Rumor: Canucks Targeting Dante Fabbro

lawrence

May 19, 2012
the Canucks could do that, but every other team in the league would get to try and sign him as well

Fabbro is really good

but if he knows every team is willing to sign him , why risk an player for him?

Yes I do know he has tides to Vancouver, but yea just sayin, why cough up assets for him, when we know he wants to come home to play for his team right?

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Gaudette for Fabbro is probably a loss for Nashville
Madden for Fabbro is definitely a loss for Nashville

Gaudette + 2nd would probably be something for them to consider

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

Gaudette is a top 5 Canucks prospect in his 1st pro year.

Fabbro is unproven at this point.would love him on the Canucks but not for Gaudette.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

In that case, I think Benning would fart in the receiver and hang up.

No big deal.

Fabbri's a good prospect but upon further reflection, I like the Canucks having both Madden and Gaudette in the fold.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

theres really no point vancouver prospects get hyped up more here than even toronto prospects. gaudette looked good once they drafted him but hes 22 right now, hes not some teenager having a good year back abd forth from the nhl

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
I could see Sutter being involved

I also have a feeling that Virtanen could be moved for a player like this as well... not that I’m eager to see virtanen go. But Van has other depth wingers they could use... they Need to find RHD with offensive upside, and PPQB potential. Fabbro checks those boxes

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017

I don't know that the difference between Gaudette and Fabbro is a 2nd. I agree that there would likely be an add, but I wouldn't take a top 40 pick out of JB's hands after the drafts he has had recent years. I think the farthest I'd go would be Gaudette and a 4th.

I'd be surprised if Nashville trades him for futures/prospects though. My guess would be a deal for immediate help this year.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
but if he knows every team is willing to sign him , why risk an player for him?

Yes I do know he has tides to Vancouver, but yea just sayin, why cough up assets for him, when we know he wants to come home to play for his team right?

you give up assets to make sure you get your guy, as far as I've heard, nobody knows he wants to play only in Vancouver

lawrence

May 19, 2012
you give up assets to make sure you get your guy, as far as I've heard, nobody knows he wants to play only in Vancouver

fair enough but this trade is done upon him wanting to sign with Vancouver or some sort of verbal agreement. for all we can do is trade for his rights and he says... "mmmmm, nah, I am still going to try free agency"

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
fair enough but this trade is done upon him wanting to sign with Vancouver or some sort of verbal agreement. for all we can do is trade for his rights and he says... "mmmmm, nah, I am still going to try free agency"

The reason reported that he is hesitant to stick with Nashville is their exceptional defense at both the NHL level and their quality D prospects, he would likely have a walk on position in the NHL today in the Canucks top 4 so resigning him wouldn't be an issue.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Fabbro for Gaudette is fair considering Fabbro may not even sign with the Preds.

And that's why it isn't fair. Why would the Canucks trade a player who is already signed and looking like he's going to be a very solid bottom 6 player for an unsigned prospect who has the right to not sign and walk away for nothing?

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
No chance we do that with how Madden has been trending...
Canucks do that every day, Fabbro is a better prospect at a much more needed position.

And that's why it isn't fair. Why would the Canucks trade a player who is already signed and looking like he's going to be a very solid bottom 6 player for an unsigned prospect who has the right to not sign and walk away for nothing?
Fabbro isn´t an UFa until Aug 15 2020 do you really think he is going to loose on year of salary and 2 years of contract for that. First rounder almost always sign with their draft team.

I wouldn't trade Gaudette for him, bu I would trade Madden easily.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I could see Sutter being involved

I also have a feeling that Virtanen could be moved for a player like this as well... not that I’m eager to see virtanen go. But Van has other depth wingers they could use... they Need to find RHD with offensive upside, and PPQB potential. Fabbro checks those boxes

Not with Turris, Bonino, Sissons, Jarnkrok and Gaudreau capable of playing 2-4C.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Gaudette for Fabbro would be hard to stomach.

Juolevi for Fabbro maybe. Canucks can just wait it out though.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Canucks do that every day, Fabbro is a better prospect at a much more needed position.

Fabbro isn´t an UFa until Aug 15 2020 do you really think he is going to loose on year of salary and 2 years of contract for that. First rounder almost always sign with their draft team.

I wouldn't trade Gaudette for him, bu I would trade Madden easily.

He's a college player. You don't make that trade unless you have a deal in place. There is a reason the Preds are even shopping him. If a college player decides he doesn't want to sign there is nothing the team can do about it. Vancouver doesn't make that deal without a contract in place.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
He's a college player. You don't make that trade unless you have a deal in place. There is a reason the Preds are even shopping him. If a college player decides he doesn't want to sign there is nothing the team can do about it. Vancouver doesn't make that deal without a contract in place.
The Preds aren't shopping him, the article says that the Canucks are targeting him, so there is that. He wanted to stay another year in College, but I'm going to bet that he signs when his college season is over.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I’m not sure why we would trade one of our young NHLers for a guy who might not sign with us either unless there was some sort of assurances from Fabbro’s camp that he would sign in Van.

Im trying to think of a situation where the rights to an unsigned college player has been traded straight up for an NHL player.Only one I can think of is Burke trading the rights to RJ Umberger to the Rangers for a soon to be UFA Martin Rucinsky who was basically a rental and walked after the season ended.IIRC,Vancouver also included an NHL player in that deal along with Umberger so that’s not an actual example.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i have not scouted fabbro in a while but to me it's about progression. unless fabbro is playing better than i have heard i would not move madden or gaudette for him let alone add. he may still be a better prospect on paper than either of them, but he has less momentum to indicate his ceiling is high.

gaudette has steadily progressed since his draft. he earned nhl minutes as a call up above expectations this year and is ppg in the ahl as a rookie. he has obvious drive that still shows at the nhl level.

madden is shot out of a cannon as an ncaa rookie playing almost ppg. he has exceeded his ushl stats last year in 2/3 the ncaa games and featured at the wjc. that is progression. he's doing that on a northeasten team with no other draft picks in their top 10 scoring that was not supposed to contend this year for anything.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Do you think Fabbro will wait and loose a year of salary, plus a year before he can sign his second contract.
He can negotiate a 3 year deal this year with Nashville or a 2 year deal as an unsigned UFA. He only loses the last potion of this season's worth of rookie salary. Insofar as future salary, he may see his best chance at a fat cheque as going to whichever team gives him the biggest opportunity in his first couple of seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad