Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Jensen will not be attending.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
For #canucks fans wondering, Nicklas Jensen will not be attending training camp. He'll remain in Sweden.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I think I read in the Prospect Thread that his season in Sweden ends March 5th, so we will likely see him then.

Jumex

Dec 17, 2009
Salisbury, UK
No Jensen per Murph.

“@sportsnetmurph: For #canucks fans wondering, Nicklas Jensen will not be attending training camp. He'll remain in Sweden.â€

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Plaby-by-Play voice of the Chicago Wolves tweeted something of note:

Jason Shaver ‏@theshaves
Wolves coaches & management are prepared to lose 5 players to Vancouver now that the lockout has ended. 3 Forwards 2 Defenseman.

I assume that would be Kassian, Ebbett, Schroeder, Tanev & Connauton?

I would be surprised if 4 forwards didn't get called to camp. Gotta think that Pinnozotto would too? (Unless there's an injury that I missed)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Plaby-by-Play voice of the Chicago Wolves tweeted something of note:

Jason Shaver ‏@theshaves
Wolves coaches & management are prepared to lose 5 players to Vancouver now that the lockout has ended. 3 Forwards 2 Defenseman.

I assume that would be Kassian, Ebbett, Schroeder, Tanev & Connauton?

I think the 2nd d-man could be Joslin.

And does anyone know how long Pinizzotto will be injured? He has been playing great in the AHL and was supposed to play in the NHL last year.

Crows*

I totally forgott about the arnott rumors! Bring him in for sure. Insurance if kesler will be out

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This is one year I won't mind sucking. Good draft pick, minimal suffering, reload next year for a full 82 with all hands on deck.

Obviously I want to win, but the alternative isn't as bad as usual.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound

And does anyone know how long Pinizzotto will be injured? He has been playing great in the AHL and was supposed to play in the NHL last year.

I was wondering about Pinnozotto too. Good point re: Joslin as well.

The funny thing is that the Wolves are in Abby on Friday & Saturday. If someone gets cut from camp early on, they can just take a cab to the Valley and get back at er'.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
God, no Arnott please. As if Pahlsson wasn't old enough.

I'm on the fence regarding Arnott. Great leader, tons of experience, great faceoff guy etc... but he's long in the tooth now.

I'd be happy with a PTO or a super bargain 1 year deal at most. Depth is never a bad thing.

I REALLY want to see Jim Vandermeer get a deal. He's been skating with some of the Canucks and already stated publicly that he'd love to sign in Vancouver, and isn't looking for a big payday (or something to that effect). His toughness and the added depth are worth it IMO. Plus he's a great team guy, awesome in the Community (Big advocate for Children's charities) and best of all... he punched Milan Lucic in the face multiple times.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Dan Ellis get a PTO either, unless someone offers him a guaranteed deal before camp.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Bingo. Tanev and Joslin are the defenders; I would guess that Kassian, Schroeder and Ebbett are the forwards.

No timeframe for Kesler at this stage, so a big opportunity for Schroeder.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I hope Schroeder can step up, am mildly nervous about Lapierre or Malhotra playing 2C for any extended period of time. He has been on quite the year in Chicago recently. *fingers crossed*

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I'd rather not see Arnott get a contract, but to put the fear of god into some of the kids, I wouldn't mind a camp invite. He looked old and slow last year. With three months of hockey season already lost to the lockout, I can't imagine how long it'd take for him to be at regular season speed.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Bingo. Tanev and Joslin are the defenders; I would guess that Kassian, Schroeder and Ebbett are the forwards.

No timeframe for Kesler at this stage, so a big opportunity for Schroeder.

Yuup, this is pretty much the best case scenario for Schroeder. He's in game shape, has been playing meaningful games and should have a headstart on his peers. If he can't get things going in this environment, I'm going to move my hand toward the panic button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->