CanucksCast (Episode 3 Out Now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Prob Luc :laugh:

The Horvat hate is laughable.

"Gaunce is better offensively" is where you guys lost credibility.

I did it just for you. Horvat rant was fun. Hey tho i said nice things also about him :naughty:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I agree tim. But i wanted to get a response. Heh. You guys should be guests. Snake . tim . rev.

I dont actually hate horvqt as much as i say. I just dont see him as a 2nd liner thats all.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You got a good voice actually for radio.

I agree with this.

People say voice doesn't matter, and it's about your flow.. but for me it does.

Rintoul is the rare exception for me though.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Good listen. Well done guys.

Few points:

- Completely disagree with Luc (Jakub?) about Horvat. I understand that you don't have to like the guy, but your stark position stands a very good chance to be toppled... Really good. We'll see, as players have to develop, but I'm pretty confident.

- How can one not see Horvat's IQ? It's like... apparent.

- I'm a big fan of Gaunce. Don't think he'll be the "low-event" loser some do. Still, I put Horvat's potential ahead. Reason: Play with the puck. Gaunce really slows down when the puck is on his stick. It will limit him.

- I think the emphasis on "this guy scored a goal when I saw him" is overdone. When a guy like Horvat scored 1.4-1.5 PPG over a large sample, and you see him in camp not scoring, it doesn't mean much. The bigger sample matters.

- Don't agree with tanking. Sedins not care? C'mon guys.

- Liking the confidence in Vrbata.

Overall, pretty good show.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Good listen. Well done guys.

Few points:

- Completely disagree with Luc (Jakub?) about Horvat. I understand that you don't have to like the guy, but your stark position stands a very good chance to be toppled... Really good. We'll see, as players have to develop, but I'm pretty confident.

- How can one not see Horvat's IQ? It's like... apparent.

- I'm a big fan of Gaunce. Don't think he'll be the "low-event" loser some do. Still, I put Horvat's potential ahead. Reason: Play with the puck. Gaunce really slows down when the puck is on his stick. It will limit him.

- I think the emphasis on "this guy scored a goal when I saw him" is overdone. When a guy like Horvat scored 1.4-1.5 PPG over a large sample, and you see him in camp not scoring, it doesn't mean much. The bigger sample matters.

- Don't agree with tanking. Sedins not care? C'mon guys.

- Liking the confidence in Vrbata.

Overall, pretty good show.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Feedback is what drives the show.

As you can see all 3 of us are extremely high on gaunce. We think he is going to be an elite #3 center
In this league.

If you guys want certain questions on the show. Please post some here. We take all suggestions

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Feedback is what drives the show.

As you can see all 3 of us are extremely high on gaunce. We think he is going to be an elite #3 center
In this league.

If you guys want certain questions on the show. Please post some here. We take all suggestions

So I wrote a huge long argument thinking you were saying Gaunce is going to be the 3rd best center in the league, and then I realized you meant 3rd liner. :facepalm:

I agree that Gaunce has a high chance of being a 3rd line center. if he can develop into someone like Staal or Fisher, I'd be ecstatic.

However, I disagree with you on Horvat. I think Horvat can definitely become a high second line center or an average 1st line center. Once he reaches his potential, 60 point seasons aren't out of the question.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm pretty high on Gaunce but don't have much reason to be down on Horvat. Camps are good, but games mean more. Example, last year I went to open camp and thought Jensen was one of the most talented guys at the camp and then not 3 or 4 days later just stunk up the pre-season. I'll see how Horvat is during those pre-season games and form my opinion on where he is then. Don't agree that Gaunce is better than Horvat than offensively simply because I think Horvat will be a better player possession wise whereas Gaunce seems to put himself in the right place at the right time which usually is a good indication of high hockey IQ. Also excellent use of the term 'silent assassin' whoever said that.

I think the Chris Higgins to Dane Fox is pretty optimistic, I think he'll top out as a bottom 6'er who can shoot the puck...a really good player, but I think the difference is Higgins has top 6 capability.

Far as rebuild/retool, I think retool is the better way to go. Teams that rebuild are usually legitimately trying to succeed for a few years without much to show for it and have a bad year before they "tank" see: Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Calgary, Edmonton. We had one bad year and as enticing as it is to tank for McDavid/Eichel etc. it's not the right thing to do in our situation I think as we still have some good pieces to compete with top teams (doesn't mean we'll beat them, just hang with them). Sidenote here: I've spoken to a source re: Barzal and no, wasn't a Canucks fan growing up but would prefer to remain in Vancouver. And I'm sure Konecny would like it here with Bo (second cousin connection? Can't remember the last time I saw mine).

Overall good show! Will continue to watch and comment. One note is just the conversation could be more organic/natural a bit. Me nitpicking here, but it seems like you each get one or two paragraphs on each subject with little time to rebut, but that's understandable if you are running a shorter podcast than say like 4-hour shows on the radio.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I'm pretty high on Gaunce but don't have much reason to be down on Horvat. Camps are good, but games mean more. Example, last year I went to open camp and thought Jensen was one of the most talented guys at the camp and then not 3 or 4 days later just stunk up the pre-season. I'll see how Horvat is during those pre-season games and form my opinion on where he is then. Don't agree that Gaunce is better than Horvat than offensively simply because I think Horvat will be a better player possession wise whereas Gaunce seems to put himself in the right place at the right time which usually is a good indication of high hockey IQ. Also excellent use of the term 'silent assassin' whoever said that.

I think the Chris Higgins to Dane Fox is pretty optimistic, I think he'll top out as a bottom 6'er who can shoot the puck...a really good player, but I think the difference is Higgins has top 6 capability.

Far as rebuild/retool, I think retool is the better way to go. Teams that rebuild are usually legitimately trying to succeed for a few years without much to show for it and have a bad year before they "tank" see: Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Calgary, Edmonton. We had one bad year and as enticing as it is to tank for McDavid/Eichel etc. it's not the right thing to do in our situation I think as we still have some good pieces to compete with top teams (doesn't mean we'll beat them, just hang with them). Sidenote here: I've spoken to a source re: Barzal and no, wasn't a Canucks fan growing up but would prefer to remain in Vancouver. And I'm sure Konecny would like it here with Bo (second cousin connection? Can't remember the last time I saw mine).

Overall good show! Will continue to watch and comment. One note is just the conversation could be more organic/natural a bit. Me nitpicking here, but it seems like you each get one or two paragraphs on each subject with little time to rebut, but that's understandable if you are running a shorter podcast than say like 4-hour shows on the radio.

We are learning on the fly, we are trying to take all the positive and negative feedback from everybody on a daily basis and improve our craft.

We felt Episode 1 was a bit stale, and everybody agreed with each-other. So we wanted to do some devils advocate type stuff in episode 2 (I went a bit far tho on Horvat, should have lightened the load a bit).

That being said, I really want this to be an authentic podcast, where we truly say what we think, not just rehearsed bias stuff in other radio shows like 1040 for example (Respect the hell out of rick ball tho).

Episode 3 should be even more exciting. We are going to have a double episode (Yesterday and Today) Since we had a week break extra.

Also, We will talk a new prospect or two every single episode. Getting the love they need. Any specific prospect you guys wanna cover?

Overall...This has been way better and much more fun then I had anticipated, we did not expect the overflowing support and mostly kind words during the early podcasts, I have no doubt this is going to be a long term Podcast for all the people ON HF boards and onwards.

:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yeah Luc I think the show is not a natural thing most can step into and do well, but the show should be more fluid an experience for everyone as time goes on. One prospect I am really intrigued by is Cole Cassels, I didn't think much of the pick at the time but I'm really liking it now.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah Luc I think the show is not a natural thing most can step into and do well, but the show should be more fluid an experience for everyone as time goes on. One prospect I am really intrigued by is Cole Cassels, I didn't think much of the pick at the time but I'm really liking it now.

We will try to talk some cole cassels in Episode 3.

I know Josh knows a ton about prospects, he is also a CHL Expert for other prospects also. Guys knows his stuff.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I've spoken to a source re: Barzal and no, wasn't a Canucks fan growing up but would prefer to remain in Vancouver. And I'm sure Konecny would like it here with Bo (second cousin connection? Can't remember the last time I saw mine).

Growing up maybe, this tweet indicates otherwise in the last few years:laugh:

https://twitter.com/Barzal_97/status/219584054083858432

Mathew Barzal
‏@Barzal_97
Garrison's gonna look unreal in a canucks uni #CupRun

5:11 PM - 1 Jul 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad