CanucksCast (Episode 3 Out Now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Weird, I can't seem to get the audio file to play with Chrome or Firefox. Doesn't sound like anyone else is having this problem.

Edit: Just gave it 5 mins to load and it was all good. Jakub sounded like a pro, nice job guys.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Thanks for all the feedback. we didn't really want to go on negative at the beginning just because we are learning this on the fly.

don't worry though you guys know my opinions on certain things that will start ruffling feathers.

LolClarkson*

Thanks for all the feedback. we didn't really want to go on negative at the beginning just because we are learning this on the fly.

don't worry though you guys know my opinions on certain things that will start ruffling feathers.

Good stuff guys. I'm just listening now. The flow of it is way better then I expected.

Keep it up. It should be good when disagreements arise. :D

It is a no CFL zone right ? I can already see myself listening to your show on a long drive rather then "Sekaris and Price"

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Good stuff guys. I'm just listening now. The flow of it is way better then I expected.

Keep it up. It should be good when disagreements arise. :D

It is a no CFL zone right ? I can already see myself listening to your show on a long drive rather then "Sekaris and Price"

That's really flattering. Working with these guys are great, can't wait to see what else we can come up with.

If you guys want specific topics covered, Please post in this thread, and we will talk about it.:yo:

JA

I would also recommend opening a YouTube account to simultaneously host your shows.

Dump the audio file into a video editing program (even Windows Live Movie Maker), render it into a video with perhaps a logo of some sort, then upload it to YouTube after the recording of every show in addition to hosting it on the current site.

Having the podcast available on YouTube makes it more accessible. Spreaker is a good tool; you'll want to make your show available on multiple sites, and having it on YouTube gives you the opportunity to embed the show on forum posts, etc. You can then post each episode here individually. It also gives you the flexibility to add visual content if you so choose. If one of you has a Twitter account, you might want to promote the show through Twitter as well. That said, keep working at it; the more work you put into it and the more experience you receive, the more the show should develop.

I sometimes upload CKNW/TEAM1040 interviews on to one of my YouTube channels to make them accessible. I recommend making use of YouTube:

I would also recommend turning the Skype call volume up as well if that's at all possible; you guys would want to make the volume levels equal for each of you. You may also want an outro. Lengthen the fadeout from your intro a little bit more to make it more seamless.

The first show sounds good. Keep up the good work!

By the way, Knappster, you may want to put the link to the podcast in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoodrychcanuck

Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver
Long time canucks fan and HFboards lurker, podcast was awesome for a first attempt. I will definitely be keeping an eye for more podcasts. Keep it up

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hey everybody!,

We are recording Episode 2 and 3 as we speak. It's going to be a double whammy. I Hope you guys enjoy!.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hey everybody!, Episode 2 is UP!

http://www.spreaker.com/show/canuckscast

Discussions in Episode 2:

Best Player At Summer Camp
Evander Kane Trade Rumors?!
Horvat vs Gaunce (You guys on HF is going to love this segment, just to hear us go back and fourth)
Dane Fox Discussion
Rebuild Or Retool?!
Vrbata Goals?!

(After Episode 3, we are going to take Guests to discuss with us from HF and the canucks media).

If You are Interested on being on the show, Please Post your name in THIS or the Episode 2 thread. And also PM.

Thank you!

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Fantastic Episode. I Really think HF Boards is gonna enjoy the Horvat vs Gaunce Debate.

I think this is what people were waiting for :naughty:

Topics we discussed this Episode.

Best Player At Summer Camp
Evander Kane Trade Rumors?!
Horvat vs Gaunce (You guys on HF is going to love this segment, just to hear us go back and fourth)
Dane Fox Discussion
Rebuild Or Retool?!
Vrbata Goals?!

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Should PM a mod and have this thread stickied guys. Just keep updating on the OP.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
No segment on HF gossip? Hah.

Next week we are specifically going to focus on "Hot" Topics on Canucks Boards.

For a sneak peak, we are talking about.

Is this group of prospects the best we've ever had?
Lack vs Miller
Who has the best chance of making out of Prospects camp and making the canucks.

And much more of course. Requests are welcome and accepted

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Tryamkin wasn't overlooked due to his skating. His skating was decent for a young player his size though as feebster noted, his crossovers look awkward and his gait look awkward also at times iirc. He was overlooked because he's a two year overager and due to the ever present Russian factor though it looks like he's willing to play in the NHL.

It doesn't look like he leans into his slapshot enough and I feel that his wrist shot is analogous to Tanev though with velocity; it's deceptive but not as fast as we might expect for a guy his size. I don't think we'll see him on a powerplay for quite some time until he can get some real power into his shots, which I think will come with some development and practice.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Tryamkin wasn't overlooked due to his skating. His skating was decent for a young player his size though as feebster noted, his crossovers look awkward and his gait look awkward also at times iirc. He was overlooked because he's a two year overager and due to the ever present Russian factor though it looks like he's willing to play in the NHL.

It doesn't look like he leans into his slapshot enough and I feel that his wrist shot is analogous to Tanev though with velocity; it's deceptive but not as fast as we might expect for a guy his size. I don't think we'll see him on a powerplay for quite some time until he can get some real power into his shots, which I think will come with some development and practice.

Yes, skating was never an issue for him, and his shot isen't a cannon yet...but in two, or three years who knows? I se him making the team, or starting in the A, then getting called up, and sticking. a very interesting prospect for sure.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
This podcast is really well done, great job so far!

A huge pro is the fact that you know what you're actually talking about, and not pulling facts out of your ass. It's a breath of fresh air compared to what has been out there in the past.

One con though, I feel you guys change topics really fast, it seems like it's like: Topic 1, talk for two minutes, immediately switch to Topic 2, talk for two minutes, 3, etc.

If you guys are looking for a guest, I'd be interested if you are. I've got some experience having done youtubing, live streaming, and podcasting in the past.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Prob Luc :laugh:

The Horvat hate is laughable.

"Gaunce is better offensively" is where you guys lost credibility.

Ya it was Luc that made the 230lb joke...

And believe me they are entitled too there opinion, but in my mind Horvat has the higher offensive ceiling...without much question(you can tell I was the guy defending Bo haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad