Rumor: Canucks Targeting Dante Fabbro

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Are the Canucks targeting Fabbro like this.....???

giphy.gif

member 290103

This. But it's not even overpayment. It's just his value. You can't just get a player from a team for a handful of garbage with little substance. Goldoblin, insert random C grade prospect, and a 3rd rounder is garbage proposal.

This thread is down right embarassing for Canuck's fans.

A package around Goldoblin? **** off. Virtanen? He's not worth too much either. There's players available with Virtanen's skill for next to nothing everywhere. (The only thing he has on them is the very slight chance he improves significantly.)

What players are available with Virtanen's skill set everywhere? I am interested.

Reactions: Cogburn

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I feel deeply saddened over what I’m about to suggest, but would an

Adam Gaudette for Dante Fabbro be fair value for both teams?

I love Gaudette, but the Canucks have a far bigger need on RD than at Center. The Canucks are relatively deep down the middle and on right wing, and so perhaps Fabbro would suit Vancouver’s needs far more?

I haven’t studied Nashville’s roster very much but I think they are quite deep on defense. Might not be much of an opportunity for Fabbro there.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
One time I was at a game in Vancouver, I think it was a couple years ago. Definitely after Fabbro was drafted. Anyways, my friends and I had drank a ton prior to the game and went to our seats. Some middle aged lady was next to me, we started talking. It was Dante Fabbro's mom. She mentioned his name, I recognized it, and said he probably had a great career ahead of him as Florida's future goalie. She looked at me weird, corrected me, and my friends died laughing. True story.

Given you are an Islanders fan you should have asked about Barzal, from my memory I believe I heard a story how they were rather close as kids

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Given you are an Islanders fan you should have asked about Barzal, from my memory I believe I heard a story how they were rather close as kids

6 years ago, I was living in Toronto and went to a Leafs/Bruins game. I brought a sign in with that said, “I’m still bitter. Go Canucks go!” The elderly lady beside me saw my sign and had a great laugh. She asked me if I was from Vancouver. We spoke for a bit and she told me that she was Tyler Seguin’s grandmother.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I haven’t studied Nashville’s roster very much but I think they are quite deep on defense. Might not be much of an opportunity for Fabbro there.

That much is obvious. He would come in as a 5/6 probably playing with Hamhuis at which point he just needs to wait til one of the Dmen is moved ( probably Subban or Ellis) prior to the Seattle draft. At that point he has the chance to move into the top 4 probably playing with either Josi or Ekholm.

The odds of him being buried in the AHL or our #6 for very long are pretty slim unless he just doesn't play well.

You will know what Poile thinks when the trade deadline hits. If he moves him he either thinks he is going the UFA route or he isnt that good, take your pick.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I feel deeply saddened over what I’m about to suggest, but would an

Adam Gaudette for Dante Fabbro be fair value for both teams?

I love Gaudette, but the Canucks have a far bigger need on RD than at Center. The Canucks are relatively deep down the middle and on right wing, and so perhaps Fabbro would suit Vancouver’s needs far more?

Don’t think I would do that. Gaudette is too damn good.

I’d do it for Madden though.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
why would they, bad deal for them

That’s kind of what I figured as well but wasn’t sure. It’s often tough to gauge value. My original proposal was Gaudette for Fabbro, but I’ll be completely honest. I would likely cry like a little school girl if the Canucks traded Gaudette.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
What players are available with Virtanen's skill set everywhere? I am interested.

I never said there were players available with Virtanen's skill set. (Although there probably is.)

Ask again with reading comprehension and, sure, I'll show you a list of players with equivalent skill readily available.

I like Virtanen, but you're kidding yourself if you think there isn't a small army of players around that could fill his shoes. He doesn't get you Fabbro. His small and unlikely chance he develops into much more doesn't add anything of consequence either.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That much is obvious. He would come in as a 5/6 probably playing with Hamhuis at which point he just needs to wait til one of the Dmen is moved ( probably Subban or Ellis) prior to the Seattle draft. At that point he has the chance to move into the top 4 probably playing with either Josi or Ekholm.

The odds of him being buried in the AHL or our #6 for very long are pretty slim unless he just doesn't play well.

You will know what Poile thinks when the trade deadline hits. If he moves him he either thinks he is going the UFA route or he isnt that good, take your pick.

Exactly. If he performs like a true top-4 d-man then that is exactly what he will get and either Subban or Ellis is gone.

member 290103

I never said there were players available with Virtanen's skill set. (Although there probably is.)

Ask again with reading comprehension and, sure, I'll show you a list of players with equivalent skill readily available.

I like Virtanen, but you're kidding yourself if you think there isn't a small army of players around that could fill his shoes. He doesn't get you Fabbro. His small and unlikely chance he develops into much more doesn't add anything of
consequence either.

Here is an exact quote from your post "There's players available with Virtanen's skill for next to nothing everywhere." How is that markedly different when you add the word "set?"

Maybe shore up on your understanding of the English language, champ.

Please provide me the list of players that are available everywhere (your words) that have these skills, ok, doesn’t have to be this skill set, but needs to be a player that has a collection of all these same skills. Lol:

-among the fastest skaters in the NHL
-weigh well over 200lbs
-strong enough on their skates to take out anyone physically
-at or near top of team in hits
-laser of a shot

List please.

While your right that Virtanens upside is an integral piece to his value, you are out of your mind if you think players with these types of skills are available, as you say, “everywhere.” They aren’t.

Last edited by a moderator:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Don’t think I would do that. Gaudette is too damn good.

I’d do it for Madden though.

I like Gaudette too but you have to give to get.

Gaudette's absolute ceiling is a 2C but will likely top out as a 3C. He's also already 22 years-old, so we'd be stupid to turn down a trade that would net us a 20 year-old RHD that's projecting to be a top 4 guy.

Doubt Preds fans would have any interest in this.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I like Gaudette too but you have to give to get.

Gaudette's absolute ceiling is a 2C but will likely top out as a 3C. He's also already 22 years-old, so we'd be stupid to turn down a trade that would net us a 20 year-old RHD that's projecting to be a top 4 guy.

Doubt Preds fans would have any interest in this.
If we can get Fabbro for anyone not named EP, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes and our 1st rd pick we do it. Preds will not move Fabbro unless they cannot sign him though.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I don't know, he's really one of our few pieces we can use to land a big player. I think he's on the table for a Duchene or Stone.
It's possible as anything is but that's not how Poile does business. Only way I see them trading Fabbro for one of those is with an extension signed before trade.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Speaking about the player specifically, but he really looks to be hitting his stride in development. I hope we sign him and play him this year. He gives us a lot of flexibility with the expansion draft.

Reactions: preds1

lawrence

May 19, 2012
why can't we just sign him "IF" he becomes available like what happened to Shultz , Vessy, Kerfoot.?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
why can't we just sign him "IF" he becomes available like what happened to Shultz , Vessy, Kerfoot.?

the Canucks could do that, but every other team in the league would get to try and sign him as well

Madden is putting up a nice freshman season. Wouldn't move him for an overrated prospect like Fabbro. :laugh:

Fabbro is really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad