Canucks Training Camp: Day 2 Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I really hope kassian wakes up and plays better tomorrow.

Scottrockztheworld*

the way Garrison has been described... I can't wait to see him myself! :scared:

I think a lot of people wrote Weise off last year for whatever reason. Think he has the chance to be a 3rd liner if he reaches his potential. One of the better waiver wire pick ups in recent Van history.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Cory Schneider - He is one quick *********, His turning from side to side along the posts is lightning quick, was very good positionally, made a few nice saves (no highlight reals like.....)

He had one amazing save straight out of NHL 13. :laugh:
Was down on the ice and reached his paddle across the goal-line to stop the puck (don't remember who was shooting).

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
He had one amazing save straight out of NHL 13. :laugh:
Was down on the ice and reached his paddle across the goal-line to stop the puck (don't remember who was shooting).

I might have missed it, I was near the left side, he was on the right side of the ice lol

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Yeah, I never quite got the hate for Weise last season/this off-season.
He's only 24 and still improving, and is one of the few guys on our team that's willing to drop the gloves.

With the way he's been playing in training camp, I doubt he is a healthy scratch at any point this season.
He's got that 4th line spot locked down.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Also like to mention, Weise was screwing around the the crowd early, flicking pucks at the glass when they were looking down at the phones. Funny stuff.

Pseudonymous*

i never had any complaints about weise, i could tell he had some offensive upside, not much but some.. my only problem was that the guy is the worst fighter possible and i've mentioned on hfboards a ton of times how i COMPLETELY disagree with the whole, it doesn't matter if u win or lose thing. it does. lol starting a fight with a guy that just cheapshooted ur teammate, then also losing doesn't do anything. if i was crushed, i wouldn't want my teammate going up and getting his ass handed to him and boost his ego even more.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
i never had any complaints about weise, i could tell he had some offensive upside, not much but some.. my only problem was that the guy is the worst fighter possible and i've mentioned on hfboards a ton of times how i COMPLETELY disagree with the whole, it doesn't matter if u win or lose thing. it does. lol starting a fight with a guy that just cheapshooted ur teammate, then also losing doesn't do anything. if i was crushed, i wouldn't want my teammate going up and getting his ass handed to him and boost his ego even more.

The only way to get better at fighting is to practice.

The Zookeep

Aug 17, 2006
Could anyone tell me the specifics of the open practices this week? I know there was one today at 11am at Rogers Arena, will this time and place be the same everyday this week?

thanks

HFCanucks

Jan 7, 2013
Also, I asked some of the staff about the tickets for the scrimmages and they said they weren't sure if they were going to use tickets. But that we should check online. If tickets are issued we can print them online or get at the rink.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Could anyone tell me the specifics of the open practices this week? I know there was one today at 11am at Rogers Arena, will this time and place be the same everyday this week?

thanks

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650065

Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today the expected roster and schedule for training camp opening Sunday, January 13th at Rogers Arena. Players will report for medicals and testing followed by media availability beginning at 10:00 am. An on-ice practice session is scheduled for Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm.

On-ice practice sessions and scrimmages at Rogers Arena are open to the public for the duration of training camp. Fans are encouraged to confirm practice times and details online at canucks.com and via the Canucks official Twitter feed, @VanCanucks as daily schedules are subject to change. Information regarding complimentary tickets for night scrimmages will be available online this week on canucks.com. Tickets will be required for access to the building for night scrimmages.

Fans should plan to arrive before the scheduled start of practice and access Rogers Arena via Gate 3. Limited concession service will be available for those in attendance.

Vancouver Canucks 2013 on-ice schedule- open to the public (subject to change)

Sun., Jan. 13 - 3:00 – 3:45 pm - Rogers Arena - Practice

Mon., Jan. 14 - 9:00 am – 12:30 pm - Rogers Arena - Practice

Tues., Jan. 15 - 9:00 am – 12:30 pm- Rogers Arena - Practice

Wed., Jan. 16 - 6:30 – 8:00 pm - Rogers Arena -Scrimmage (Ticket required)

Thurs., Jan. 17 - 6:30 – 8:00 pm - Rogers Arena - Scrimmage (Ticket required)

Fri., Jan. 18 - 11:00 am – 12:00 pm - Rogers Arena - Practice

Today the main group of guys started at 11am, the AHL guys and Corrado started at 9am and finished at 9:45am.
I'm thinking it will be the same tomorrow.

arsmaster*

Everybody prior to this camp wanted to throw Weise away, I still feel he'll be a 3rd liner on this team, and will cement himself as a fan favourite before long.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Everybody prior to this camp wanted to throw Weise away, I still feel he'll be a 3rd liner on this team, and will cement himself as a fan favourite before long.

I don't know about 3rd liner, but I think he can become a very good 4th liner, and can fill in on the 3rd line if needed.

Pseudonymous*

The only way to get better at fighting is to practice.

maybe. lapierre has shown progression. but maybe because lapierre never fought before

i get the feeling weise has fought all throughout his career though no? you'd think by now, he'd be decent.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I think it's disappointing/confusing that Rogers Arena has been basically empty for the open practices while buildings all across the league are packed with thousands of fans showing up. There's more buzz in Columbus right now judging from their pictures than there is here. Even on a Sunday the building was largely empty. I don't know if the people just don't care anymore or what.

Seriously? Getting past the lack of publicity the Canucks have given training camp, how is this surprising at all? Remember that lockout, I know it was SO long ago...I think some people are a bit bitter they're not gonna run to Roger's Arena the second it opens to suck every Canuck's dick..

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Really excited everyone seems to be noticing Garrison ... should completely solidify our top four. Sounds like a more physical version of Salo. Assuming Kassian is still battling that back problem as mentioned. Everything seems pretty good except that second line, which sounds terrible.

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
Hopefully our D will stay healthy this year. Kinda worried about the second line but if Kesler recovers, it ought to be fine... we'll see I guess.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops

I think people started (for some odd reason) never loved him because he wasn't the goon they thought he was? I like his hustle, good work in the D zone, could be a solid PK....what else do we want from a waiver wire guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad