OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Always wanted to check that out but haven't got around to see what streaming options for that is. Again just too much content out there. Kinda crazy 10 years ago I could keep up for what I felt was good but cannot any longer.
tenor%20(6).gif

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Always wanted to check that out but haven't got around to see what streaming options for that is. Again just too much content out there. Kinda crazy 10 years ago I could keep up for what I felt was good but cannot any longer.
tenor%20(6).gif

I enjoy it. It’s a proper man soap opera. Guns, women and Cole Hauser whoppin ass.

Sep 19, 2008
Gordon Ramsay was in Baltimore a few months ago and helped renovate Ellicott City's main street on "24 hours to hell and back"

The episode aired yesterday and is available online on Hulu. Pretty good so far. I remember being around Columbia in 2016 which is a few miles south of Ellicott City, and I lived in Silver Spring back then off Route 29. Didn't really get much of the floods where I was but I know the area was affected not once but twice by severe flooding and it really messed up a lot of the old town. Seeing Ramsay and certain special guests come by to repair Main Street was great. Still working through the episode now but highly recommend for anyone in the area.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gordon Ramsay was in Baltimore a few months ago and helped renovate Ellicott City's main street on "24 hours to hell and back"

The episode aired yesterday and is available online on Hulu. Pretty good so far. I remember being around Columbia in 2016 which is a few miles south of Ellicott City, and I lived in Silver Spring back then off Route 29. Didn't really get much of the floods where I was but I know the area was affected not once but twice by severe flooding and it really messed up a lot of the old town. Seeing Ramsay and certain special guests come by to repair Main Street was great. Still working through the episode now but highly recommend for anyone in the area.

Haven't watched it yet but I want to. I grew up 15 minutes from Old Elliott City and heading there for 21st birthdays or the night before Thanksgiving was always a right of passage for a lot of people in Howard County. Sad to see what the floods have done to the local businesses there.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Has anyone seen "The Guilty" out of Denmark? The entire movie takes place in one room with the dispatcher talking to one caller. It was like reading a book, you have to picture everything in your head. Very good movie! :nod:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Has anyone seen "The Guilty" out of Denmark? The entire movie takes place in one room with the dispatcher talking to one caller. It was like reading a book, you have to picture everything in your head. Very good movie! :nod:

kinda like Bug or Phone Booth.....added to list.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
In the mood for espionage-type content lately - Bourne stuff, Jack Ryan, Tinker, Taylor Soldier, Spy , Condor, etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

The Rook on starz (only one season) season is British espionage but with superpowers. Counterpart is another (two seasons). I feel dumb saying Homeland but you didn't mention it. Had some fine individual seasons. Homecoming on Amazon Prime. The Honorable Woman is a fantastic mini series with US/British/Israeli espionage. Berlin Station (epix) I hear is good but haven't gotten around to it.

Reactions: Marshall

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
The Rook on starz (only one season) season is British espionage but with superpowers. Counterpart is another (two seasons). I feel dumb saying Homeland but you didn't mention it. Had some fine individual seasons. Homecoming on Amazon Prime. The Honorable Woman is a fantastic mini series with US/British/Israeli espionage. Berlin Station (epix) I hear is good but haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks blood, I'll check 'em out.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
In the mood for espionage-type content lately - Bourne stuff, Jack Ryan, Tinker, Taylor Soldier, Spy , Condor, etc. Any suggestions appreciated.
Not exactly espionage, but Body Guard on Netflix is pretty good. It has Richard Madden as the lead role and there's only one season so far.

Reactions: Marshall

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wouldn't that work better as an audio drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad