OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Read that....also Horace Grant on ESPN.....He is willing to kick his ass even today lol!

Grant rips Jordan over 'so-called documentary'

MJ was/is a massive dick....but he’s still the GOAT.
What's interesting is that Horace Grant was on the Pardon My Take podcast a week or two ago and wasn't nearly as angry at that time as he is now. I think these guys are just trying to get their name back into the rotation. I watched the whole documentary, which was really well done, and IMO Pippen wasn't portrayed negatively at all. They touched on some negative moments (Pippen getting surgery late into the offseason, Pippen not wanting to come off the bench since he wasn't taking the last shot when MJ wasn't there) in Pippen's career but those moments are most definitely part of the narrative. Plus, MJ literally says the 1st or 2nd episode that there isn't 6 championships without Scottie.

Maybe these guys weren't under the impression that MJ had some final say on what was and what wasn't included in the doc?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Refusing to enter the game for the last shot because you aren’t getting the ball is really bad.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching Firefox for the first time in over 30 years. I don’t remember it being horrible. Well at least the run up to hijacking the plane is horrible. The plane is bad ass though.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Refusing to enter the game for the last shot because you aren’t getting the ball is really bad.
So was not getting off-season surgery so he could stick it to Krause and show how valuable he was when missing games. He was severely underpaid, of course, but he signed the contract...

I could have done with a little more Phil Jackson content. They spent some time on him but he's arguably the most intriguing figure/personality on those teams outside of MJ.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So was not getting off-season surgery so he could stick it to Krause and show how valuable he was when missing games. He was severely underpaid, of course, but he signed the contract...

I could have done with a little more Phil Jackson content. They spent some time on him but he's arguably the most intriguing figure/personality on those teams outside of MJ.
They could definitely do a documentary on him. His childhood, playing career, coaching in Puerto Rico, Bulls Dynasty and then the Lakers dynasty and Kobe/Shaq feud. Plus his time as an exec for the Knicks. Could definitely fill up a 10 part doc with all that content

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They could definitely do a documentary on him. His childhood, playing career, coaching in Puerto Rico, Bulls Dynasty and then the Lakers dynasty and Kobe/Shaq feud. Plus his time as an exec for the Knicks. Could definitely fill up a 10 part doc with all that content
Haven't read it but The Last Season should be a good read on the end of the Lakers era. 11x NBA champ...definitely could use more limelight, even if his time with the Knicks sort of tainted his rep.

I could use a supercut of all of the times Jordan cut on Krause. He was mercilessly hilarious going in on him.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Haven't read it but The Last Season should be a good read on the end of the Lakers era. 11x NBA champ...definitely could use more limelight, even if his time with the Knicks sort of tainted his rep.

I could use a supercut of all of the times Jordan cut on Krause. He was mercilessly hilarious going in on him.
Will have to add that to my long list of books I still need to read lol

Jordan and Pippen going around Jerry was amazing to watch. One of the funniest moments of the doc is the scene where Jerry was dancing on the bus and the guys were going in on him

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Pippen threw a temper tantrum the one year he played in Houston with Barkley because he wasn’t getting the ball enough if I remember correctly.

Pippen was an excellent defensive and offense player but he proved when Jordan was playing baseball that he was a complimentary player. One of the best complimentary players in the history of the NBA but nothing without a Jordan to lead him.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Motherland: Fort Salem is a trippy alternate history of the united states where witches took over on Hulu. Normal People (hulu) series is also excellent on the evolution of a relationship starting in high school and the twists and turns of life as time moves on. Apparently this is based on a well known novel as the dialog is just very good. Never seen Daisy Edgar-Jones act in anything else but she is amazing in this.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Motherland: Fort Salem is a trippy alternate history of the united states where witches took over on Hulu. Normal People (hulu) series is also excellent on the evolution of a relationship starting in high school and the twists and turns of life as time moves on. Apparently this is based on a well known novel as the dialog is just very good. Never seen Daisy Edgar-Jones act in anything else but she is amazing in this.

I finished episode 10 last night......battle witches....dig it.

Episode one has a great scene in the mall....unique.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Uhtred of Mercia...wow. Such a good series The Last Kingdom is....

Blew through Space Force. Liked it....not hilarious but solid and high production value....

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Halfway through White Lines on Netflix and I'm at the point where I'm going to keep watching only because I've already invested lots of time into the show. 10 episodes, each about 55 minutes in length, and there's a whole lot of filler going on. First episode hooks you in for a murder mystery only for it to feel more like a soap opera from there on out.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Halfway through White Lines on Netflix and I'm at the point where I'm going to keep watching only because I've already invested lots of time into the show. 10 episodes, each about 55 minutes in length, and there's a whole lot of filler going on. First episode hooks you in for a murder mystery only for it to feel more like a soap opera from there on out.

thx for saving me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad