Canucks Trade Deadline - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Who else is reading twitter with dread? With the rumored price, I'm crossing my fingers for NYR.

roy was thought to be more expensive too. if he's a rental and vancouver knows it, and they get it for something like i said, i'm ok with that. maybe

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
Also worth noting is that there's apparently a rift between him and the San Jose player leadership (Thornton and Marleau). So he may relish a chance to go to a rival and stick it to them.

but really, i think we're grasping at straws here. New York or Vancouver? The answer is always gonna be New York.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Who else is reading twitter with dread? With the rumored price, I'm crossing my fingers for NYR.

I'd be willing to do anything that doesn't include Jensen, Corrado, or Kassian at this point. Like a 2nd and a prospect not one of those three, or a 1st and midling prospect like Andersson or Polasek.

Peter Bazooka

Jan 17, 2010
Also worth noting is that there's apparently a rift between him and the San Jose player leadership (Thornton and Marleau). So he may relish a chance to go to a rival and stick it to them.

but really, i think we're grasping at straws here. New York or Vancouver? The answer is always gonna be New York.

Not if you're Mats Sundin.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
This is essentially where I'm at.

If the deal doesn't include Jensen, Kassian, Corrado, Gaunce, Schroeder, Lack, or a roster player, I'm fine with whatever it is (including a 1st).

If it does, I hope he picks NYR.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
No ****, I don't want Clowe here either.

The only guys (rentals) worth a 1st were Jagr and Iginla. Nobody else.

There's a reason why a playoff bubble team like SJ is getting rid of him. He's got zero goals and he's slow.

This is like the Ballard syndrome - getting enamoured with one facet of Clowe's game (toughness/fighting) while overlooking the whole picture.

Getting Kassian back healthy makes Clowe redundant.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
You're the worst kind of fan.

I disagree. I've stuck with the Canucks far past my join date, and I have been here for the highs, the lows and even lower. The direction the Canucks have gone since 2011 has been the most frustrating path imaginable.

I will not be giving up on the Canucks, but my fandom has certainly been dwindling.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Rumor has the asking price being a few picks and one of them being conditional (I'm assuming it would become a first) if Clowe's new team reaches the SCF or Conference Final.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 12m

I would suspect SJ will get some draft picks, including additional or conditional pics, if Clowe re-signs with team that acquires him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad