OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Mod note for thread: if you post spoilers/speculation/rumors regarding recent TV shows or movies use the spoiler tag. This includes plot twists, mood references, alive/dead comments, or anything that might offer clues to what viewers can expect, excepting a personal thumbs up or down. Be careful when quoting text tagged as spoilers. If you really want to talk with someone about spoiler content in detail, use a PM. Basically, just be considerate of your fellow posters who may not be as current as you.

Westworld S3 is great so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Alright, alright I'll give it another shot... just going to need to drink a lot beforehand, and likely during.

I did just finish Season 1 of Peaky Blinders and I'm re-watching Silicon Valley from the beginning since I only saw through Season 3 the first time I watched but caved and subscribed to HBO until this thing is over. Both terrific shows. I think the Season 1 finale of Silicon Valley might be one of my favorite episodes of any TV show ever.

Do we need a separate TV and movies thread?

Reactions: Devil Dancer

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Alright, alright I'll give it another shot... just going to need to drink a lot beforehand, and likely during.

I did just finish Season 1 of Peaky Blinders and I'm re-watching Silicon Valley from the beginning since I only saw through Season 3 the first time I watched but caved and subscribed to HBO until this thing is over. Both terrific shows. I think the Season 1 finale of Silicon Valley might be one of my favorite episodes of any TV show ever.

Is the final is S1 of Silicon Valley called "Optimal tip to tip efficiency"? If so then I agree with you, greatest single episode of comedy ever written. And for an IT nerd who has done a million whiteboard sessions, the greatest scene ever on any film of any format!!!!

:D

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is the final is S1 of Silicon Valley called "Optimal tip to tip efficiency"? If so then I agree with you, greatest single episode of comedy ever written. And for an IT nerd who has done a million whiteboard sessions, the greatest scene ever on any film of any format!!!!

:D

Haha, yep! MJT, D2F... it had me in tears laughing. I work at one of these companies and it's so insanely spot on, not sure why I never finished the show.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

100%......

Somewhere in episode 3, I got over the complete disgust and was hooked on the story. Lol...

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Might be good to do so during corona time since it looks like more off topic stuff might be the main driver of content here, heh.

Finished s2 of Altered Carbon..pretty meh from the story side. There was more radical changes compared to book 2 of the series in this one I found was not comparing well

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hmmm bummer on Altered Carbon S2. I still need to watch it and the anime movie though....

Kingdom Season 2 was good.

Agreed to catch up with the wife and watched the first 2 seasons of Mrs Maisel. Very good show. I’m surprised I like it so much honestly.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hmmm bummer on Altered Carbon S2. I still need to watch it and the anime movie though....

Kingdom Season 2 was good.

Agreed to catch up with the wife and watched the first 2 seasons of Mrs Maisel. Very good show. I’m surprised I like it so much honestly.

Completely agree.

Anyone keeping up with Devs on Hulu? Pretty damn good so far.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not a show or film specifically but I just found out about this. Pretty funny, I guess a way to do something under quarantine. Watch Netflix simultaneously with others with a chat room lol.

We could have done a Tiger King party in here with it.

Netflix Party

netflixparty.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not a show or film specifically but I just found out about this. Pretty funny, I guess a way to do something under quarantine. Watch Netflix simultaneously with others with a chat room lol.

We could have done a Tiger King party in here with it.

Netflix Party

netflixparty.png

Great idea, but extremely limited deployment options today. It will be really great when dissimilar devices can connect to an app/api and open a ‘’virtual theater’” if you will with friends. Thought of this idea long ago....Some great future possibilities.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’d recommend Jodorowsky’s Dune to anyone into sci-fi or documentaries, it’s a 99c rental on Vudu and probably other rental services, 5.99 to own on Vudu

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Might be good to do so during corona time since it looks like more off topic stuff might be the main driver of content here, heh.

Finished s2 of Altered Carbon..pretty meh from the story side. There was more radical changes compared to book 2 of the series in this one I found was not comparing well
I hated season one. The radical changes to Kovacs' character, motivation and back story ruined it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad