Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 2: Happy Hockey Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
On a serious note, I respect the way you folks handle your disagreements & conflicts. The last few pages of this particular thread are a perfect example. Sports are going to bring out passionate opinions but you keep your comments about the topic. Name calling & implying lack of knowledge in a rude manner is avoided and a person really has to take an extreme position in order to receive a strong response from multiple Members.

I've been circulating around several Team Boards and honestly this is one of the most civil, with actual conversations. Some of the Team Boards have Threads which are more like the contentious Main Board Threads, where Members are posting their thoughts but do not appear to really be reading anyone else's.

So, again, well done on cultivating such a healthy environment for good hockey talk for Members with different opinions who cheer for the same team or at the very least for some of the players on your team.

Cheers

This is a pretty decent group of people. Winning a Cup has definitely made things better (I used to read the threads in here, maybe for a couple of years before I ever started posting, and have only been posting for about 2 years). There was a lot of pain and suffering
from people in those dark years!
Looking at some of the other fan bases, if this one was anything like them I would have moved on from here a long time ago. Arguing with strangers online just seems so pointless. Who am I to waste my energy trying to convince somebody that I am right and they are wrong? (Unless it's stating the obvious, of course - but that doesn't seem to be required around here very often).
Hopefully Maaco will be back soon - wouldn't want you to think it's all hearty back slapping and holding doors open for each other all of the time around here!

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
My belief is a player’s spot on a team should be earned. I believe Boyd has played well enough to stay in the line-up and the player whom I believe is not playing up to his capability the most is Panik. My thoughts aren’t that deep.

Like I’ve said, that is just my opinion. Obviously not one Reirden shares...for now.

If the playoffs started tomorrow I'm sure Boyd would be in the line up. But the team has 50 game left. Getting your biggest FA acquisition on the right track is much more important than Boyd getting playing time. GMBM just moved Chandler to give Boyd a firm spot in DC.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I hit all the boards a little and spend a lot of time on Metro boards and I still can't believe how "nice" it is here compared to most. The Pens board is a great place and the posters are super knowledgeable but they complain about EVERYTHING.

If the Caps had three Cups in ten seasons I don't think I would have anything to complain about until about 2030. :laugh:

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Yeah but....

ham or turkey???

amd more importantly....what type of damned mustard?!?!?!?!
Turkey if you're ordering from a restaurant, ham if you're making a sandwich from Thanksgiving leftovers, always honey mustard.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Who has ham for Thanksgiving? WTH kind of 'Murican are you?! ;)

hes obviously very “Silky”. So there is that. I cannot comment on the rest though.

and candidly, I’m concerned he’s been eating pig, not fowl, for Thanksgiving. I totally get the pig fixation. I mean, who doesn’t????

but on Thanksgiving??

Mitts — are you ok, man??

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
can I triple like something? Seriously

Turkey dinner, be it Christmas or Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year, but I LOVE the 2 days of leftovers JUST for the turkey sandwiches covered in gravy. Two side by side, near submerged, little salt and pepper and its heaven for me!

Brb, going to give myself a home angioplasty.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ouch. Poor kid. Its one thing to get waived, its another thing to get waived by the last team in the league that were giving up goals at a historic rate (not sure if thats still the case).

wow......that sucks.....didn’t think it would go this way for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad