Value of: Canucks Taking Your Team's Bad Contracts

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
No. Can't see anyway the Canucks would be interested in taking on a long term, crippling contracts such as Bobby Ryan or Milan Lucic's unless there was significant incentives. A late 1st isn't enough. One or two year deals is the most they should be looking at.

fair, i was going based off the friedman thoughts but i do understand why you are saying no

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
In defense of the post your are responding to.... Ennis' contract is for 1 year. I don't think it would take a lot of an add to get a team to take a bad contract that is 1 year. Not sure if a 5th is enough, but I don't think it's outrageous.
It's pretty unrealistic anyone would take it for a 5th. You can do a lot with that much cap that would get much, more than a 5th.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if a Seabrook deal gets done at the draft. He has a NMC, but I'm sure they could get him to waive it and move back home.

Vancouver really needs a RHD and who better than a 3 time stanley cup winner? Chicago has a few options they could bundle in like Nashville's 1st rnd pick, Duclair, Anisimov, a B level prospect like Highmore or any combination of those. Not sure what Canucks would send the other way.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
No u dont. :)

About the Sedins - it were great to watch them in their NHL career. So I hope Nucks hit with something in this draft so they can get this rebuild going.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I wouldn't be surprised if a Seabrook deal gets done at the draft. He has a NMC, but I'm sure they could get him to waive it and move back home.

Vancouver really needs a RHD and who better than a 3 time stanley cup winner? Chicago has a few options they could bundle in like Nashville's 1st rnd pick, Duclair, Anisimov, a B level prospect like Highmore or any combination of those. Not sure what Canucks would send the other way.
Eriksson+Sutter

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It's pretty unrealistic anyone would take it for a 5th. You can do a lot with that much cap that would get much, more than a 5th.

And it's unrealistic a team that isn't going to be fighting the cap is going to give up a 2nd to get rid of a 1 year contract.

It's true that MINN may not find a buyer for a 4th or a 5th for Ennis. But that's not the premise of this thread, which is finding someone willing to give up assets to VAN to take a bad contract. It's great that VAN is willing to do that, but the only prime assets they'll get is if they take a truly bad one.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Seabrook has brutal negative value. His contract is worse than Bolland and Bickell, which both essentially returned mid-1st round picks. Chicago would have to offer something in the amount of two or three 1st round picks.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Is future considerations code for Loui Eriksson?

Or are you retaining 40% on Ryan?

Retain 20%
4 years of Bobby for $6.0

Ryan’s still a good player, he’s no scrub.
He was our best forward in the playoffs last year, he started the same way this year then broke his hand, then his hand again.
Hard to get any momentum. He’s overpaid for sure but he can still play.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Say Buffalo wins the lottery and Vancouver has a top-five pick.

Buffalo:
Vancouver 1st

Vancouver:
1st overall
Kyle Okposo
Zach Bogosian

Vancouver may need to add a little bit.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Retain 20%
4 years of Bobby for $6.0

Ryan’s still a good player, he’s no scrub.
He was our best forward in the playoffs last year, he started the same way this year then broke his hand, then his hand again.
Hard to get any momentum. He’s overpaid for sure but he can still play.
35%.
2nd + Zaitsev for an AHLer we can bury
Canucks accept.
We're talking about Bowman vs. Benning. Benning wouldn't win the trade.

Yeah Bowman has an amazing track record with trades, just ask Artemi Panarin.

Reactions: zcaptain

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Canucks would probably move out a guy taking up a contract spot like Laplante.

I think the Hawks would have to eat a couple mil off that salary though. $7 mil is fine but the length is crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad