CanucksCast (Episode 3 Out Now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hey guys!

By request we are going to do these topics for Episode 3.

(Prospect Discussion) - Cole Cassels , Frankie Corrado , Thatcher Demko
(HF Topic) - Is this the best group of prospects we've ever had?
(HF Topic) - Who has the best chance (Prospect) too make the team out of camp?
(HF Topic) - Lack vs Miller vs Markstrom Discussion
(General Discussion) - Which ex Canucks will we miss the most? (Santorelli / Kesler / Luongo / Booth / Garrison)
(General Discussion) - Are advanced statistics (Corsi) Applicable in the NHL. How do you track Heart and will?.

We have room for another Topic or Two, If you would like a specific Prospect / Topic to be discussed, just post in this thread. We read it every few hours.

PS - We have some exciting news about guests coming out soon for episode 4 / 5. We have had a ton of requests to be on the show from HF members.

Last edited:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Good. Then would you like to submit a listener topic/question? We'd love to discuss something that's of interest too you.

how will this team play an offensive uptempo style of game that Willie D suggests? do we have the horses to pull it off? I keep hearing management talk about getting back to an in your face offensive style game that made this team successful in the past. without Kesler and Erhoff driving the offense that seems very unlikely. who will have to step up to make that possible this coming season? are they just blowing smoke for ticket sales?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
how will this team play an offensive uptempo style of game that Willie D suggests? do we have the horses to pull it off? I keep hearing management talk about getting back to an in your face offensive style game that made this team successful in the past. without Kesler and Erhoff driving the offense that seems very unlikely. who will have to step up to make that possible this coming season? are they just blowing smoke for ticket sales?

Nice points. Some of them will be talked about closee too the begining of the season, but I'll see what the guys are good with adding to episode 3. Thanks fpr your imput!

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Better than any of the garbage that pills up in our local media or out of the easy, that's for sure.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
it's that time again. it's podcast day today. We are recording it around 9 o'clock. And we will be discussing the topics from above.

So I hope everybody is looking forward to it

Last edited:

givemeda411

Sep 7, 2007
Vancouver
Good show,

Can't say I agree with a lot of the opinions but I can't stop listening to it either.

Future topics I'd like to hear:

- Do any prospects make the team
- Project the opening day lineup
- How many points will the canucks get / Will they make the playoffs
- Who else in the west makes the playoffs / Where will the canucks rank
- Can Miller adjust to the west.
- Is Sbisa the next Erhoff / can he make Edler better
- New players to Utica and their effect on the team.

Look forward to your next show

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Episode 3 will be up in the next 2 hours with a guest!

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Episode 3 is out!, Trevor was not on this week because he broke his mic.

So we got a guest to fill in with us on the FLY.

Thank you Reverend Mayhem for joining us this week, Especially in short notice.

I hope you guys enjoyed it!

http://www.spreaker.com/show/canuckscast

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
So guys i hope you enjoyed, or will enjoy episode 3 of the CanucksCast! Now we will be taking questions/topics/ideas for episode 4! Let us now, and be heard.

And thanks for the great support so far! :)

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hey guys, Episode 4 should be out in the next few days.

My computer literally broke, (motherboard + PSU + processor), So I had no computer for over a week, the good news is I am getting a new one in the next few days, and we should get things rolling.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just listened to a little bit of the 3rd episode. Just some constructive feedback:

The audio is a bit iffy. Holden if you're going to keep doing this get a mic! Lol.

Also the transitions seemed a bit awkward and forced. I know you have a bit of an agenda that you work on, but it seems like you mention a topic, each guy talks about it, and then you just say "moving on...." and off to the next topic. It's OK, but I think it can be more fluid. Also constantly saying "what do you think about that Josh" or "what do you think about that Holden" becomes incredibly repetitive.

It's also tough to keep an audience engaged for a full 30 minutes. Radio talk shows combat this by having commercials to re-set the audience. Obviously with this being a podcast you don't have commercials, but if you can find a way to re-set the audience to prevent them from tuning out I think that would be helpful.

Also, when you throw out numbers, try to throw out accurate numbers. I didn't nitpick and look everything up, but I think it would add a lot to your value if you have exact numbers/facts to supplement your opinions. This wasn't too big of an issue, but something to consider.

Other than that, it was quite solid. I know this was only your third time doing this so considering what I expected when I first listened to it, it's quite good. Keep it up guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad