Rumor: Canucks Targeting Dante Fabbro

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Preds need to return another DMan + pick/young forward.

Recent moves by the Pred has emptied a large portion of their Farm. Fabbro might be blocked, but they have few other options should a DMan be traded or injured. A young cost controlled forward on the 3rd or 4th line would help in the playoff puch.

Fabbro
2019-3rd

for

Goldobin
Woo
If the price exceeds an NHL roster player than I’m out! He’s an unsigned NCAA player quickly approaching his 4th college season! If I can’t get him for Goldobin straight up it’s not worth it! Rather wait another season and just try to add Fabbro to Woo for free as the future of the RD!

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Nashville fans say their farm prospects are low.....

Vancouver offers one of 3

1. Dahlen + Brisebois + DiPietro
2. Hutton + Lockwood + Goldobin
3. Baertschi + Rathbone + 2020 2nd

for

Fabbro
The only prospect I’m really high on is MDP here, but man this is bending Vancouver over! He’s an unsigned NCAA player with only 1 year to go before he’s free to sign where he wants! This is utterly awful!

Reactions: Canucks LB

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Nashville hasn’t signed him because they want to keep him ED exempt.

If he turns pro next year then he will be exempt

Nashville has 4 vet D they likely need to go 7-3-1 in protection so I can see them trading one of the 4 before ED
If they wait until next season what’s the point in him signing? He can easily just wait until August and choose where he wants to play? What makes Nashville with their 17 defenceman signed until 2022 really got over other teams in terms of playing time?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Nashville fans say their farm prospects are low.....

Vancouver offers one of 3

1. Dahlen + Brisebois + DiPietro
2. Hutton + Lockwood + Goldobin
3. Baertschi + Rathbone + 2020 2nd

for

Fabbro

that is the worst thing i have read here in a while. i wouldn't do a few of those guys 1 for 1.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If they wait until next season what’s the point in him signing? He can easily just wait until August and choose where he wants to play? What makes Nashville with their 17 defenceman signed until 2022 really got over other teams in terms of playing time?

Josi us a UFA in 2020 in 2022 there are two others. After that they don’t have all that much in terms of top 3 d prospects other than Fabbro.

Why do you think every college player wants to go UFA ? There is no difference in money. As I said Nashville likely trades one of the top 4 prior to ED.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Finally a player the Canucks are targeting that I'm interested in. Hopefully Goldobin + would interest Nashville.

For those who keep adding Woo into these proposals, I think it's way too early to give up on him. He's made huge strides this season.
Lmao give up after a year where hes been great

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
The only prospect I’m really high on is MDP here, but man this is bending Vancouver over! He’s an unsigned NCAA player with only 1 year to go before he’s free to sign where he wants! This is utterly awful!

I get that all 3 are what Vancouver would consider a bad trade, as we would think that any of the 3 offers were too much, and we would want back more that just Fabbro in return...….I totally get that....

But we have already had 1 Nashville guy say that he doesn't want 3 quarters for a dollar, which I am lead to believe is his way of saying....our offers are crap

So, until we here more comments with actual explanations, instead of just ridicule, than it is hard to know what the actual cost would be

No, I get what you are saying and agree...I made the post this way to solicit, counter offers...….personally, I do think that trying to get a top end RHD will take over payment, and I would not be making the trade unless there were some assurances from the Fabbro camp, that they would sign......

I would just like to know what those 3 offers would bring in trade for a RHD, because Fabbro looks good to me, and I would maybe make an adjustment, but I am willing to over pay somewhat to get him.

So use the 3 trades as a frame work, and go from there...not just you, but anyone that reads them.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I get that all 3 are what Vancouver would consider a bad trade, as we would think that any of the 3 offers were too much, and we would want back more that just Fabbro in return...….I totally get that....

But we have already had 1 Nashville guy say that he doesn't want 3 quarters for a dollar, which I am lead to believe is his way of saying....our offers are crap

So, until we here more comments with actual explanations, instead of just ridicule, than it is hard to know what the actual cost would be

No, I get what you are saying and agree...I made the post this way to solicit, counter offers...….personally, I do think that trying to get a top end RHD will take over payment, and I would not be making the trade unless there were some assurances from the Fabbro camp, that they would sign......

I would just like to know what those 3 offers would bring in trade for a RHD, because Fabbro looks good to me, and I would maybe make an adjustment, but I am willing to over pay somewhat to get him.

So use the 3 trades as a frame work, and go from there...not just you, but anyone that reads them.
You can type all of the diatribes you want. Doesn’t make it a good trade nor does it make sense to even make those proposals when Vancouver if interested should only be offering Goldobin at best, if not just wait out the year and sign him next August.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If the price exceeds an NHL roster player than I’m out! He’s an unsigned NCAA player quickly approaching his 4th college season! If I can’t get him for Goldobin straight up it’s not worth it! Rather wait another season and just try to add Fabbro to Woo for free as the future of the RD!
Why trade for Fabbro at all if there's a chance he won't sign with the Canucks?
And If the return is minimal if I'm Nashville why even bother dealing him in the first place?
Especially if the Predators intend on making him a serious offer after this year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Sportsnet 650 Am morning crew which includes Rick Dhalliwal, reported that the Canucks have a strong interest on Nashville unsigned college Dman Dante Fabbro. They added that Fabbro is the age range the Canucks want when acquiring a player as it fits their core group and they are looking for players like Fabbro. Dman under 24 yrs old

Fabbro is in his 3rd yr at Boston College. He has been reluctant to sign with Nashville thus far, probably because he sees that Nashville has Ekholm Josi Subban Ellis. If Fabbro plays his Senior season next year then he is eligible to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in summer 2020. He has 21 pts in 23 games this season.

Fabbro checks off alot of boxes for Canucks so this makes a ton of sense as to why their targetting him .

- Right Shot
- Dman
- 2 way puck mover
- size
- local boy, born/raised in lower mainland BC
- 20 yrs old

Im not aware of Nashville's needs for their playoff push.

Please for the sake of the thread lets not argue whether or not Fabbro is going to re sign w. Nashville.

Lets just speculate as to what the return would be if Nashville traded him.

Canuck Assets:

1st rnd pick 2020
2nd rnd pick 2019
Edler
Tanev
Hutton
Goldobin
Baertschi
Sutter

Prospects id Move for Fabbro:

Adam Gaudette
Tyler Madden
Jett Woo
Olli Juolevi
Jonathan Dahlan
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro
Jonah Gadjovich
Jack Rathbone

Ill upload the podcast when the show finishes.

I appreciate this kind of rumor and it will be exciting to see if Jim Benning can do something here before TDL.

Dante Fabbro
  • Draft: 2016 NSH, 1st rd, 17th pk (17th overall)

Now we have a great D prospect from 2018, but it make sense for the Canucks to upgrade their blueline.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Why trade for Fabbro at all if there's a chance he won't sign with the Canucks?
And If the return is minimal if I'm Nashville why even bother dealing him in the first place?
Especially if the Predators intend on making him a serious offer after this year.
Well their offer would be a 3 year ELC. Basically the same thing Vancouver would offer if they traded for him or waited until August of his 4th ncaa year!
It’ll be playing time that gets his attention. Vancouver has a much cleaner transition into being an NHL defender as soon as he walks in the door compared to Nashville

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Well their offer would be a 3 year ELC. Basically the same thing Vancouver would offer if they traded for him or waited until August of his 4th ncaa year!
It’ll be playing time that gets his attention. Vancouver has a much cleaner transition into being an NHL defender as soon as he walks in the door compared to Nashville
Pretty much all the NHL teams could use a prospect like Fabbro and offer him something to hang his hat on.

member 290103

I proposed Markus Granlund and Guilliame Brisebois to several Nashville fans and all said they would jump all over that.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I proposed Markus Granlund and Guilliame Brisebois to several Nashville fans and all said they would jump all over that.

I’d be ok with that.
Granlund could be a very useful depth guy for a team preparing for a deep playoff run as he can play all three forward positions in a variety of roles.Gaudette has made him expendable and should be back in the NHL after the TDL.
Brisebois is steadily improving as he matures physically and is close to NHL ready and should be a call up option by next season.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If the Ian Mitchell rumors about him possibly staying in school and not signing are true, I wouldn't mind a Mitchell for Fabbro swap.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
To fellow Canuck fans...………...you are not getting Fabbro or any other young top end Offensive defenseman for anything less than an over payment......just not going to happen

So, to expediate a rebuild that already has Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Hughes, including secondary players like Virtanen, Gaudette, Juolevi, Woo, and this years 1st round pick, all of which will be here for 10+ years (Hopefully), you need to add more top end talent quickly

This will either be done through drafting or Free Agency for a top RHD, or if a trade is being considered, you will either pay draft picks, prospects, and roster players of substantial value, or you will be back to signing a UFA at ridiculous prices...….all of which comes with risk, and uncertainty.

None of the players I suggested, have as high of a ceiling as Fabbro, and that IMO, puts getting Fabbro in an Over payment situation....

I would ask, if you feel my offers are overpayments, what young defenseman would you be able to get with those packages...…..to other teams fans, what would you offer for those 3 different packages, I suggested...….is there any other young Offensive RHD that are better than Fabbro that fits our young time line demands, that you would offer?

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
To fellow Canuck fans...………...you are not getting Fabbro or any other young top end Offensive defenseman for anything less than an over payment......just not going to happen

So, to expediate a rebuild that already has Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Hughes, including secondary players like Virtanen, Gaudette, Juolevi, Woo, and this years 1st round pick, all of which will be here for 10+ years (Hopefully), you need to add more top end talent quickly

This will either be done through drafting or Free Agency for a top RHD, or if a trade is being considered, you will either pay draft picks, prospects, and roster players of substantial value, or you will be back to signing a UFA at ridiculous prices...….all of which comes with risk, and uncertainty.

None of the players I suggested, have as high of a ceiling as Fabbro, and that IMO, puts getting Fabbro in an Over payment situation....

I would ask, if you feel my offers are overpayments, what young defenseman would you be able to get with those packages...…..to other teams fans, what would you offer for those 3 different packages, I suggested...….is there any other young Offensive RHD that are better than Fabbro that fits our young time line demands, that you would offer?

This. But it's not even overpayment. It's just his value. You can't just get a player from a team for a handful of garbage with little substance. Goldoblin, insert random C grade prospect, and a 3rd rounder is garbage proposal.

This thread is down right embarassing for Canuck's fans.

A package around Goldoblin? f*** off. Virtanen? He's not worth too much either. There's players available with Virtanen's skill for next to nothing everywhere. (The only thing he has on them is the very slight chance he improves significantly.)

Reactions: Askel

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
One time I was at a game in Vancouver, I think it was a couple years ago. Definitely after Fabbro was drafted. Anyways, my friends and I had drank a ton prior to the game and went to our seats. Some middle aged lady was next to me, we started talking. It was Dante Fabbro's mom. She mentioned his name, I recognized it, and said he probably had a great career ahead of him as Florida's future goalie. She looked at me weird, corrected me, and my friends died laughing. True story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad