CanucksCast (Episode 3 Out Now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hello everybody!,

Welcome to the Canuckscast thread, we are doing topics specifically on HF, and other Vancouver Canucks related discussions.

We are all very new to this, but are doing it for the fans, getting some non radio bias discussions going.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.spreaker.com/show/canuckscast

@trevorknapp16

@Truenucksfan

@J_D_Drew17

Last edited:

John Cenaaaaa

Sep 8, 2013
Vancouver
Thanks for asking. Yes, SKYPE would be used to talk to one another while doing the podcast. Multiple broadcasting tools like Spreaker, Soundcloud, etc could be used for the podcast. As well, if you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to voice your opinion on different broadcasting tools/apps/sites that could work!

Last edited:

LolClarkson*

Hey guys, anyone interested in possibly starting up a weekly Canucks podcast?

Details to follow when I see how much legitimate interest I can garner...

Go Canucks!

What do you mean by podcast ? A radio show ? 1040 is in such a rut that it would be a good time to start something.

LolClarkson*

A Podcast is just like a radio show, but it isn't live. Recorded then published.

I would for sure give it a listen. As I said in the radio show thread. There is nothing worth listening to from 1040. All I listen to is HC at noon on sportsnet.

I would make it an open format like Satellite radio sports. And it cant be sat radio without some profanity. :laugh: Sports radio with some profanity is great. I would incorporate a format like that. It could be a hit. And B pundits would probably like to come on as guests.

John Cenaaaaa

Sep 8, 2013
Vancouver
I would for sure give it a listen. As I said in the radio show thread. There is nothing worth listening to from 1040. All I listen to is HC at noon on sportsnet.

I would make it an open format like Satellite radio sports. And it cant be sat radio without some profanity. :laugh: Sports radio with some profanity is great. I would incorporate a format like that. It could be a hit. And B pundits would probably like to come on as guests.

Definitely fine with a little profanity. If we got big and succeeded in putting this thing on iTunes, I bet pundits would start becoming available options.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Ill hit you up tmw. Ill do a show and see how it sounds lol

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
There's a very well done podcast called "Control Point", focusing on a game called Team Fortress 2.

It's obviously not hockey related, but they do an excellent job with their podcast in terms of opening, closing, intermission, segmenting, editing and recording.

You can give it a listen and get in touch with them if you're interested.

While it's not a major investment, setting up a decent recording area with a good microphone, getting some editing software (unless you pirate) and DJ to churn out a few tracks could cost anywhere between a few hundred bucks to a few grand.

I suggest starting out with a cheap microphone, and if you guys have something good going, start investing into it.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Only if I can be the host, and make outlandish topics that we must discuss :D

Also, where would we be streaming it from? Put it on YouTube?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I'd be interested...be it listening, or actually doing the show...this sounds like the beginning of something great that I could get behind.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
You should try and get Kid_Roll on the show as a guest sometime.

Might help you draw some traffic.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
PM me for my skype :D

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I've been podcasting for over three years and would be more than happy to dole out some advice if you like.

My friends and I (distributed all over the US) have been doing our video game podcast Video Game Hangover and have found great success on a limited budget. I do all of the post production work, our setup is as follows:

1) Snowball mic: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E

You want a decent microphone so the raw recording quality is good. Nothing too crazy will suffice but I don't recommend using a gaming headset or anything like that. A pop filter is also recommended for your setup.

2) Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I do all of our post production using Audacity to clean up any background noise and make any edits. It's free and over the past few years I've managed to squeeze out (IMO), a pretty high quality show considering we use open source software, and $60 mics.

If you'd like tips on what I do to clean up the audio send me a PM, I'd be happy to share.

3) Skype - we use skype to meet up and record our individual tracks locally. We've tried using software like Pamela to record live while doing skype meetings, but I've found that recording locally gives you the best raw recordings. Software like Pamela is easy to use but the end result is tinny and we only use it for interviews when necessary.

4) Libsyn - http://www.libsyn.com/

All of our shows are hosted on libsyn and their monthly plans are quite reasonable. They have a nice UI which makes publishing a show a rather painless thing to do. I highly recommend their service, it's great.

Check out my show if you want to see some of our work: www.vghangover.com and I'd be more than happy to go into details about how we get things done. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad