Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 1: Drop. The. Puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Not digging the lines.

Also there's got to be a way to get Lewington out of the lineup right? It looks like swapping Boyd for Stephenson and sending down Lewington would free up enough cap space to bring up Fehervary.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
That was supposed to say Holtby haters would be in full force and they were.

As for Samsonov I'm not so quick to jump on the bandwagon. I'm a Holtby fan even though he is really pissed me off. I'm also a fan if Samsonov. I'm worried they will rush him and ruin his career. Like the Rangers did with Dan Blackburn.
Samsonov has decent numbers so far and has used his athleticism to make some good saves but he needs a lot of work on the technical part of his game.
He moves around way too much. Quite often when he is moving laterally he is pushing too hard and ends up outside the post. He hasn't controlled rebounds very well, fortunately that hasn't cost him. He also showed us that he doesn't play the puck very well. Yes he has only let in 4 goals so far. 2 of those goals were weak. With more playing time I'm pretty sure teams will exploit those weaknesses.
And Holtby. I don't know what to say. His head isn't in it. Sometimes it looks as if he is giving up. Maybe he needs a reset. Naybe he wants out of Washington because the writing is on thecwall. If he doesn't get his head out of his ass we might be forced to rush Samsonov.

Good post and I now see where you are coming from.

I will only respond to the "rushing" Samsonov issue. Samsonov has played in the KHL, he played a season in the AHL, he is going to be 23 in February. He, and the Caps, took a smart safe path with him (and Vanecek) they aren't rushing him at all in my opinion.

He may not be ready and he may fail but it won't be because they gave him too much too soon.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Don't care about the lines much, they switch all the time with every team in the NHL. My only thing is taking Dowd out of the lineup for Stephenson, don't like that one bit.

Also, this may be some good news:

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Ok with Hathaway getting promoted, ok with Panik getting demoted, ok with Gudas getting promoted.

Wouldn't have been mad at Leipsic going on the second line if Vrana was getting dropped, not sure Hagelin deserves that, though that line could cause some mayhem if it clicks.

Not ok with Dowd getting dropped.

This is not the d-corps that will take us to the promised land, need to find a way to either bring Djoos up or take a chance on one of the rookies at LD, we're overflowing with prospects, why the f*** aren't we using them?!

Reactions: Futures Passed

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

That ain't it.

Checked the calendar....nope...not April 1st.
Lloyd-Christmas-Happy-to-Sad.gif

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Puck retriever. On the Ov line Wilson is the puck retriever. On this line Wilson is the closer and Hagelin the puck getter.
Leipsic would be much, much better at that job.

It's for a shutdown role I suspect. It's about all Hagelin is good for in a more prominent role.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Wake me up after 10 more games and tell how's Panik doing.

I still cant get whats wrong with Vrana. Was there awkward hit/collision with him lately?

Hags gonna be alright. Not expecting much scoring from him.

So thats Panik and top-6 generally as suspects. But those guys know its f***ing October.

Next.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Leipsic would be much, much better at that job.

It's for a shutdown role I suspect. It's about all Hagelin is good for in a more prominent role.

If the idea is to use Hagelin and Wilson in a shutdown role, I could see that. Reirden did use Kuzy against McKinnon yesterday. Still, Wilson is the shooter on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad