Canucks Trade Deadline - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Doug Maclean just said on Sportsnet that Dave Nonis called him when Nonis was with the Canucks and offered Cory Schneider for Gilbert Brule!

Maclean said no...

Man Nonis would have looked like a dope.

I think Lawton saying he turned down something around Giroux for Paul Ranger was even funnier. Reason these guys are not GMs anymore.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Doug Maclean just said on Sportsnet that Dave Nonis called him when Nonis was with the Canucks and offered Cory Schneider for Gilbert Brule!

Maclean said no...

Depends on when the deal was, I think Brule was salvageable after his first year and a bit, but CBJ absolutely blew it with his development.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd still like Goc and Weaver from Florida. That would complete our team if you ask me. We would have 3 lines that can score with some amazing depth.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Roy-Higgins
Wiese-Goc-Lapierre
Schroeder

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Ballard
Weaver,Alberts

Schneider
Luongo

Very balanced, and extremely deep at center.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'd still like Goc and Weaver from Florida. That would complete our team if you ask me. We would have 3 lines that can score with some amazing depth.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Roy-Higgins
Wiese-Goc-Lapierre
Schroeder

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Ballard
Weaver,Alberts

Schneider
Luongo

Very balanced, and extremely deep at center.

Would rather acquire another top 6 offensive winger rather than wasting assets acquiring Goc to play on the 4th line.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I'd still like Goc and Weaver from Florida.

Me too. Not because they would have the same impact as a guuy like Pominville, but because we could bring them in and still have cap space to re-sign Roy. Adding 2 veterans like Goc and Weaver could have a similar impact as when Gillis brought in Higgins/Lapierre.

Raffi Torres would make sense for similar reasons. Would be nice to have some physicality and goalscoring on the 4th line. Might look good with Lapierre and Kassian...

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
I would like to see:

Sedin | Sedin | Burrows
Pomminville | Roy | Kesler
Higgins | Schroeder | Hansen (Raymond traded)
Torres | Lappierre | Kassian

Hamhuis | Bieksa
Edler | Garrison
Gardiner | Tanev

That would be ideal.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Maclean said no...

To be fair, things could have gone a lot differently if both players developed with different teams. Maybe Gilbert realizes his potential and becomes a top-6 forward, while Schneider is rushed into the NHL in typical MacLean fashion and has his confidence shattered early on. Or not.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
My wish for tomorrow:

From PHX: B. Gordon, R. Torres, (D. Morris if we don't get Erhhoff)
From BUF: S. Ott, C. Erhoff, (possibly Pominville)

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I would like to see:

Sedin | Sedin | Burrows
Pomminville | Roy | Kesler
Higgins | Schroeder | Hansen (Raymond traded)
Torres | Lappierre | Kassian

Hamhuis | Bieksa
Edler | Garrison
Gardiner | Tanev

That would be ideal.

And let Roy walk after the playoffs? That's not ideal if he's willing to sign a reasonable contract...

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Would rather acquire another top 6 offensive winger rather than wasting assets acquiring Goc to play on the 4th line.

Yup, I'd prefer to add in another top 9 forward, preferable another legit top 6 forward, it also provides the trickle down effect where all the other players(outside of the first line) move down a line and helps with depth too. Clowe would have been nice(I know he has zero goals but apparently he's looked a lot better in recent games after playing through an injury). Someone with a top 6 skill set would be great, or a top 9 forward with skill and some sandpaper would be nice as well.

I wonder if someone like Antoine Vermette from Phoenix would be available. He can play PP, PK, Center, Wing and is a pretty solid all-around player.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
My wish for tomorrow:

From PHX: B. Gordon, R. Torres, (D. Morris if we don't get Erhhoff)
From BUF: S. Ott, C. Erhoff, (possibly Pominville)

tumblr_m6z9v4jT9j1qf0mnn.gif

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Torres shouldnt be a stretch

Torres should be a very viable acquisition tomorrow

Lets Get Torres

TORRES

TORRES

TORRES

did we sign Torres yet????

kammyBlazer*

I would like to see torres come back and take some runs at players. Preferably Duncan Keith.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
No idea why people are so obsessed with Torres. There are lots of better players that don't come with any of the potential baggage that Torres does. Just don't know why people are keying in on this so much.

Hell, if the Canucks were picking up a bottom 6 player from Phoenix, I'd rather overpay for BoGo and then move Roy up to the 2nd line...

kammyBlazer*

No idea why people are so obsessed with Torres. There are lots of better players that don't come with any of the potential baggage that Torres does. Just don't know why people are keying in on this so much.

Hell, if the Canucks were picking up a bottom 6 player from Phoenix, I'd rather overpay for BoGo and then move Roy up to the 2nd line...

because he skates his ass off and runs people over. Something needed in the playoffs.

TheDiver*

Torres shouldnt be a stretch

Torres should be a very viable acquisition tomorrow

Lets Get Torres

TORRES

TORRES

TORRES

did we sign Torres yet????

I remember reading that the reason they didn't re-sign wa because the Canucks' collection of nice guys (Higgins, Raymond, Sedins, Schneider, Hamhuis, etc.) found him to be kind of a dirty, rude, boorish guy.

Wasn't that why Higgins considered not re-signing?

I would love to see Torres back. Put him on a line with Lapierre and Kassian. Best 4th line in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad