Rumor: Canucks Targeting Dante Fabbro

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Sportsnet 650 Am morning crew which includes Rick Dhalliwal, reported that the Canucks have a strong interest on Nashville unsigned college Dman Dante Fabbro. They added that Fabbro is the age range the Canucks want when acquiring a player as it fits their core group and they are looking for players like Fabbro. Dman under 24 yrs old

Fabbro is in his 3rd yr at Boston College. He has been reluctant to sign with Nashville thus far, probably because he sees that Nashville has Ekholm Josi Subban Ellis. If Fabbro plays his Senior season next year then he is eligible to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in summer 2020. He has 21 pts in 23 games this season.

Fabbro checks off alot of boxes for Canucks so this makes a ton of sense as to why their targetting him .

- Right Shot
- Dman
- 2 way puck mover
- size
- local boy, born/raised in lower mainland BC
- 20 yrs old

Im not aware of Nashville's needs for their playoff push.

Please for the sake of the thread lets not argue whether or not Fabbro is going to re sign w. Nashville.

Lets just speculate as to what the return would be if Nashville traded him.

Canuck Assets:

1st rnd pick 2020
2nd rnd pick 2019
Edler
Tanev
Hutton
Goldobin
Baertschi
Sutter

Prospects id Move for Fabbro:

Adam Gaudette
Tyler Madden
Jett Woo
Olli Juolevi
Jonathan Dahlan
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro
Jonah Gadjovich
Jack Rathbone

Ill upload the podcast when the show finishes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's reluctant to sign probably because once he does he has to turn pro. A lot of guys that go the NCAA route take all 4 years in at college

Reactions: irunthepeg

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think it could go either way with Fabbro right now. He's apparently a Preds fan who's sister goes to school here and if we fail in the playoffs this year we might think about moving Ellis or Subban which opens up a slot in the line-up for him.

On the other hand, I can certainly see him being dangled to add a piece for a cup run, having said that it'd be really disappointing to trade one of our only two above average prospects for a small rental piece. The picks aren't going to happen if that's the case, and if we deal for a bottom pairing defenseman we'll bring one in for a lot cheaper than Fabbro. Sutter or Baertschi would be very disappointing if that were the deal.

Reactions: Tex76

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I honestly wouldn’t trade fabbro for anything cup run related. Our defense pipeline is thin once you get past him and allard. I would do a defensive prospect swap so Woo or Juolevi. Not sure what Adds from either side would need be.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think it could go either way with Fabbro right now. He's apparently a Preds fan who's sister goes to school here and if we fail in the playoffs this year we might think about moving Ellis or Subban which opens up a slot in the line-up for him.

On the other hand, I can certainly see him being dangled to add a piece for a cup run, having said that it'd be really disappointing to trade one of our only two above average prospects for a small rental piece. The picks aren't going to happen if that's the case, and if we deal for a bottom pairing defenseman we'll bring one in for a lot cheaper than Fabbro. Sutter or Baertschi would be very disappointing if that were the deal.

What does the Preds need or could be looking for ?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If Fabbro is made available which Im not so sure he will be there will be a lot of teams after him including Detroit.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI

Met her on Broadway one night haha pretty sure she plays soccer at one of those schools around there. Maybe Belmont

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
From what I've heard Fabbro would happily sign with Nashville, just saying

Weber was his favourite player growing up, Nashville his favourite team, and he has raved about their development system

I honestly think he is more likely to sign with them than almost any team that would acquire him... Fabbro is good but its not like 3rd pair duties are below him as a starting point. Lots of 3rd pair guys play big roles and if he is good enough he will take on more minutes

All that said, he is a good trade chip and I think he could be available... I just dont think the whole "free agent" thing is something the Preds are or should be particularly worried about

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
His rights aren't really worth much besides I think the whole premise of this thread is silly. These players are ultimately in it to win it, and Fabbro is probably going to walk onto one of the few contenders in the leagues 3rd pairing, likely next to Dan Hamhuis. He could get his name on the Cup this June. I just don't see anyway he forces UFA after playing his Senior year at BU.

Also, if I had to guess this is more speculation than reporting actual interest.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I swear to god if we lose another prospect to the NCAA route...

And we're pretty much guaranteed to lose a top-4 d-man due to the Seattle expansion draft, so he'll get a nice spot if he stays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad