesn’t????

but on Thanksgiving??

Mitts — are you ok, man??
Turkey's like the top 6, you count on them, you expect them to contribute. But if the opponent matches up with them, or they can't stay out of the box. or the bird is too dry, or too many people want dark meat, you need the 3rd and 4th lines to get some greasy goals, or that swine to enter a truly satisfied food coma.
Sorry. The Asian in me:

View attachment 288829

*ducks*
large_feca75a9-f21b-441c-983e-23b7ade757b1.JPG

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
What the heck is wrong with olive oil mayo?
Mayo is made w eggs. Period end. Anything that is added to it to make flavoring turns it into sandwich spread or salad dressing. I mean. Come on man...you are old enough to know this.

Hellman’s is mayonnaise
Miracle whip is sandwich spread

(And “MayoChup??? WTF is that? Don’t we call that Russian Dressing everywhere else in the world??)

I am simply aghast!!

Last edited:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
On a serious note, I respect the way you folks handle your disagreements & conflicts. The last few pages of this particular thread are a perfect example. Sports are going to bring out passionate opinions but you keep your comments about the topic. Name calling & implying lack of knowledge in a rude manner is avoided and a person really has to take an extreme position in order to receive a strong response from multiple Members.

I've been circulating around several Team Boards and honestly this is one of the most civil, with actual conversations. Some of the Team Boards have Threads which are more like the contentious Main Board Threads, where Members are posting their thoughts but do not appear to really be reading anyone else's.

So, again, well done on cultivating such a healthy environment for good hockey talk for Members with different opinions who cheer for the same team or at the very least for some of the players on your team.

Cheers

It's because average poster age on this board is 74.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I wonder if this is new for 2019/20, or did TR do this last year, or did he learn this from Trotz?

Does the article explain this? Not signing up for the Atlantic myself.

Although coach Todd Reirden has always been a fan of intrasquad competitions, he decided to ramp up the intensity at the start of last season. He began integrating more of the games into the Caps’ practice schedule. He also asked video analyst Tim Ohashi to begin tracking wins and losses for individual players.

“I wanted to see who wins those things,” Reirden said with a smile.

In practice, top-six forwards wear red jerseys, bottom-six forwards wear white jerseys and defensemen wear blue. That gives Alex Ovechkin and Co. a massive advantage, obviously. So to mitigate that edge, the coaches often attempt to even things up by having players change sides. For example, John Carlson could be added to Team White for a particular game. It’s an unofficial salary cap, of sorts, and it was implemented last season after players complained about Team Red being stacked, Reirden said.

“I think it was one of the goalies who said, ‘Hey, what about a salary cap? It’s not even close,'” Reirden remembered hearing after a particularly lopsided affair. “So, just to make it more even, we agreed.”
Ohashi added: “We’re not calculating it with hard numbers. We just try to keep it balanced for their benefit and for mine, so I don’t hear about it too much. But it doesn’t work all the time.”

The games, which are often played toward the end of practice, vary from session to session. They can be 1-on-1, 2-on-2, 3-on-3 or an odd-man combination. Some emphasize being hard around the net. Others put a focus on soft hands and a quick release. Most are contested in small areas, such as the corners or between the blue lines. They have names like, Activator, The Trench, Always Defend and at least one that cannot be published on a family-friendly website.

Each game has a purpose and is intended to help players sharpen up a skill while simultaneously creating a competitive environment.

It’s also supposed to be fun.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thanksgiving is the GOAT holiday but turkey is the worst and most overrated food on the Thanksgiving table. The skin is delicious and it's palatable if drenched in gravy but otherwise hard pass. And turkey sandwiches are only good w/ bacon and avocado. Ham is far superior during Thanksgiving and in sandwiches, don't bother to @ me.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Thanksgiving is the GOAT holiday but turkey is the worst and most overrated food on the Thanksgiving table. The skin is delicious and it's palatable if drenched in gravy but otherwise hard pass. And turkey sandwiches are only good w/ bacon and avocado. Ham is far superior during Thanksgiving and in sandwiches, don't bother to @ me.

Remember when turducken was a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad