Rumor: Canucks Targeting Dante Fabbro

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
He can negotiate a 3 year deal this year with Nashville or a 2 year deal as an unsigned UFA. He only loses the last potion of this season's worth of rookie salary. Insofar as future salary, he may see his best chance at a fat cheque as going to whichever team gives him the biggest opportunity in his first couple of seasons.
3 years signed 18-19 , 19-20, 20-21 burns a year this year gets his second contract in 21-22.

Stays in school signs a 2 year contract 20-21, 21-22. Second contract in 22-23

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
3 years signed 18-19 , 19-20, 20-21 burns a year this year gets his second contract in 21-22.

Stays in school signs a 2 year contract 20-21, 21-22. Second contract in 22-23
Yes my mistake, I thought this was Fabbro's fourth year.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I could see Sutter being involved

I also have a feeling that Virtanen could be moved for a player like this as well... not that I’m eager to see virtanen go. But Van has other depth wingers they could use... they Need to find RHD with offensive upside, and PPQB potential. Fabbro checks those boxes

Why do you think Nashville would be at all interested in moving at minimum their second best prospect for Sutter and/or Virtanen? Because we're not.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
And that's why it isn't fair. Why would the Canucks trade a player who is already signed and looking like he's going to be a very solid bottom 6 player for an unsigned prospect who has the right to not sign and walk away for nothing?

He's from Vancouver and he would get top 4 minutes immediately on the team. There's like no better fit. He would slot behind Tanev on the RHD depth chart. There's no way he wouldn't sign with VAN.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He's from Vancouver and he would get top 4 minutes immediately on the team. There's like no better fit. He would slot behind Tanev on the RHD depth chart. There's no way he wouldn't sign with VAN.

Your entire argument is based on assumptions. None of us knows what he would or wouldn't do. No team in the league makes a trade for him unless there is a contract in place. That much is certain.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Your entire argument is based on assumptions. None of us knows what he would or wouldn't do. No team in the league makes a trade for him unless there is a contract in place. That much is certain.

Not every assumption has equal weight. It's not like it's a 50/50 chance. I'd easily do the deal to obtain his rights. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign. More money, hometown team, large role immediately.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Keep hearing (from HF) that preds want a top 6 fw, no picks/ prospects... so with that said who are you wanting? Curious to see if there’s a player out there you’d realistically target in a trade AND would accepted by other team..

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Not every assumption has equal weight. It's not like it's a 50/50 chance. I'd easily do the deal to obtain his rights. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign. More money, hometown team, large role immediately.

This is exactly why you aren't a GM in anything other than EHM. You don't spend assets on chance. Again, you're entire argument and opinion is based on assumptions. No team in the league makes this trade without a contract in place.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
i have not scouted fabbro in a while but to me it's about progression. unless fabbro is playing better than i have heard i would not move madden or gaudette for him let alone add. he may still be a better prospect on paper than either of them, but he has less momentum to indicate his ceiling is high.

gaudette has steadily progressed since his draft. he earned nhl minutes as a call up above expectations this year and is ppg in the ahl as a rookie. he has obvious drive that still shows at the nhl level.

madden is shot out of a cannon as an ncaa rookie playing almost ppg. he has exceeded his ushl stats last year in 2/3 the ncaa games and featured at the wjc. that is progression. he's doing that on a northeasten team with no other draft picks in their top 10 scoring that was not supposed to contend this year for anything.

And Madden just schooled Fabbro last night aha, skated around him like nothing.

member 290103

Must we go through this again?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012

Thank you for putting this up....seen it this morning on CDC

Yeah, so Madden is a 1 1/2 years young...makes the first line in his first year

Also might want to check this out...………

Butch's List of the top 175 Drafted Prospects

He has Fabbro ranked at 76 and Madden at 83, and that was before the Bean Pot

Man he beat Fabbro bad!

Reactions: lawrence and skyo

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest

I mean.. thats hardly schooled. The deke was nice but fabbro was going down to block the passing lane regardless of the dangle. He kept madden to the outside and forced a low % shot. Id say he did his job as a pker.

On watching more it did give madden a clear lane to cut into the slot which he didnt utilize. But still, not that egregious nor relevant to this thread.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
If the price exceeds an NHL roster player than I’m out! He’s an unsigned NCAA player quickly approaching his 4th college season! If I can’t get him for Goldobin straight up it’s not worth it! Rather wait another season and just try to add Fabbro to Woo for free as the future of the RD!
exactly. Look at our track record with College players. We have no problem signing the ones we draft and Hutton Tanev Stechetc as free agents plus fabbro is a local kid with the chance of being a top 2 RHD unless we sign EK lol I think we end landing fox as well Rathbone working his voodoo on him

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
exactly. Look at our track record with College players. We have no problem signing the ones we draft and Hutton Tanev Stechetc as free agents plus fabbro is a local kid with the chance of being a top 2 RHD unless we sign EK lol I think we end landing fox as well Rathbone working his voodoo on him

Hutton was a 5th round pick in 2012

Lil

Feb 13, 2016
Gotham
Would not give much for Fabbro. B.C. kid who probably will sign with us anyway next year. I might throw something there for the Preds. They likely do not want picks/prospects and would like a forward who can help in-return. Granlund + something might do it. Maybe even Gagner.

Preds have no leverage and the Canucks can just wait.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I mean.. thats hardly schooled. The deke was nice but fabbro was going down to block the passing lane regardless of the dangle. He kept madden to the outside and forced a low % shot. Id say he did his job as a pker.

On watching more it did give madden a clear lane to cut into the slot which he didnt utilize. But still, not that egregious nor relevant to this thread.

Ahaha!

No, Madden showed shot, Fabbro bought it, went down and Madden dangled around him...….you don't commit to go down to block a shot if it isn't shown, otherwise everyone would just be laying down on the ice...

Well played by Madden, the rest of the play is irrelevant, except to say, that once Madden walked around him, Fabbro's team was down one more guy until Fabbro got back in the play......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad